Used 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra Touring model:

Surprised by how much I like it.
By mom22kids

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car during Cash for Clunkers, and my goal was to buy the least expensive car that would meet our immediate needs. This car fit that bill. I am really surprised at how much I like it--the hatchback makes a huge difference for getting things (strollers) in/out. We bought the SE b/c of the bigger tires to make the ride a bit more smooth and b/c the moon roof made things feel cramped. Great vehicle for hauling kids and their gear. A bit loud, but for this price what do you expect?

Room for cargo. Ease of handling. It's "zippy" and fun to drive. LATCH system for car seats.

Auto open hatchback (from a button on the fob which already exists). Improved dealership/sales team that don't display sexist behavior during the purchase process. Quieter cabin--the noise is my #1 complaint.

Happy Hatchback
By Brian

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Having driven my Touring for 6 weeks, I am impressed with the fit and finish of the vehicle. I am averaging 30mi on HWY and 27 in town. There a lot of user friendly pockets, there's plenty of head and leg room and I am a 6'2" tall. It may not have the most zip of a car but I am all about getting there safe and its safety really suprized me. Breaking is good and traction control has worked on snowy roads.

Heated seats, versatile storage space. Easy to lower and raise seats.

Standard bluetooth, automatic headlights,5 or 6 speed automatic, Need to develop a hybrid. Quieter tires

Surprised!
By Race

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was very surprised by this car, was compared to RAV4 and CRV but after the test drive and price I was sold. I did not need all the bells and whistles as this car has enough already and it is all standard. Drives and handles great and Hyundai quality as of late and the warranty cant be beat. Do your research and find out for yourself! I am extremely happy and feel I made a great choice in buying the Elantra Touring. I do not see too many on the road and always get asked and get looks while driving..........26 to 27 mpg in mixed driving and still breaking in the engine.....

Quality, Warranty, ipod port, handling, looks and cargo space.

Auto door locks, nets on back of front seats. All weather mats instead of carpet.

Good Hyundai Service
By NYC

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Hyundai. I never considered to buy a hyundai before. I bought this car because I could save at least $3000 by not buying Honda. No mechanical problems noted over 5500 miles. I drove this car during snow storm. This car was very reliable and ESC and ABS worked great on the snow and ICE. I drove about 70 miles that day from NYC and New York Upstate. Hyundai service was great and affordable. They charge me $35 for engine oil, oil filter, and 27 safety check. Also $35 for flat tire repair and wheel align. $0 for Tire air balancing. Whenever I visited the service center, they cleaned my car outside for free. Hyundai offers a reasonable price for maintenance.

Blu-Tooth Hands free (Dealer installed), ESC, ABS, Power-Dower Lock, Power window, Power side window adjustment. Power sun-roof. XM(3 month free). Good rear visibility. Large cargo area and fording back seat.) Enough back seat. Trip computer. Ipod port and cable.

Use better OEM tire (Not Kumho). Rough riding quality (It takes 2 month for me to get used to the rough riding.) Add Auto-Rain sensor option. Install the same size tire for spare (17 inches 4 tires and 16 inches one spare tire. Is it make sense??) Add HID option. This car is great so far.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! VW's no more!
By Thetaj

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving Volkswagons, Jettas and Passats to be exact for over 15 years and those cars had so many bugs! My last two VWs were in the shop all the time. I kept seeing everyone driving Hyundai and I keep hearing about these heaven sent warranties, So I walked into a Hyundai dealership and saw my baby!!! I black opal, Elantra Touring... I didnít even test drive it but I knew it was the one! I ran home and got my husband and we test drove it... he rolled his eyes and I fell in love (again, of course). Iíve never had a Bluetooth and I love it! I love the iPod connection, SWEET! I'm really into wagons right now and this one is sexy and functional!

Interior is pretty. Beige, black and silver. Bluetooth, ipod connect, THE PRICE, lots of interior space but not huge. The drive is zippy. I love the blue lights. It's just a cutie of a car.

Middle arm rest could be longer with more space inside. Auto locks on doors could be standard.