2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra Touring model:
Diamond in the Rough
By Tim Jones on 04/28/10 16:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Wow! Look out Toyota and Honda. If you are considering a corolla or a civic I would recommend you stop by a Hyundai dealership and test drive the Elantra Touring. Excellent build,features and overall design. This vehicle is a european Hyundai with german design. Ride is excellent and the ESC, traction control, six airbags and 4 wheel anti-lock disc brakes are standard. Add the 5 year, 60,000 mile warranty and you can see why Hyundai recently outperformed Toyota in customer satisfation. This vehicle is well thought out. This is my first Hyundai and previously drove a Volvo S80. Volvo may want to look in there rearview mirror. Hyundai is right behind them.

Great utility and performance
By Matt on 04/11/10 08:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've logged about 7,000 miles on my Touring, and I've got nothing but praise for it. The cargo area allows me to comfortably transport two dogs (one large, the other medium sized). Despite the abundant cargo space, the car still feels small and handles like the sport-tuned compact hatch it is. Build quality is very tight just like the past two Hyundai's I've owned. Acceleration is surprisingly satisfactory with the MT given the engine's horsepower rating and aged design. The best part of the deal is that I am getting consistently above the published mileage ratings. With the cruise control set at 70mph I push 33.5-34 mpg on an 1.5 hour trip, and at 76mpg I get 32-32.5mpg. Great car!

Mr. Hyde of the Elantra Family
By "Ron" on 04/07/10 21:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for nearly two weeks and love it. I dumped my Toyota Tacoma in search of better fuel economy, better driving dynamics, and interior room. The Elantra Touring delivers on all three fronts. While not as good as my wife's Civic, the Hyundai is delivering decent fuel economy. My worst tank was still over 27 mpg of mostly city driving. Don't believe the mpg gauge, it is wrong. My SE 5 speed is a blast to drive. It handles on rails and steers very quickly. Ride is firm, but not jarring. You have to expect this with 17" low pro tires. Interior space is class leading and I have no issues with head/leg/thigh room and I am a big dude! Trips to Home Depot should be no problem .

Another good choice from Hyundai
By lmarcanov on 03/13/10 20:29 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Vivid blue with those wheels!! a combination that our friends really like. I bougth this car for my wife based on my personal experience with a 2001 Elantra and a 2006 Sonata. Engine has a good response, little bit noisy on acelaration but not a cheap noise, just breathing hard, almost the same that my old E 01! Automatic is smoother and I do recommend this option if you have little kids. Rear space is really good but you'll need the net to keep your load in place. Suspension is a little bit hard but remember when yo ask for 17 wheels 215/45 that's the normal feeling. Steering, is electric and feels little bit different than conventional on the HWY, you will love it at the parking lot.

Great Car
By cerar627 on 03/02/10 06:04 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had this car a few days, but I am very impressed. My dad recommended it as a bigger option for my family which I was a skeptic of the "wagon" at first. After test driving and taking it home, I am hooked. It looks a lot better in person than in pictures. The ride is rougher than regular sedans, but not bad. CD/Radio/XM system is great and the layout overall is fantastic.

Surprised by how much I like it.
By mom22kids on 03/01/10 12:12 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car during Cash for Clunkers, and my goal was to buy the least expensive car that would meet our immediate needs. This car fit that bill. I am really surprised at how much I like it--the hatchback makes a huge difference for getting things (strollers) in/out. We bought the SE b/c of the bigger tires to make the ride a bit more smooth and b/c the moon roof made things feel cramped. Great vehicle for hauling kids and their gear. A bit loud, but for this price what do you expect?

Happy Hatchback
By Brian on 02/23/10 19:08 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Having driven my Touring for 6 weeks, I am impressed with the fit and finish of the vehicle. I am averaging 30mi on HWY and 27 in town. There a lot of user friendly pockets, there's plenty of head and leg room and I am a 6'2" tall. It may not have the most zip of a car but I am all about getting there safe and its safety really suprized me. Breaking is good and traction control has worked on snowy roads.

Surprised!
By Race on 02/23/10 17:00 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was very surprised by this car, was compared to RAV4 and CRV but after the test drive and price I was sold. I did not need all the bells and whistles as this car has enough already and it is all standard. Drives and handles great and Hyundai quality as of late and the warranty cant be beat. Do your research and find out for yourself! I am extremely happy and feel I made a great choice in buying the Elantra Touring. I do not see too many on the road and always get asked and get looks while driving..........26 to 27 mpg in mixed driving and still breaking in the engine.....

Good Hyundai Service
By NYC on 02/23/10 10:50 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Hyundai. I never considered to buy a hyundai before. I bought this car because I could save at least $3000 by not buying Honda. No mechanical problems noted over 5500 miles. I drove this car during snow storm. This car was very reliable and ESC and ABS worked great on the snow and ICE. I drove about 70 miles that day from NYC and New York Upstate. Hyundai service was great and affordable. They charge me $35 for engine oil, oil filter, and 27 safety check. Also $35 for flat tire repair and wheel align. $0 for Tire air balancing. Whenever I visited the service center, they cleaned my car outside for free. Hyundai offers a reasonable price for maintenance.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! VW's no more!
By Thetaj on 02/23/10 10:37 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving Volkswagons, Jettas and Passats to be exact for over 15 years and those cars had so many bugs! My last two VWs were in the shop all the time. I kept seeing everyone driving Hyundai and I keep hearing about these heaven sent warranties, So I walked into a Hyundai dealership and saw my baby!!! I black opal, Elantra Touring... I didnít even test drive it but I knew it was the one! I ran home and got my husband and we test drove it... he rolled his eyes and I fell in love (again, of course). Iíve never had a Bluetooth and I love it! I love the iPod connection, SWEET! I'm really into wagons right now and this one is sexy and functional!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring in VA is:

$132 per month*