Used 1994 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

1994 Hyundai Elantra

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

good ride
By big john

1994 Hyundai Elantra 4dr Sedan

Bought new for wife, never had Major problems and regular maint. Will keep her running. Drove up and down east coast when new. Would do it again if I had to.

Favorite Features

body style

Suggested Improvements

doors

I love this car!!
By New Mom

1994 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan

I and my husbend bought this car before our baby was born. I love the space and the back seats lay down wich comes in hady when your use to haveing a truck. It handles gr8. I would sugest this car to every one. buy the way when I bought the car it had 161,000 miles on it.

Favorite Features

The fold down seats and air con.

Suggested Improvements

make it a manual

Miracles never surprise me
By MelissaAlleva

1994 Hyundai Elantra 4dr Sedan

We bought this car from a neighbor. Originally, the car had been owned by a mechanic (which was the reason I decided to buy). I have owned the car for over a year, I have only needed to replace the alternator. The car had 119,000 on it when we bought it and made it through a trip from New York to Florida and still runs great. I am glad to have as a 2nd car.

Favorite Features

Gas milage is great.

Suggested Improvements

Door locks can get jammed sometimes.

Welcome to my Nightmare
By Jesse 777

1994 Hyundai Elantra 4dr Sedan

I fell in love with the car, at first sight, but it turns into a nightmare at soon I started driving. The engine get damaged immediately, it was fixed by the dealer and at soon the guarantee was over the engine went down again, I fixed and never get in to a good conditions, finally the clutch get damaged and it cost more than the car to fix it. I am without transportation and I have a car to keep making payments.

Favorite Features

None-this car is a big piece of junk

Suggested Improvements

I suggest that Hyuandai stop making cars and make something that has no mechanical features, like pieces of metal or bricks.

Good - stick 5spd model
By Sorin Leucuta

1994 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan

I brought this car from a dealer in 2002. It had 61000 miles at that time and I payed $2,200. I one year i added 25,000 miles and the car still runs and looks the same. But the engine is loud now and i had to replace many tires and parts (horn, winshield pomp motor, brakes, axel, bearings). I alwais use Valvoline MaxLife engine oil. So it's up to you to decide, but even if i love my car, my next choice would not be a Hyundai. It's not reliable enaugh. Maybe 2003-2004 models are OK, but I don't wanna take the chance.

Favorite Features

with manual transmition, the car responds ok to your road/fun needs. i don't recomand any automatic elantra.

Suggested Improvements

better breakes & suspension.