2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra Touring model:
the good and the bad
By carcommenter on 04/08/13 10:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The good: Am in my 3rd year of ownership and the car has been reliable so far. It is amazingly spacious and has a clean interior design which I find appealing and uncluttered. Good visibility all around and the car handles well. With quality winter tires (I prefer Michelin) it has been very good in winter (am driving in Canada). I like the manual shift even though it feels odd sometimes. Has unusually good pulling power on hills in top gear (5th). If you flog it, it will respond willingly and feels quite sporty. Responds harshly to bumps (see my comments on tire size).

Mine is not as great as everyone elses ET
By sr500mark on 04/02/13 08:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a catasrophic engine failure that started with a faintly flickering oil light at low idling rpm. Oil level was ok. I changed the oil anyway and the flickering went away. This flickering only lasted a very short while, as I changed the oil immediately. It seemed like everytime I approached 3,000 miles on an oil change the engine light would start to flicker and then go away once changed. Engine died at 65,000 miles. Hyundai took care of the issue with little hassle. Interior plastic chrome trim is pealing, parking brake button broke off, parking brake wore too fast, needing constant adjustment and then rear brake replacement. I like it, it just isn't great. Back to Toyota.

Cheap car
By mike11778 on 01/11/12 20:10 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

A very cheap car, leather on steering wheel peals off, dealer will change, carpet floor is pulling away, dealer fixed it, it does this again, very noisy (low profile tires), every small rock is like a pain, floor mats (Touring OEM !!!!) already having holes at the gas pedal. I am looking to get rid of it and buy a VW or similar. No engine problems so far, but driving is crappy, got pain in fingers from extensive driving due to vibrating car.

Needs cruise for manual trans
By Joe on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall it's a great car. Going from an SUV that average 18 mpg to a hatchback with nearly just as much room that averages about 28 mpg for me I'm very pleased with my purchase. I wish the base model came with more options (mostly Cruise control!), but with what you get in a base model for 15k it's great

Fun car
By Frank on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car for the space and did not want an SUV. The car handles very well and the brakes are excellent. The radio and other controls are simple to use without a lot of needless buttons. The ride is firm but that is what you get with a sports type handling. I drove in a snowstorm back in February and the car handled similar to a Saab I use to have, even with the low profile tires. XM radio is standard with a free 3 month subscription. I thought I did not want it but now I cannot drive without it. Car comes with excellent tires and Consumer report rates the tires well, even in snow.

Oops
By Tom on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Thought this would be an economical 2nd car since Hyundai touts 35 mpg. I use car on hwy and rural roads no city driving and I am averaging 24 to 25 mpg. My V6 AWD RAV 268 hp gets 22 to 23 mpg with same driving. The car definitely is lacking power and is very noisy when trying to get it going. I believe the 17" rims make this car ride hard. Wrong choice for me.

What a gem!
By Kalun47 on 08/29/10 21:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had considered the '09 Outback and Honda FIT before i eventually came upon the ET SE A/T. The legroom for the backseat is amazing, and the cargo room is unmatched when the seats are folded down. As far as safety features go, the ET is top-notch. It was airbags all around, ABS, ESC, and maximum braking when the pedal is suddenly depressed. The Honda FIT is roughly the same price, and doesn't come with ESC. This car has more passenger room than some of the compact and midsized SUVs on the market. The suspension is spring quite hard, so you can feel every imperfection on the road.

Good car but
By CarLover on 08/15/10 22:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I considered Civic, Legacy, and Elantra Touring (ET). I bought ET because I wanted to save money. Fuel Economy was okay, 26.6 MPG combined driving city and highway. As you know, new sonata 2011 can save more gas. I found that door lock was not working sometimes. After restart Engine, the door lock works fine. I changed 2 rims and 2 tires. The one original rim costed me $360 and the original tire cost me $168. Use tirerack.com, not Hyundai Dealer service. I think the original rim and tire is too weak. The good thing was no power train problems so far.

Fun Little Wagon
By Budget Mike on 07/29/10 10:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We recently traded our Sonata (2010) for this Elantra Touring. The Sonata was (and is) a great car, but we wanted more rearward visibility and less bulk. This car fills the bill, and adds a fun/sporty factor along with it. So far, we have really enjoyed the car and look forward to a lot of pleasant miles together.

Excellent value
By John on 07/19/10 08:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first new car purchase - I've had it for about two months now and am loving it. Averaging 35 mpg mixed driving. I'm 6'3" and have plenty of head and leg room. Love the blue color. Overall, I'd say it's a great value at about $19.8k OTD.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring in VA is:

$132 per month*