Used 1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Long lasting
By Medina

1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have a 1995 Hyundai Elantra. This car has lasted longer than any car that I have ever had. My husband keeps up the regular maintenance and oil changes. It takes off like a jet and is a smooth ride even after 14 years. The only problem that we have had is the gear shift sticking and the door handles needing repair. When taking off this car leaves the others in the dust!

I like the room inside of the car and the seats are comfortable. The design is nice.

I suggest better gear boxes and inside handles on the doors. They got to the point where the front driver and passenger doors would not open from the inside but were not expensive to get repaired.

You need one
By paintchip

1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan 4dr Sedan

This was my first car and it has lasted me 2 years and counting. Considering it is only 6 years younger then I am this car has held up great. I haven't had any Major problems with it just regular maintenance which is usually really cheap for this car and the two previous owners who I personally know have also never had a real problem with this car. The only thing I don't like about it is that is slow as hell and accelerates a little slower then I can run. Also the interior which has held up fantastically is a Nice fit for me at 5,9" 150 lbs but for any one bigger they would have problems especially when I have the seat all the way back and my knee hits my keys.

GAS Mileage!!!!!. sweet looking interior

little more room, maybe a few horses under the hood

Great car
By My Hyundai

1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Hyundai for 13 years and only have had to have regular maintenance on it except for the sensor which just went out this year (2008) My car is a 1995 Elantra. My husband and I basically keeps it going with regular oil changes and regular maintenance. I have owned at least 5 cars in the past but this is the best one except for the gear shift which sticks a little at this point. This car drives better than most brand new ones. It has a smooth fast and easy take off. Some of the others that I have owned usually hesitated after the light turned green as if to say do I want to go or not. I really like my 95 Hyundai!

The quick smooth acceleration. The leg room in the front and back and the trunk space.

I think there should be an improvement with the gear box, cup holders and door handles but these are minor compared to its' performance.

Very reliable
By draven1972

1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Very good car bought for reasnable price $500 very little maintnence, brake pads battery and a altinator is all I've had to put in. gets 20mpg 3 interior door handles broke, trans shifts a little hard down at stoplights but not always. good power (enought to smoke the tires lol) comfy interior (exept door handles ) good factory stereo. good looks in my opinion. very good highway manners. no problem keeping up with traffic. lots of trunk room. i like this little car alot it has grown on me.

great mpg, good power ,comfy seats, great looks.id love to have two more just like it lol

door handles and trans shift but not a big enough problem to discourage purchase again.

Very reliable
By Reliable

1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Never thought I'd drive a Hyundai. Wife bought new before we married. Been the most reliable car I've owned in 25 yrs, including Hondas, etc. Only major issue has been replacing the front wheel bearings 3 times (twice under warrenty). Has the usual list of TSB's issues on the transmission but it has not broken. Besides the hard shifting and occasional engine hesitations, been a great car.

Very reliable, few $$ to maintain, good on gas. Cheap to begin with (paid off years ago). I'd get one again for these reasons.

Better transmission (think newer models don't have issues). Fix hesitation issues (I've tried about everything). Get the dealer some training (ex. wanted to bang off the front rotors when the owner's manual says NOT to do or bearings will be damaged).

• SUV