2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra Touring model:
'Does everything better than a mid-sized SUV -- at far lower cost
By grbgmncmth on 02/24/14 09:28 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

'Does everything very well; truly great in several areas: driver/passenger comfort & cargo space w/compact exterior size, both low and hi-speed handling, ease of parking and maneuvering in heavy-traffic, braking distance, driver-visibility, fun-factor & winter-weather driveability (with 5-speed manual tranny), reliability, ease of service, and a long list of standard features. All that and an expectation of good long-term reliability for 19G including tax and title? I'm pretty happy.

hard core touring
By bassman26 on 10/19/11 21:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Hi, update after 20,000 miles in my 2011 elantra touring se model. Right to the point; could use more top end horsepower for higher speed interstate travel, it doesn't really like to average over 80, especially up hills of any consequence. Off the line response is excellent, making easy work of around town driving. Better than many cars I've driven like a turbo VW or small mercedes; they are built for the high speed cruising at some expense of around town response. Perfectly reliable thru 20k miles. Drove through the 100 year storm last winter across tennessee, arkansas and oklahoma. I mounted Conti DWS tires, as the stock tires couldn't get me out of my snow covered driveway in Nashville!

Practical and Sensible Car
By bradjan69 on 07/30/11 17:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is our second Hyundai in 10 years. We traded our 01 Elantra in on a 2011 Malibu and hated it. We decided to trade it in on another car. We looked at all cars in its class and decided on the Elantra touring SE The test drive went pretty good. The 2.0L 4 cylinder had adequate execration and was very quite. The car provided good feed back to the driver while going through turns. Road noise in the cabin was quite as well. The controls are very easy to use and set up to accommodate the driver. Seats are comfortable and there is plenty of storage within the cabin area. Overall value of this car is unbeatable. For long trips the Crew Cab pickup will stay home we are taking the wagon!

1 year review...so far so good!!
By gwilly on 06/19/11 20:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We already have a 07 AWD Santa Fe, with a pretty reliable record. Didn't know about this car 1 year ago, but it fits the bill perfectly. Mileage is 25-28 city and 31-34 highway with a light foot, car coasts very easily in neutral, I throw it there often. Ride can be harsh on the freeway in So Cal, my wife dislikes this bumpiness caused by the perpendicular cross-cuts in the pavement for water drainage. Overall no problems at all, with a few rattles coming from the shifter and occasionally the car idles like a diesel for no reason. I would recommend the manual shifter if you want to have more control over the driving experience. Older people with bad backs will not like the SE.

Day 1
By abe1215 on 05/22/11 11:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is NOT a review, but rather first impressions after purchasing. I'll skip the technicalities, as I don't have enough statistics to give a solid evaluation yet. The car looks and feels like an ideal match for intended audience - small family of 2-4. Not small, not too big either. Very nice set of essentials for driving, safety and comfort. Car feels very well planted on a road. Nice torque and acceleration. Pretty smooth 4-speed automatics. Excellent visibility. The interior is comfortable, easily fits 6"+ drivers. Cargo space is great, esp. with folded rear seats. Very little of fake metal insets that look so nasty Elantra Sedan '11. The beginning is very positive. To be continued

First time Hyundai Buyer
By bear7 on 03/19/11 00:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've never considered a Hyundai before in my whole life. I'm a patriotic American and have tried to buy American over and over to help my fellow countrymen but - damn! - I'm sick of the cars. I researched a hatchback, SUV or wagon for the wife to replace her rapidly deteriorating Saturn Ion. The Touring is designed by Hyundai Europe in Germany (it's the i30 over there) and it feels like it. we feel we got a German station wagon for a Hyundai price. Outstanding standard features and PEP #2 options (reasonably priced) and comfortable as heck. huge cargo capacity. We love it. Excellent price through TrueCar.com.

Fun car
By mrh4 on 02/05/11 11:40 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Hyundai's best kept secret, strong engine, roomy interior, loads of features, averaging 26 mpg- haven't taken any long trips yet, had car about a month now, rides and handles like a sports car. Electric steering handles great. I've driven Toyotas for over 20 years and glad I made the switch.

A speedy "little" hatchback
By jayteejr on 02/02/11 09:43 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I research every one of my purchases to DEATH and buying a new car was no different. We have a young child and two dogs, so needless to say we needed something that could haul them all comfortably. I am not a fan of SUVs and a minivan was out of the question. Browsing Edmunds I ran into the Elantra Touring, scheduled a test drive and never looked back. The SE trim game me everything I wanted and the manual transmission keeps it fun to drive. Only about 300 miles on her to date, but so far this has been a great purchase!

Nice inexpensive wagon
By limee on 01/23/11 17:36 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car as I needed to transport my 2 German Shepherds. With the back seats down, it accomodates them well. The SE trim has a stiffer ride than the GLS which I like. Looks very smart in Chili pepper red with the upgraded wheels. Have 3000 miles on the clock now. Averaging 25 mpg in mixed driving and up to 31 on a 500 mile trip to San Diego. The car is nicely put together with no sqeaks or rattles. Idles very smoothly and is entertaining to corner with when the dogs are not in the back! Leather seating surfaces are by far the way to go as they are easy to keep clean especially from dog hair!

Great little urban runner
By dave on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

So far I really like this car, it is a economy car so I don't expect a great ride, but I like the features , like heated seats, and just about every little added feature there is, i used to drive a truck and just got tired of filling the tank up, Now I just drive by the gas station and smile.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring Hatchback in VA is:

$127 per month*