1993 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
solid at 325,000 km
By johnny_bravo on 09/24/11 20:33 PM (PDT)

1993 Hyundai Elantra Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got one of these in 2004 with 275k km on it, automatic transmission. It had one owner prior to me, treated with care. I took this car and drove it from Toronto Ontario to Kelowna British Columbia and back (9000km round trip) - I drove at 120 km p/h the whole way, in the mountains, if there was space before an uphill section I would floor the pedal and put it into 2nd on the uphill passing lanes just to keep it at 80km p/h. I could smell the oil burning, but the car never, ever overheated or broke down. Also drove Toronto to New York 10 times in a year and did not go easy on the car, but it was fine. Other than that it was used for commuting. throttle went and I let it die. GREAT CAR

Hyundai Elantra GLS '93
By J Learned on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

The only car I've ever owned that need absolutely no repairs for the entire 10 years. No cost except for fuel and basic maintenance.

none
By louis j arnold on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Hyundai Elantra Sedan 4dr Sedan

body and suspension very solid. this vehicle had 76000 miles when purchased, not even broken-in. great little car. only problem was that it had no a/c.

Great Car
By Don2000 on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Hyundai Elantra Sedan 4dr Sedan

Reliable, Comfortable, Good Mileage, Drove to work 250 Miles a week for the last 5 years.

I love it!
By kristinkm on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Hyundai Elantra Sedan 4dr Sedan

My friends had me talked into the Accent, I drove it, I hated it. They had the Elantra on the lot, I gave it a spin, and I loved it! I was looking for a manual transmission 4 door sedan, and this one had it all. It's been a good, reliable car, and really good mileage for its time (I've never gotten less than 25mpg, even with city and stop-and-go freeway driving with air conditioning). I'll be going up a class on my next car (next <2yrs), but I have NO regrets on my Elantra.

A damn good little car!
By Scottimus on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Hyundai Elantra Sedan 4dr Sedan

This was one of the BEST cars I have ever owned! It was VERY reliable and a VERY quick little car. I drove this thing hard and it never quit. If I ever was in the market for another small car, I would definitely look into buying another one of these.

reliable!
By amychen on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Best car I've ever owned--never needed any repairs beyond what is expected. I drove it about 1000 miles a week for more than two years, with no problems.

very good car for its price
By piotr borycki on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

great car for it's price. it has lots of errors in design - however they affect only esthetics. the only mechanical feature is really bad is suspension. you feel avere turn and curve. but if you don't treat it as a sport car it's still accetable - just driving it is less comfortable and threathen passenger. engine is very good - for this light vehicle 124hp is completely enough to give you satisfactory acceleration even at 80- 90mph - which makes passing pretty safe operation