2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring Consumer Reviews 6

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Great little car!
By casecalldiva

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We needed a safe & reliable car for a long commute, and this is a great car for that. The back seat is filled with 2 car seats and my kids love putting their juice in the drop-down drink holder, good gas mileage (approx 24mpg for LA city driving), great audio system with XM a must for time spent in the car. The bluetooth is great but its a hassle to have to add everyone into their phonebook for voice dialing. Very peppy engine & you have to watch your speed because you can't even feel how fast you going due to the lightness of the car. Large cargo - easily holds our large double stroller. Great sporty red color; wish lights & door locks were automatic. Totally recommend this car!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth phone system, built-in XM radio, Ipod connector, roomy interior, large cargo area, zippy engine.

Suggested Improvements

Different color backlight; larger center console, automatic doorlocks.

Great car!
By Scott Anderson

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I started looking at a Hyundai three years ago but I needed a hatchback and they didn't have one. I bought a Nissan Versa then. Finally Hyundai brought a hatchback back into the lineup and I made the change. Much roomier than the Versa and a much more solid feel. Handles very well. I agree that the ride is not that of a luxury car but four of us took a trip and everyone was comfortable. I am averaging 28MPG. I would love it to be a little better but I can't complain for what I get. Before I bought this I checked out Honda, Scion, Mazda, Toyota and Subaru. This was a better deal than all the others. What you get for what you pay is far ahead of the others. I love it!

Favorite Features

How solid the car feels. Tight steering. The incredible amount of storage space.

Suggested Improvements

A power outlet in the center console. Cup holders in the back doors.

worth every penny
By frank wagner

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2010 elantra touring se/manual is a well built car and easy to drive. Plenty of leg room and comfort for front and back passengers. I traded in my Hyundai elantra 2000 gls manual that I had driven for 10 years. It held up remarkably well and I'm sure the touring will do the same. The touring handles the road extremely well and the cloth interior is exceptionally attractive. This car delivers a very smooth ride and is a pleasure to drive on long trips.

Favorite Features

great visibility, easy adjustable steering wheel and an awesome amount of cargo space when the rear seats are folded down. easy to read controls and a very powerful a/c.

Suggested Improvements

The audio system sound could be improved upon a bit with better radio reception.

I love this car!
By Amy

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car (in chili pepper red!) for only 2 weeks, but I'm in love. It has many of the features you would find in pricier cars, so it's a great value. It handles great and it's a comfortable ride. I previously owned a 2002 Elantra GT and in the nearly 8 years I owned it, I had very little mechanical trouble. It was a nice dependable car, so I am pretty confident in Hyundai's reliability.

Favorite Features

USB port Heated seats Tight handling

Suggested Improvements

None

New Purchase
By jerseyjohn365

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Pros: Roomy interior, they have taken a few inches from the back and added additional passenger leg room. Lots of features in the SE AT, sun roof, XM, mp3 stereo w/USB and iPOD jacks, ESC, airbags, etc. Cons: ride is stiffer than the Ford Focus wagon it is replacing. Fuel mileage is not fantastic - just average.

Favorite Features

Hatchback design, well placed controls, sunroof, ESC.

Suggested Improvements

CVT for added gas mileage.

Good Car - Great Buy
By buyer1

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have never owned a Hyundai before and we are pleasantly surprised. Great commuter car with great gas mileage. Very sporty feeling when driving. Most of all - an incredible amount of room inside - the back seat fits 3 comfortably and the hatchback trunk almost fits as much as out SUV. Very modern gadgets inside from the IPOD connnector, sun roof and great stereo with controls on the steering wheel. Finally a good deal on a good car.

Favorite Features

Seating and leg room

Just what I wanted
By jordan2240

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just the opposite experience as the previous reviewer. Also have owned the car for only a couple of weeks now, but find the ride to be very smooth and the seating position very comfortable. Given it's the GLS version, there aren't many bells and whistles, but it has all I need. My previous vehicle was a 2002 Subaru Outback (I also loved) that I turned over to my son when his vehicle died. I wanted something smaller but still roomy and a hatchback. The Touring was the perfect choice (100lb lab fits fine in very back). Great safety features, and I love buzzing around in it. Love XM radio too. Got 29mpg driving mostly around town. Not too shabby. Headlights could be better.

Favorite Features

Ride, stereo, placement of controls, size, roominess, storage compartments, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Headlights (low beam), Styling could be a bit nicer (Mazda 3 and Matrix are a bit cooler-looking)

Love at First Sight
By Jim Maloney

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I drove a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe for 3 years and fell in love with Hyundai quality and service but I needed a more fuel efficient smaller car. Since I carry items on a regular basis I needed a hathback or wagon. The 2010 Elantra Touring filled the bill. I was skeptical about the horsepower but this car really moves. I had 2002 and 2005 BMW 3 series and they have nothing over this car. Solidly built (no noise going over train tracks) and corners great. Looks great and has a great warranty. I call it a win win win deal!

Favorite Features

Looks and options

Suggested Improvements

None

Don't buy this car
By mvermil

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for only a couple weeks and am in the process of returning it. The ride is extremely rough, to the point that it is physically jarring to the driver. The seats are very uncomfortable, and the steering wheel is at an odd angle (slightly to the left) rather than being straight on to the driver, which, coupled with the rough ride, has caused lower back problems for me (I've never had back problems before).

Favorite Features

It does have a peppy ride. It almost has the same get-up-and-go of the Saturn V6 sedan I drove before buying this car. Great stereo.

Suggested Improvements

This would be an amazing car if they put a suspension in it that actually worked and redesigned the seats and angle of the steering column.