2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra Touring model:
Great little car!
By casecalldiva on 10/27/09 14:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We needed a safe & reliable car for a long commute, and this is a great car for that. The back seat is filled with 2 car seats and my kids love putting their juice in the drop-down drink holder, good gas mileage (approx 24mpg for LA city driving), great audio system with XM a must for time spent in the car. The bluetooth is great but its a hassle to have to add everyone into their phonebook for voice dialing. Very peppy engine & you have to watch your speed because you can't even feel how fast you going due to the lightness of the car. Large cargo - easily holds our large double stroller. Great sporty red color; wish lights & door locks were automatic. Totally recommend this car!

Great car!
By Scott Anderson on 10/27/09 05:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I started looking at a Hyundai three years ago but I needed a hatchback and they didn't have one. I bought a Nissan Versa then. Finally Hyundai brought a hatchback back into the lineup and I made the change. Much roomier than the Versa and a much more solid feel. Handles very well. I agree that the ride is not that of a luxury car but four of us took a trip and everyone was comfortable. I am averaging 28MPG. I would love it to be a little better but I can't complain for what I get. Before I bought this I checked out Honda, Scion, Mazda, Toyota and Subaru. This was a better deal than all the others. What you get for what you pay is far ahead of the others. I love it!

worth every penny
By frank wagner on 10/22/09 20:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2010 elantra touring se/manual is a well built car and easy to drive. Plenty of leg room and comfort for front and back passengers. I traded in my Hyundai elantra 2000 gls manual that I had driven for 10 years. It held up remarkably well and I'm sure the touring will do the same. The touring handles the road extremely well and the cloth interior is exceptionally attractive. This car delivers a very smooth ride and is a pleasure to drive on long trips.

I love this car!
By Amy on 10/20/09 13:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car (in chili pepper red!) for only 2 weeks, but I'm in love. It has many of the features you would find in pricier cars, so it's a great value. It handles great and it's a comfortable ride. I previously owned a 2002 Elantra GT and in the nearly 8 years I owned it, I had very little mechanical trouble. It was a nice dependable car, so I am pretty confident in Hyundai's reliability.

New Purchase
By jerseyjohn365 on 10/19/09 08:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Pros: Roomy interior, they have taken a few inches from the back and added additional passenger leg room. Lots of features in the SE AT, sun roof, XM, mp3 stereo w/USB and iPOD jacks, ESC, airbags, etc. Cons: ride is stiffer than the Ford Focus wagon it is replacing. Fuel mileage is not fantastic - just average.

Good Car - Great Buy
By buyer1 on 10/16/09 07:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have never owned a Hyundai before and we are pleasantly surprised. Great commuter car with great gas mileage. Very sporty feeling when driving. Most of all - an incredible amount of room inside - the back seat fits 3 comfortably and the hatchback trunk almost fits as much as out SUV. Very modern gadgets inside from the IPOD connnector, sun roof and great stereo with controls on the steering wheel. Finally a good deal on a good car.

Just what I wanted
By jordan2240 on 10/14/09 09:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just the opposite experience as the previous reviewer. Also have owned the car for only a couple of weeks now, but find the ride to be very smooth and the seating position very comfortable. Given it's the GLS version, there aren't many bells and whistles, but it has all I need. My previous vehicle was a 2002 Subaru Outback (I also loved) that I turned over to my son when his vehicle died. I wanted something smaller but still roomy and a hatchback. The Touring was the perfect choice (100lb lab fits fine in very back). Great safety features, and I love buzzing around in it. Love XM radio too. Got 29mpg driving mostly around town. Not too shabby. Headlights could be better.

Love at First Sight
By Jim Maloney on 10/07/09 16:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I drove a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe for 3 years and fell in love with Hyundai quality and service but I needed a more fuel efficient smaller car. Since I carry items on a regular basis I needed a hathback or wagon. The 2010 Elantra Touring filled the bill. I was skeptical about the horsepower but this car really moves. I had 2002 and 2005 BMW 3 series and they have nothing over this car. Solidly built (no noise going over train tracks) and corners great. Looks great and has a great warranty. I call it a win win win deal!

Don't buy this car
By mvermil on 09/29/09 18:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for only a couple weeks and am in the process of returning it. The ride is extremely rough, to the point that it is physically jarring to the driver. The seats are very uncomfortable, and the steering wheel is at an odd angle (slightly to the left) rather than being straight on to the driver, which, coupled with the rough ride, has caused lower back problems for me (I've never had back problems before).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring in VA is:

$132 per month*