Used 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Elantra-touring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra Touring model:

"Well Sorted" Red SE 5 speed
By Fred

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A really fine car - great driving dynamics. Superior design, finish, and assembly using average materials to control cost. Very obviously well engineered - check the engine well layout. Zero rattles/extraneous noise in my car. Comments on issues others have mentioned: "dead steering" - not really, just sort of a "notch" at top dead center which helps give this car great tracking at speed on the highway - on 2 lane twisties, not an issue rough ride: firm suspension, beefy roll bars, and 45 profile tires do not give you a Bentley - get the GLS or get the SE and replace the 17" rims with 16" or 15" (I am considering this - but the cornering sure is fun as is) ugly: no - just restrained..

Favorite Features

Clutch/b&m shifter offer feel as good as any . Really roomy. No buffeting from sunroof. Very low wind/road noise altogether. Modest total power but engine revs willingly and pulls well from low revs 30 mpg in mixed suburban driving and improving - computer and "by hand" closely agree.

Suggested Improvements

Wish I could have bought the European 1.6 cdi - or could use a 6th gear. The 2.0 has enough grunt to drop back 500 rpm on the highway ... what a car this would be with longer legs The ET one does more things well than most If the long term quality is as good as I hope, this will be a fine car to own

Fun car to drive, easy to park
By mike

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in a Suburban, this car is fun to drive, somewhat noisy, so far we had 3k miles, my daughter like is very much (she is 3yrs old. my first brand new car, we have a 2001 Saab 95 that is not as noisy as this.

Favorite Features

large interior good mileage lots of storage space

Suggested Improvements

stronger body parts, cheap plastic, similar to Toyota, Kia or Honda. price wise too expensive

Love it!
By Christina

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am in love with this car! I was actually in the market for a new Santa Fe, but I wanted to keep my payment low. As an alternative (I have two big dogs so I needed a car that would suit them comfortably), the touring is perfect for my needs. Lots of interior space, especially with the back seats down. The car is sporty and fun to drive, economical (so far, I'm averaging 25 mpg) and has nice eye appeal. I chose the chili pepper red (my first red car!) with the tan/taupe interior: really nice combo. The bluetooth and XM/Sirius system is great. Excellent safety features, unbeatable price, and a quiet ride. I would highly recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

Love all of the storage compartments. The refrigerated glove box is awesome. Dash instrumentation is nicely laid out with thoughtful ergonomic design and calming, ambient blue lighting.

Suggested Improvements

The car is a bit slow to pick up speed, but I really don't consider this much of a negative. It zips around wonderfully, is responsive, and offers a smooth ride. I really don't have any complaints at all.

Good Value
By Chuck

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car in Jan 2010 to replace a 1997 Escort Wagon. Overall, I'm satisfied with the value ($16k). There were a few things that took a little getting used to vs the Escort. For me, the over the left shoulder blind spot of the frame behind the driver windows is in a really bad spot. In moderate traffic I have to bob my head and look several times before I change lanes left. I highway drive usually at off hours, so I probably average 70 mph. I figure I'm getting about 25 mpg vs around 30 for the Escort, but the Hyundai is heavier. The window ledge is higher, for arm hanging purposes. Steering is tight, the car's gonna go right where you're looking, so keep your eyes on the road.

Favorite Features

Sound system is great. Roomy. I love the left foot rest.

Suggested Improvements

My most common highway merge is on a grade and I one time I punched the accelerator pretty good and got up to about 5,000 RPM before I looked at the tach. That ain't good.

Value, utility and fun
By hyundaivirgin

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has everything we needed and wanted: big on the inside with more cargo space than small SUVs we were looking at like the CX-7 or Tucson, small on the outside and very maneuverable into tight parking spaces and our garage, very good fuel economy for the size, great German styling, a well designed interior, lots of safety features like side airbags and ECS and ABS as standard, and a low sticker price. This car is sold as the i30cw and got the highest crash ratings, include side, from the UK and Australian testing agencies. Note the American NHTSA ratings were copied (inappropriately) from the Elantra sedan, with which this car shares none of its design.

Favorite Features

Exterior design Interior materials Cargo space Ipod connector Tight steering Fuel economy Safety features

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the Elantra fictitious name Add a 5th gear in the automatic More exterior metallic color options Produce more cars with beige interior