1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Long lasting
By Medina on 11/07/09 06:04 AM (PST)

1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have a 1995 Hyundai Elantra. This car has lasted longer than any car that I have ever had. My husband keeps up the regular maintenance and oil changes. It takes off like a jet and is a smooth ride even after 14 years. The only problem that we have had is the gear shift sticking and the door handles needing repair. When taking off this car leaves the others in the dust!

You need one
By paintchip on 05/05/08 15:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan 4dr Sedan

This was my first car and it has lasted me 2 years and counting. Considering it is only 6 years younger then I am this car has held up great. I haven't had any Major problems with it just regular maintenance which is usually really cheap for this car and the two previous owners who I personally know have also never had a real problem with this car. The only thing I don't like about it is that is slow as hell and accelerates a little slower then I can run. Also the interior which has held up fantastically is a Nice fit for me at 5,9" 150 lbs but for any one bigger they would have problems especially when I have the seat all the way back and my knee hits my keys.

Great car
By My Hyundai on 03/27/08 14:34 PM (PDT)

1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Hyundai for 13 years and only have had to have regular maintenance on it except for the sensor which just went out this year (2008) My car is a 1995 Elantra. My husband and I basically keeps it going with regular oil changes and regular maintenance. I have owned at least 5 cars in the past but this is the best one except for the gear shift which sticks a little at this point. This car drives better than most brand new ones. It has a smooth fast and easy take off. Some of the others that I have owned usually hesitated after the light turned green as if to say do I want to go or not. I really like my 95 Hyundai!

Very reliable
By draven1972 on 01/31/06 14:41 PM (PST)

1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Very good car bought for reasnable price $500 very little maintnence, brake pads battery and a altinator is all I've had to put in. gets 20mpg 3 interior door handles broke, trans shifts a little hard down at stoplights but not always. good power (enought to smoke the tires lol) comfy interior (exept door handles ) good factory stereo. good looks in my opinion. very good highway manners. no problem keeping up with traffic. lots of trunk room. i like this little car alot it has grown on me.

Very reliable
By Reliable on 10/25/05 15:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Never thought I'd drive a Hyundai. Wife bought new before we married. Been the most reliable car I've owned in 25 yrs, including Hondas, etc. Only major issue has been replacing the front wheel bearings 3 times (twice under warrenty). Has the usual list of TSB's issues on the transmission but it has not broken. Besides the hard shifting and occasional engine hesitations, been a great car.

good car
By LAN on 06/03/05 15:45 PM (PDT)

1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

The only problem I've ever had with it is the trim panels, the buttons that hold the door panels kept comming off. Fun to drive only mechanical problems were brake pad replacements, head light replaced, new tires. I bought it as a second car for local travel, and ended up taking it on a couple crosscounty trips. Would buy from again.

Excellent car
By Krek on 05/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

good car worth a test drive and for its money you cant get anything better so go and grab the keys

one lemon
By roland on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

This car is one lemon. The previous owner an old retiered school teacher had to replace the transmission under warrenty at 17000 miles. I bought the car with 50000 miles and I have had to replace the rear axel bushings,shocks an struts,check engine sensor,catalitic converter,o2 sensor,spark plug coil and now at 85000miles the transmission needs to be replaced for a second time and a break job. On the positive note the car always starts even in the cold and for a small car it's roomy and fairly comfortable.

My '95 Elantra :-)
By DavidTX on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Hyundai Elantra Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got the car for my 17th birthay with 125,000 miles on the odometer. It was a great car. My good 'ol Aunt had it before me and she babied that car, it was perfect. Well, two years later I'm sad to say the 'ol car threw a rod at 159,987. It almost made it! That car and I had some good times. I had charachter. We all called her Edna. She was the best. Rest in peace Edna!