2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra Touring model:
"Well Sorted" Red SE 5 speed
By Fred on 07/13/10 18:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A really fine car - great driving dynamics. Superior design, finish, and assembly using average materials to control cost. Very obviously well engineered - check the engine well layout. Zero rattles/extraneous noise in my car. Comments on issues others have mentioned: "dead steering" - not really, just sort of a "notch" at top dead center which helps give this car great tracking at speed on the highway - on 2 lane twisties, not an issue rough ride: firm suspension, beefy roll bars, and 45 profile tires do not give you a Bentley - get the GLS or get the SE and replace the 17" rims with 16" or 15" (I am considering this - but the cornering sure is fun as is) ugly: no - just restrained..

Fun car to drive, easy to park
By mike on 07/09/10 21:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in a Suburban, this car is fun to drive, somewhat noisy, so far we had 3k miles, my daughter like is very much (she is 3yrs old. my first brand new car, we have a 2001 Saab 95 that is not as noisy as this.

Love it!
By Christina on 07/02/10 07:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am in love with this car! I was actually in the market for a new Santa Fe, but I wanted to keep my payment low. As an alternative (I have two big dogs so I needed a car that would suit them comfortably), the touring is perfect for my needs. Lots of interior space, especially with the back seats down. The car is sporty and fun to drive, economical (so far, I'm averaging 25 mpg) and has nice eye appeal. I chose the chili pepper red (my first red car!) with the tan/taupe interior: really nice combo. The bluetooth and XM/Sirius system is great. Excellent safety features, unbeatable price, and a quiet ride. I would highly recommend this car to anyone.

Good Value
By Chuck on 06/26/10 08:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car in Jan 2010 to replace a 1997 Escort Wagon. Overall, I'm satisfied with the value ($16k). There were a few things that took a little getting used to vs the Escort. For me, the over the left shoulder blind spot of the frame behind the driver windows is in a really bad spot. In moderate traffic I have to bob my head and look several times before I change lanes left. I highway drive usually at off hours, so I probably average 70 mph. I figure I'm getting about 25 mpg vs around 30 for the Escort, but the Hyundai is heavier. The window ledge is higher, for arm hanging purposes. Steering is tight, the car's gonna go right where you're looking, so keep your eyes on the road.

Value, utility and fun
By hyundaivirgin on 06/21/10 13:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has everything we needed and wanted: big on the inside with more cargo space than small SUVs we were looking at like the CX-7 or Tucson, small on the outside and very maneuverable into tight parking spaces and our garage, very good fuel economy for the size, great German styling, a well designed interior, lots of safety features like side airbags and ECS and ABS as standard, and a low sticker price. This car is sold as the i30cw and got the highest crash ratings, include side, from the UK and Australian testing agencies. Note the American NHTSA ratings were copied (inappropriately) from the Elantra sedan, with which this car shares none of its design.

Unbeatable bargain
By hyundaivirgin on 06/10/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is an amazing car. Small on the outside, very big on the inside, lots of ergonomic and useful small touches like the simple climate controls and abundant storage options in front and in the cargo area. Mileage easily beats EPA estimates. Got 36 mpg on the freeway on my second trip. Fit and finish and design is top-notch. Parked next to an Audi A4 Avant and could see the car was bigger inside (about the same length in the passenger and cargo areas and much taller). So it's not an Audi but it's half the price. Compared to our 2007 Accord, it is superior in space, comfort, looks, driving dynamics, fuel efficiency, and price. A no-brainer.

Amazing Value
By Daniel Wagner on 06/02/10 07:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've driven my new car about 1,250 miles & love it. It's comfortable, handles well & is fun to drive (and I'd been driving a MINI Clubman). Its brakes are excellent; its headlights are better than the MINI's; the controls are easy to operate. On the downside, you really feel road bumps (which I expected), the engine is a bit coarse (no surprise either), and the sunroof whistles loudly when fully open at 40 mph and above. But at a price of $19k+, w/ a lot of room, reputation for reliability & standard features, the competition can't come close: integrated iPod, XM radio, heated seats & mirrors, sunroof, fog lights, trip computer. You'll need to add Bluetooth, however, as a dealer option.

Great car
By JK on 05/16/10 07:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car! It rides well, fits all of my stuff, bikes, painting canvas etc and looks great. On the highway, it really cruises and in the city, short stops have felt seamless. For the money, I would (and did) pick this car over all others in its class.

Makes me car sick
By Car sick on 05/09/10 21:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drove a 2000 Elantra wagon for the last 10yrs. I loved it so I purchased a 2010 touring. This time I got 5sp Manual GSL to save $1200 on purchase price and to get better gas mileage and performace. Paid $15000 vs $11700 ten yrs earlier. I since added Rosta after market cruise $400 and trailer hitch $100. Heated seats cost $250 each aftermarket. Whats better with my new car. Faster, Handeling, brakes,radio,headroom,gas mileage, power door locks on key fob, storage areas. Whats worse, stiff ride,jerkiness of manual shifting vs automatic,tires, no lumbar support. Both cars dent too easily. I love the rear loading area. I call it my covered pickup truck. Getting use to firm ride. Fun to drive

I hope Consumer Reports is correct
By J on 05/01/10 05:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this because CR is in love with the vehicle. The car (as the i-30 elsewhere in the world) has garnered all kinds of awards over the past 3 years. Compared to my Pontiac Vibe (Corolla), the ET has better fit and finish, excellent visibility, transmission, and is unbelievably quiet. The dash layout is simple and attractive, the Bluetooth is voice interactive and a must have, and the air conditioner is far superior to any other car I have ever seen. The ET is much more comfortable for rear passengers than the new Tucsan. If the reliability holds up as CR thinks it will, I'll be buying Korean products instead of Japanese from now on. Buying this car is a no brainer.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring in WA is:

$170 per month*