Used 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring - Consumer Reviews

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring

View reviews for a specific Elantra Touring model:

Needs cruise for manual trans
By Joe

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall it's a great car. Going from an SUV that average 18 mpg to a hatchback with nearly just as much room that averages about 28 mpg for me I'm very pleased with my purchase. I wish the base model came with more options (mostly Cruise control!), but with what you get in a base model for 15k it's great

mpg, manual trans, radio, display, leg room for the front and back seats, spaciousness of the entire car

cruise control in the manual base model and more options for the base model and it was very difficult to even find a touring with a manual transmission

Fun car
By Frank

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car for the space and did not want an SUV. The car handles very well and the brakes are excellent. The radio and other controls are simple to use without a lot of needless buttons. The ride is firm but that is what you get with a sports type handling. I drove in a snowstorm back in February and the car handled similar to a Saab I use to have, even with the low profile tires. XM radio is standard with a free 3 month subscription. I thought I did not want it but now I cannot drive without it. Car comes with excellent tires and Consumer report rates the tires well, even in snow.

Built in XM radio. Fold-down rear seats providing huge cargo area. Excellent brakes and handling, along with six airbags.

I think with all the features and the low price, Hyundai saves on the weak paint job. The car's paint could be a liitle more durable and less prone to chips. However, I realize the price of the car is the reason for this.

Oops
By Tom

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Thought this would be an economical 2nd car since Hyundai touts 35 mpg. I use car on hwy and rural roads no city driving and I am averaging 24 to 25 mpg. My V6 AWD RAV 268 hp gets 22 to 23 mpg with same driving. The car definitely is lacking power and is very noisy when trying to get it going. I believe the 17" rims make this car ride hard. Wrong choice for me.

Blue tooth, interior space, comfort

Increase power and fuel economy. Possible 5 spd auto trans might help. Change tire rim configuration to improve ride. Blue dash light on radio to intense no way of dimming for night driving but you can blank out that area. Carpet area is lacking.

What a gem!
By Kalun47

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had considered the '09 Outback and Honda FIT before i eventually came upon the ET SE A/T. The legroom for the backseat is amazing, and the cargo room is unmatched when the seats are folded down. As far as safety features go, the ET is top-notch. It was airbags all around, ABS, ESC, and maximum braking when the pedal is suddenly depressed. The Honda FIT is roughly the same price, and doesn't come with ESC. This car has more passenger room than some of the compact and midsized SUVs on the market. The suspension is spring quite hard, so you can feel every imperfection on the road.

I love the layout of the information on the radio display. All the information is right there, and you don't have to scroll or press next to get the rest of it. The instrument cluster is clean and efficient, and the blue back light is definitely a crowd pleaser.

Leather should have been an option on the '10 model. The interior is very easy to scuff. The car could definitely use a few more horsepower, and the transmission should be a 5 or 6 speed.

Good car but
By CarLover

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I considered Civic, Legacy, and Elantra Touring (ET). I bought ET because I wanted to save money. Fuel Economy was okay, 26.6 MPG combined driving city and highway. As you know, new sonata 2011 can save more gas. I found that door lock was not working sometimes. After restart Engine, the door lock works fine. I changed 2 rims and 2 tires. The one original rim costed me $360 and the original tire cost me $168. Use tirerack.com, not Hyundai Dealer service. I think the original rim and tire is too weak. The good thing was no power train problems so far.

Bluetooth (Dealer installed) XM (3 months free, then $9 or $13/month) Heated front seats.

Make stronger rim. Use Bridge stone or better one for oem tires, not Kumho. The kumho tire was the worst tire I have ever used. Is that make sense to provide 15 in spare tire even though others are 17in. The spare tire recommend to drive less than 50 mi/hour. What can I do at the highway?