2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra Touring model:
2012 Elantra Touring GL
By rooke1991 on 10/09/12 17:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Had it for 8 months now, pretty damn good! Really comfortable and spacious, driven with 5 average guys, between 20-27. and everyone had enough space for a 3 hour drive. Fit enough stuff(tent, beer, air mattresses, etc) for 3 people for a weekend camping trip, not comprimising on seating space at all. Alittle slow acceeration wise but once going its all good! Sound system is good, the usb input is kind of a pain, auxillary cable works fine though. Tons of compartments, all mine are empty dont have enough stuff to fill them. ONly complaint is seeing as im 21 I get called a soccer mom alot.

DON'T BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!
By coltraneous on 07/27/12 07:18 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a manual one and since day one is having problems with first gear that most of the time doesn't engage. I have to start in 2nd gear even when I am completely parked. Took to the dealer and was told that I am the problem. I have always driven manual cars and NEVER had any problems. They don't want to fix it or they don't know how. Now I am stuck with a brand new car that doesn't work properly.

Did my homework!
By hwjoe on 10/17/11 08:23 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new 2012 Elantra Touring! It has more cargo rom than a Nissan Murano at 1/2 the price! Good gas mileage, comfortable ride, and room for my small family make it the perfect crossover alternative. The GLS with the preferred package is a great compromise between the bas emodel and the more expensive SE model! Many of the same features for a lower price. The competition cant touch this car. Matrix seems shoddily built, Focus HB is much more expensive, Mazda 3 HB has much less room and price is higher. I recommend this car whole heartedly

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring in VA is:

$143 per month*