2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra Touring model:
Unique package
By dmoss on 02/16/10 03:48 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent value at this price point. GLS with 15 inch tires has smoother ride than SE or 2009 model. Has also performed well in mid-atlantic snow storms to date. With the 5-speed, engine has good juice in 4th and 5th gears - especially when RPMs get up to 3,500 to 4,000. At lower speeds, especially in stop and go traffic, clutch is a little touchy. Brakes are very good, smooth but ready for a sharp stop if needed. Handling takes a while to get used to, mostly due to steering feel (electric power steering), but it's actually very sensitive and responsive (maybe a little too much so). Fuel economy ranges between 27 to 32 depending on city/highway mix.

2010 Elantra Touring
By JIMMY on 02/12/10 13:09 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased in late January. very roomy and comfortable...solid feel, almost like a small SUV....great on gas.

Very Impressed!!
By Mark on 01/30/10 13:42 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Love this car and so far everything is surprisingly great! Was skeptical about the Hyundai brand but after checking the JD Powers rankings and other research and the test drive I was sold. Was also comparing the Rav 4 from Toyota and the Honda CRV, cant beat the warranty and I do believe Hyundai reliability and quality have surpassed both. Averaging about 27 mpg in mixed driving and still breaking in the engine. European flair is excellent on both the inside and out and the feel of the ride. I plan on keeping this one in the family for a long time!!!!!

If it were a woman...I'd marry it!!!
By George on 01/27/10 09:52 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Every morning I wake up, I still can't get over the fact I bought so much car for so little money. It's super comfortable and quiet on the road. The interior is truly top notch in terms of quality and lay out. The braking, steering, and acceleration are great. I'm averaging 32mpg with 60% hwy and 40% very heavy city driving. I also test drove a Honda Fit which was a joke in comparison to this.

yielded to peer pressure
By ani on 01/26/10 15:44 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When I realized it was time to retire my 2001 pontiac grand prix, I decided to listen to my family and try out a hyundai (my husband owns a tuscon, my son a sonata, my d-i-l a santa fe). When I walked into the showroom, I saw a chili pepper red hyundai elantra touring, sat in it,(it's as wide as my old pontiac) and decided to check it out on edmunds. Ended up at another dealership where a test drive sold me. My first new car in 30 years is comfortable, peppy, really good looking, fun to drive-and I think it gets pretty good mileage but I need a little more time to make sure. Love this car-and there's plenty of room for my keeshond to sprawl out on the back seat.

nice -except ROUGH RIDE
By tom on 01/24/10 20:53 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car @4 mos. Has @1000 miles. It is my second Hyundai (currently have a 07 Sonata bought new also) Overall I like this car for the $ and features. I really am disappointed in the rough ride. On city streets you feel every crack and manhole cover. On concrete roads it is noisy and rough. It has premium wheels and low profile tires. Going back to shop to see if tire change will make a difference.

great car!
By Les on 01/23/10 10:45 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a fun car to drive. Lots of pickup, great maneuverability. We have a 2004 Santa Fe that has 120,000 miles and still runs great. Our Elantra Touring actually has a bit more interior room than the Santa Fe. Suspension is a bit stiff. Good gas mileage 26 mpg. Sound system is great.

Very Strong Design
By Chris on 01/20/10 20:00 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a V6 Sonata and MPG already has improved from 18 to 26 in mostly urban driving. I drove both the automatic and the 5 speed and there really is no comparison -- if you can drive stick go for it, it's a much better experience. The utility of the car is amazing with tons of space, seating for 4 reasonable sized adults, and respectable mileage (though could always be better!). Truly a good compromise if you need an SUV but believe that gas prices will just continue to increase faster than your pay. BTW, it is a European design so the ride is intended to be tight vs. cushion-y. It is more like a Jetta than a Buick so be aware. Altogether a well designed and reasonably priced car!

Worst snow car ever
By Steve B on 01/07/10 07:37 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Purchase experience was great, overall it's a good car, but... Without exception this is the worst snow car I've ever owned or driven, including rear wheel drive sports cars. A combination of light weight, touchy brakes, and ice-skates for OEM tires makes it unmanageable even with just a skim of snow on the roads. Hills and snow would be impossible, and definitely not safe to drive. If you live in a snowy area, prepare to replace the original tires before winter. If not for this I would have rated performance and fun to drive much higher.

A great car!
By Eddie on 12/30/09 08:43 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We replaced a Honda Oddessy with the Hyundai Elantra Touring. It is far more pleasurable to drive than the Honda was and much quieter on the turnpike. It handles great, very smooth on the turnpike. Feels like a much bigger car than it is. Excellent visibility. The headlights (particularly high beams) are superb. Excellent brakes. The car has plenty of power and it is no problem to keep up with traffic on the expressways. The Hyundai warranty for 5 yrs/60 K miles is a big selling feature of this car. I am averaging 26.5 mpg mostly on Orlando's traffic clogged streets. Great sound system and love being able to just plug in a flash drive with my CD's on it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring in VA is:

$132 per month*