1998 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Great Car

1998 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

Great Car
By Derek Benoit on

1998 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle new andI was weary of Hyundai's reputation but decided to take my chances after a surprising test drive. This was also before they offered the great warranty. I have never regretted my decision. My Elantra now has 135,000 miles on it w/o any problems at all! The only items I have had to replace in over 4 years are considered normal maintanence such as wiper blades, tires, brakes, and a battery. The car has never failed to start, and has driven flawlessly in a number of extreme conditions as I live in the northeast. I just passed the strict Massachusetts emissions test w/o a problem at all.

The interior of the car is extremely well designed. The exterior is also still quite fresh after over 4 yrs. Reliability is top-notch; never had any issues. It is very fun to drive, with lots of power. Still has ice cold A/C.

the body dings a bit too easily. I also wish it had a bit more headroom as I am 6'1" and feel a little too close to the roof sometimes.