2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra Touring model:
Excellent value
By crowcanada on 02/06/15 11:16 AM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and kids positively *love* our Touring! They're all short (5'2 to 5'4) so they love the visibility and low-dash design The controls are well laid out and easy to use. The radio is small and fiddly. Ride is stiff, but handling is good. Not truly sporty, though. Hyundai seems to think making things stiff and heavy = sporty, but that's not true. It is a vastly better driver than my '13 Elantra Sedan, which, although more comfortable, has "unsettled" handling. Handling is predictable and road holding good. Engine is weak and mileage is not great in this class. Seats are hard and flat, but surprisingly don't kill you on long (14+ hour) drives.

It's Okay
By urbanhippie001 on 01/27/15 12:40 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, the car is reliable. However, I've had to replace the odometer/dash twice (w/in 60K miles) due to the numbers disappearing on me. Not sure if due to malfunction, heat/sun, etc... But it's annoying because the fix resets the odometer back to 0. I really miss my old 2005 Hyundai (accent). It was made better than this car. Other than that, the car has been reliable. No major problems aside from odometer. Does not accelerate quickly. Would I buy one again? Unfortunately, no.

2012 Elantra Touring GL
By rooke1991 on 10/09/12 17:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Had it for 8 months now, pretty damn good! Really comfortable and spacious, driven with 5 average guys, between 20-27. and everyone had enough space for a 3 hour drive. Fit enough stuff(tent, beer, air mattresses, etc) for 3 people for a weekend camping trip, not comprimising on seating space at all. Alittle slow acceeration wise but once going its all good! Sound system is good, the usb input is kind of a pain, auxillary cable works fine though. Tons of compartments, all mine are empty dont have enough stuff to fill them. ONly complaint is seeing as im 21 I get called a soccer mom alot.

DON'T BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!
By coltraneous on 07/27/12 07:18 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a manual one and since day one is having problems with first gear that most of the time doesn't engage. I have to start in 2nd gear even when I am completely parked. Took to the dealer and was told that I am the problem. I have always driven manual cars and NEVER had any problems. They don't want to fix it or they don't know how. Now I am stuck with a brand new car that doesn't work properly.

Did my homework!
By hwjoe on 10/17/11 08:23 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new 2012 Elantra Touring! It has more cargo rom than a Nissan Murano at 1/2 the price! Good gas mileage, comfortable ride, and room for my small family make it the perfect crossover alternative. The GLS with the preferred package is a great compromise between the bas emodel and the more expensive SE model! Many of the same features for a lower price. The competition cant touch this car. Matrix seems shoddily built, Focus HB is much more expensive, Mazda 3 HB has much less room and price is higher. I recommend this car whole heartedly