2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Good car but

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring - Consumer Review

GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Good car but
By CarLover on

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I considered Civic, Legacy, and Elantra Touring (ET). I bought ET because I wanted to save money. Fuel Economy was okay, 26.6 MPG combined driving city and highway. As you know, new sonata 2011 can save more gas. I found that door lock was not working sometimes. After restart Engine, the door lock works fine. I changed 2 rims and 2 tires. The one original rim costed me $360 and the original tire cost me $168. Use tirerack.com, not Hyundai Dealer service. I think the original rim and tire is too weak. The good thing was no power train problems so far.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth (Dealer installed) XM (3 months free, then $9 or $13/month) Heated front seats.

Suggested Improvements

Make stronger rim. Use Bridge stone or better one for oem tires, not Kumho. The kumho tire was the worst tire I have ever used. Is that make sense to provide 15 in spare tire even though others are 17in. The spare tire recommend to drive less than 50 mi/hour. What can I do at the highway?