1999 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Since I drive it, I know it.
By Aciman on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my Hyundai in January of 1999. At the time I was looking for an inexpensive car with something more to offer than most cars of this price range were offering. I have never been sorry I chose the Hyundai. The style of the car is so much better than the current models. It is reliable and has offered many miles of fun driving. I would suggest this car to anyone.

Faster than you think!
By Randal on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car because it had the most bang for the buck. It has 140 horse power stock and now after a few modifications my car will give a $19k Honda SI, a run for the money. I have 120,000 miles on my car and it still running strong. I never had any problems with the car.

Call previous owners first...
By Shan on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Fun, sporty-looking car, but not very good acceleration. Transmission slippage recall on some. Had to have tranmission replaced at 35000 miles. Check engine light has been on most of the time since. Fuel pressure sensor replaced, now service is checking some other sensors. Or might be faulty wiring. Fuel injection timer replaced shortly before 35000, of which service said is common in this model. All repairs have been covered by 60000 mile warranty. Blinker handle too short, no reminder bell if you leave your lights on, and the exterior trim on a door fell off. Plastic pieces inside that you use to close the doors come out easily.

My Review
By Petra Gant on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This is a nice vehicle. I purchased it recently and I'm very impressed