2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra Touring model:
I like it!
By TG on 12/29/09 21:16 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Looked at vw sportswagen, mazda3 and civic. Sportswagen was several thousand more and for what exactly? Civic had not enough space. Drove Mazda3 hatch and touring back to back several times (once in the rain) ultimately no contest -materials/space/dash layout were superior to the mazda3 (IMO). And I own a Mazda5! The ET has a very slightly softer ride but its a good thing! OTD for less than 20K. I do not find road noise or engine noise to be noticeable. It's relative to what you are used too and not the over-riding factor in this purchase. There really isn't anything on the market to compare. Looks better in my garage than in pics online! Hoping it holds up over time like my CRV.

Great Buy!
By Chris on 12/24/09 15:29 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I researched and test drove all the foreign compacts like Corralla , Sentra, Forte, Civic, etc.. Never gave Hyundia a thought until one night after test driving a Chevy I went was taking a short cut through the next door parking lot which was Hyundia. I sat in the Elantra and immediately knew this was the car, it feels and drives great. I've got 3,000 miles on it so far and averaging 30-32mpg. It has good cargo and leg space. I highly recommend this car. It should be priced higher, probably shouldn't have mentioned that, but I already got mine!

Best car for family with baby
By Schnur on 12/14/09 22:14 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car about two months ago, 2300 miles now. Handling and breaking are great even on the wet or icy road. Acceleration also great. Comfortable back seats. I think this car is the most cost efficient car for the family with babies. MPG was 27.4- 28.4 MPG for daily use combined city and highway. 3 months free XM was great but you need to pay after 3 months, about $15/month. Sound system also great. Quiet riding on highway even over 65 MPH.

Best car for family
By bettercar on 12/13/09 20:21 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I drove my Elantra Touring about 2 month, 2300 miles. So far, I enjoyed driving this car. Handling and breaking works great on rainy days and snowy days. Quiet riding on highway even over 65 mph. Great Rear visibility. One bad point is rough riding quality. I paid $18 grands for it. I think this is a best car for a couple or family.

Rough Two Months
By Rochester on 12/13/09 12:03 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a Mazda Protege 5 at a similar price and it had very good handling without the noise and harsh ride of this car. It has the harsh ride of a all out sports car with none of the fun power.

Another Sleeper from Hyundai!!!!
By Russ on 12/09/09 17:08 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Hyundai, and our most impressive Hyundai so far. The perfect little Euro-Style hauler for my wife and I, with just enough room for our dog in the back. I love the way it drives and handles, and for the price I don't think you'll find a more feature packed ride. AC, Power Windows and Doors, ESC, Traction Control, ABS, Tire Pressure Monitor, XM Radio, MP3/IPOD plug-in on a base model GLS? It even tells me the outside temperature! Try getting that in any other vehicle! I used Edmunds.com TMV and competing dealership quotes to purchase for $1900 UNDER the invoice price. Best car buying experience of my life. Thanks Edmunds!

Best Value in a Hatchback Anywhere!
By 57redleg on 12/07/09 19:06 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Needed to move on to a new vehicle and pass my 2001 Civic to my son. Checked the Impreza, Fit, Forte, Elantra sedan and just about everything else. The Elantra Touring had the best value to feature set of all by far. The interior is fantastic from the comfortable seats, to the beautiful dash to the incredibly large back seat and cargo area. The included iPod connection, and overall layout is great. ESC and TCS works great so far, but once the Wisconsin snow starts falling I'll know for sure. The ET has more than enough power, though the engine noise is noticeable when accelerating to road speed. I do miss the 40 mpg I got with my old Civic; averaging 29mpg in 70% highway driving

Nice Car, but Should Get Better Mileage
By Tim on 12/03/09 09:55 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this car in Nov. 2009, and we have put a little over 500 miles on it. Spent 2 months car-shopping at the worst possible time: right after Cash-For-Clunkers, when the dealership lots are empty! We were attracted to the wagon-style, which is a style that is NOT popular in America. The other 2 cars we were considering was the VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI and the Honda Fit. Still in its break-in period, so don't really know about its mileage yet, but its EPA is 23 city, 30 highway (which should be better). Handling is great - we don't mind that it has a somewhat stiff ride. The SE has a lot of features that others in its class leave out: XM radio, heated seats & outside mirrors, etc.

Based on several test drives
By mickeyrom on 11/22/09 16:55 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The model I am waiting for is the ES manual with the beige interior.That is why I am still waiting. Nice interior,looks pretty nice on the outside,lots of punch with a 5 speed,not so much with the auto. It really stands out in the non hybrid hatch- back field.Big difference between the GLS and the SE,such as no cruise control on a manual GLS,plus plastic hubcaps,Bleeech...My evaluation is based on the SE model.

Great Price Value
By Ed on 10/29/09 08:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have owned 5 Toyotas and 2 Hondas, Hyundai beats both on price for features. Several consumer publications state the reliability is on par to Toyota and Honda. Replaced an 02 Corolla with 157,000 miles with Elantra Touring. Potential buyers should note the Touring is based on a Hyundai i30 sold in Germany, not the Elantra sedan sold in US. The ride is firmer and the steering tighter. The Touring feels more like a Civic than a Corolla. Got a great deal and service from Hyundai of St. Augustine, FL. No typical car dealer tactics.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring in VA is:

$136 per month*