Used 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Elantra Touring model:

Oops
By Tom

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Thought this would be an economical 2nd car since Hyundai touts 35 mpg. I use car on hwy and rural roads no city driving and I am averaging 24 to 25 mpg. My V6 AWD RAV 268 hp gets 22 to 23 mpg with same driving. The car definitely is lacking power and is very noisy when trying to get it going. I believe the 17" rims make this car ride hard. Wrong choice for me.

Blue tooth, interior space, comfort

Increase power and fuel economy. Possible 5 spd auto trans might help. Change tire rim configuration to improve ride. Blue dash light on radio to intense no way of dimming for night driving but you can blank out that area. Carpet area is lacking.

What a gem!
By Kalun47

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had considered the '09 Outback and Honda FIT before i eventually came upon the ET SE A/T. The legroom for the backseat is amazing, and the cargo room is unmatched when the seats are folded down. As far as safety features go, the ET is top-notch. It was airbags all around, ABS, ESC, and maximum braking when the pedal is suddenly depressed. The Honda FIT is roughly the same price, and doesn't come with ESC. This car has more passenger room than some of the compact and midsized SUVs on the market. The suspension is spring quite hard, so you can feel every imperfection on the road.

I love the layout of the information on the radio display. All the information is right there, and you don't have to scroll or press next to get the rest of it. The instrument cluster is clean and efficient, and the blue back light is definitely a crowd pleaser.

Leather should have been an option on the '10 model. The interior is very easy to scuff. The car could definitely use a few more horsepower, and the transmission should be a 5 or 6 speed.

Good car but
By CarLover

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I considered Civic, Legacy, and Elantra Touring (ET). I bought ET because I wanted to save money. Fuel Economy was okay, 26.6 MPG combined driving city and highway. As you know, new sonata 2011 can save more gas. I found that door lock was not working sometimes. After restart Engine, the door lock works fine. I changed 2 rims and 2 tires. The one original rim costed me $360 and the original tire cost me $168. Use tirerack.com, not Hyundai Dealer service. I think the original rim and tire is too weak. The good thing was no power train problems so far.

Bluetooth (Dealer installed) XM (3 months free, then $9 or $13/month) Heated front seats.

Make stronger rim. Use Bridge stone or better one for oem tires, not Kumho. The kumho tire was the worst tire I have ever used. Is that make sense to provide 15 in spare tire even though others are 17in. The spare tire recommend to drive less than 50 mi/hour. What can I do at the highway?

Fun Little Wagon
By Budget Mike

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We recently traded our Sonata (2010) for this Elantra Touring. The Sonata was (and is) a great car, but we wanted more rearward visibility and less bulk. This car fills the bill, and adds a fun/sporty factor along with it. So far, we have really enjoyed the car and look forward to a lot of pleasant miles together.

Styling, seat firmness, outward visibility.

A few more ponies under the hood would be welcome. The brakes are very touchy, so tone down the assist. The gas pedal requires a firm push to move it down, so lighten up on that, please.

Excellent value
By John

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first new car purchase - I've had it for about two months now and am loving it. Averaging 35 mpg mixed driving. I'm 6'3" and have plenty of head and leg room. Love the blue color. Overall, I'd say it's a great value at about $19.8k OTD.

Design, nice sound system, storage space, dash lighting, handling, price.

Rear visibility is poor, button on key fob to open hatch, beige interior for more colors, auto-headlights.