Used 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Elantra Touring model:

Good Value
By Chuck

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car in Jan 2010 to replace a 1997 Escort Wagon. Overall, I'm satisfied with the value ($16k). There were a few things that took a little getting used to vs the Escort. For me, the over the left shoulder blind spot of the frame behind the driver windows is in a really bad spot. In moderate traffic I have to bob my head and look several times before I change lanes left. I highway drive usually at off hours, so I probably average 70 mph. I figure I'm getting about 25 mpg vs around 30 for the Escort, but the Hyundai is heavier. The window ledge is higher, for arm hanging purposes. Steering is tight, the car's gonna go right where you're looking, so keep your eyes on the road.

Sound system is great. Roomy. I love the left foot rest.

My most common highway merge is on a grade and I one time I punched the accelerator pretty good and got up to about 5,000 RPM before I looked at the tach. That ain't good.

Value, utility and fun
By hyundaivirgin

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has everything we needed and wanted: big on the inside with more cargo space than small SUVs we were looking at like the CX-7 or Tucson, small on the outside and very maneuverable into tight parking spaces and our garage, very good fuel economy for the size, great German styling, a well designed interior, lots of safety features like side airbags and ECS and ABS as standard, and a low sticker price. This car is sold as the i30cw and got the highest crash ratings, include side, from the UK and Australian testing agencies. Note the American NHTSA ratings were copied (inappropriately) from the Elantra sedan, with which this car shares none of its design.

Exterior design Interior materials Cargo space Ipod connector Tight steering Fuel economy Safety features

Get rid of the Elantra fictitious name Add a 5th gear in the automatic More exterior metallic color options Produce more cars with beige interior

Unbeatable bargain
By hyundaivirgin

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is an amazing car. Small on the outside, very big on the inside, lots of ergonomic and useful small touches like the simple climate controls and abundant storage options in front and in the cargo area. Mileage easily beats EPA estimates. Got 36 mpg on the freeway on my second trip. Fit and finish and design is top-notch. Parked next to an Audi A4 Avant and could see the car was bigger inside (about the same length in the passenger and cargo areas and much taller). So it's not an Audi but it's half the price. Compared to our 2007 Accord, it is superior in space, comfort, looks, driving dynamics, fuel efficiency, and price. A no-brainer.

Huge passenger and cargo space. Great fuel efficiency. Balanced steering, between Mazda and Honda in tightness. Advanced stereo system. Very nice styling. Height-adjustable seat and tilt/telescoping steering wheel in Preferred Package.

5th gear on the automatic. Keyless ignition. Leather steering wheel as an option for the GLS trim. This is not some freebie dream list but what I would have been willing to pay a bit more for.

Amazing Value
By Daniel Wagner

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've driven my new car about 1,250 miles & love it. It's comfortable, handles well & is fun to drive (and I'd been driving a MINI Clubman). Its brakes are excellent; its headlights are better than the MINI's; the controls are easy to operate. On the downside, you really feel road bumps (which I expected), the engine is a bit coarse (no surprise either), and the sunroof whistles loudly when fully open at 40 mph and above. But at a price of $19k+, w/ a lot of room, reputation for reliability & standard features, the competition can't come close: integrated iPod, XM radio, heated seats & mirrors, sunroof, fog lights, trip computer. You'll need to add Bluetooth, however, as a dealer option.

Mixed chrome & matte finish alloy wheels; lots of interior hidden storage; auto off headlights; EZ Pass works from hidden storage compartment; exterior and interior styling -- tiny lights at corners of rear bumper -- from the front, the car looks modern, from rear, it looks retro; lumbar support.

Daytime run. lights; standard Bluetooth; 5 spd. auto trans.; leather seat, auto climate control/headlights & push button entry/start options; better gas gauge/trip computer (gauge & computer say you're very close to empty, but car only takes 11.8 to 12.2 gallons (w/ 14 gal. tank) & only went 315 mi.

Great car
By JK

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car! It rides well, fits all of my stuff, bikes, painting canvas etc and looks great. On the highway, it really cruises and in the city, short stops have felt seamless. For the money, I would (and did) pick this car over all others in its class.

Price, safety features, cargo room, XM radio

Acceleration is a little slow.