1997 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Best car I've ever had

1997 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Best car I've ever had
By elalove on

1997 Hyundai Elantra 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 1997 hyundai for 5 years-- I bought it with 116, 000kms on it and it's at 270, 000 kms right now I originally paid 2500$ for it. This car is manual and I replaced the clutch in the first year because I was a new driver and I burnt it out and it only cost me 600$. In the winter I get through heavy snow that trucks can't even get through. Everyone who calls this car the little tug that could or a trooper is RIGHT! This is the most reliable, sweetest little car of all time. I'm SO SO SO depressed that my baby is at the end of it's life. in 5 years I've had ZERO engine repairs (it's a 15 year old car). I adore this thing!

Never ever lets me down, even when I had some engine trouble it was something silly like at 250, 000 kms the starter was having trouble in the winter time but it still started eventually and now its april 2012 and still running fine. the clutch is great can still do a burn out. all minor fixes have been beyond cheap.

i love everything just the way it is, if the cup holders are too close to the radio and that's the worst thing you can say about your vehicle i think hyundai did a pretty damn good job...