1994 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
good ride
By big john on 11/19/09 12:29 PM (PST)

1994 Hyundai Elantra 4dr Sedan

Bought new for wife, never had Major problems and regular maint. Will keep her running. Drove up and down east coast when new. Would do it again if I had to.

I love this car!!
By New Mom on 04/26/06 18:40 PM (PDT)

1994 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan

I and my husbend bought this car before our baby was born. I love the space and the back seats lay down wich comes in hady when your use to haveing a truck. It handles gr8. I would sugest this car to every one. buy the way when I bought the car it had 161,000 miles on it.

Miracles never surprise me
By MelissaAlleva on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Hyundai Elantra 4dr Sedan

We bought this car from a neighbor. Originally, the car had been owned by a mechanic (which was the reason I decided to buy). I have owned the car for over a year, I have only needed to replace the alternator. The car had 119,000 on it when we bought it and made it through a trip from New York to Florida and still runs great. I am glad to have as a 2nd car.

Welcome to my Nightmare
By Jesse 777 on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Hyundai Elantra 4dr Sedan

I fell in love with the car, at first sight, but it turns into a nightmare at soon I started driving. The engine get damaged immediately, it was fixed by the dealer and at soon the guarantee was over the engine went down again, I fixed and never get in to a good conditions, finally the clutch get damaged and it cost more than the car to fix it. I am without transportation and I have a car to keep making payments.

Good - stick 5spd model
By Sorin Leucuta on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan

I brought this car from a dealer in 2002. It had 61000 miles at that time and I payed $2,200. I one year i added 25,000 miles and the car still runs and looks the same. But the engine is loud now and i had to replace many tires and parts (horn, winshield pomp motor, brakes, axel, bearings). I alwais use Valvoline MaxLife engine oil. So it's up to you to decide, but even if i love my car, my next choice would not be a Hyundai. It's not reliable enaugh. Maybe 2003-2004 models are OK, but I don't wanna take the chance.

Decent car
By chetan on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan

A very nice car for its price! Would recommend it to anyone looking for a used car to use within the city.

Unexpectly Great Car
By RomanK on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new because it had 5yr. unlimited mileage warranty. I expected to throw it away after the 5 yr. period. 9 years later, we still have the car. The only expense were regular oil changes, new tires, brake pads. No rust! Starts in -40. Has lots of power for a 4banger (125hp). Looks great even after 9 years.

Good Little Car
By cjohn on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Hyundai Elantra 4dr Sedan

I bought my Elantra with 117000 miles on it. The gas mileage is about 27 on the highway. I like the way the interior is set up> Im not too wild about the lavender paint though. The power is sufficent for the engine size.

::shrug:: No problems here.
By Vegete on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan

For a 1st car, this did the trick. Since owning the car, I never had any problems w/ it. It had great gas mileage and plenty of room inside. I bought the car at around 70,000 and all ran swimmingly...up until its unfortunate demise in an accident (STAY ON YOUR SIDE). In my accident, the car automatically shut off as it should have (I've heard of stories where people's cars didn't shut off after having an accident) and the air bag deployed on cue (thank goodness). All in all, a pretty decent car.

STEER CLEAR !!!!!!!!
By princess on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 60,000 miles. Immediatly the transmission went out. Soon after the back doors broke and wouldnt open from the inside or outside. Being a single mom that killed the convience of having a four door. I will never buy one of these cars again nor would i recommned it to my worst enemy.