Bad Investment
By brian rawson on
1999 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan
I bought this car used and had nothing but problems with it from the start. It had 62K on it, and about every 3 months something would be going wrong with it. From hub bearings, to cv joints, cheap brakes & electrical problems, this car was a hassle to own. I did all the standard maintenence, fluid/filter changes, belts etc. It still ran terrible. Then at 90k the transmission started to give out, and I finally traded it in with 115k on it. Very sad that a car I kept so well maintained couldn't even make it to 100k before breaking down. There's a reason they sell you the 100k warranty, with cheap cars like this you will definitely need it. What do you expect for under $10,000?
Favorite Features
Cruise control, power windows & locks, exterior design of the car(not bad). My other favorite feature was when I got rid of it. I now own a 1991 Ford Escort with 48k original miles, and it runs a thousand times better than my old Elantra ever did.
Suggested Improvements
Everything! Half the cost of manufacturing the car went into the int/ext design! Stupidity! Spend that money on making the car dependable! Cheap aluminum alloy S Korean parts that wear out too quick. Piece of junk, don't waste your time with this nightmare of a car.