Practical and Sensible Car
By bradjan69 on
2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
This is our second Hyundai in 10 years. We traded our 01 Elantra in on a 2011 Malibu and hated it. We decided to trade it in on another car. We looked at all cars in its class and decided on the Elantra touring SE The test drive went pretty good. The 2.0L 4 cylinder had adequate execration and was very quite. The car provided good feed back to the driver while going through turns. Road noise in the cabin was quite as well. The controls are very easy to use and set up to accommodate the driver. Seats are comfortable and there is plenty of storage within the cabin area. Overall value of this car is unbeatable. For long trips the Crew Cab pickup will stay home we are taking the wagon!
Favorite Features
I don't have enough space to write about all the items I love about this car so I'll highlight on a few. The seats are great and provide great support for lower back and legs. The glove box has a vent that cools or heats the inside of it. Very nice for hot days. There are plenty of 12volt AUX outlets in the car. The cargo capacity is what I like the most. There are just tons of room in this car. I drove it almost 200 miles from the dealership and my average MPGS were 34.3 running at 65-70mph. PRICING!!! Holy cow we got so much more car for far less then others in its class. 18k and change for our loaded SE through USAA. If you are in the market for a wagon under 20K this car is for you!
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see Hyundai put some body molding on the sides of the car to break it up a little. Add rear heated seats in the back as well. I would like to see some little features like built in home link for garages, auto dimming rearview mirror and a power inverter outlet as well. I am nit picking right now. Other then that I can't think of anything else. Bottom line is that we love this car and look forward to keeping it until the wheels fall off.