Very disappointed in MPG
By ecormack on
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I compared a few different vehicles reported to get decent gas milage. I went with this because i really like the styling and i figured id get at least 28-30mpg. I'm getting 25. My previous vehicle was a 1998 subaru legacy wagon. With that I got 23MPG doing the same driving, and i had a much heavier foot then. I'm using eco boost, Driving more conservatively than I used to and still getting, what I consider, poor gas milage for what this vehicle is. Other than that I love it. although, because you cant see the hood when you are seated in the car, I have a hard time judging how close i pull to something. I've only had it a month though.
By bberszoner
on 10/15/12 17:12 PM (PDT)

I second the review stating the mileage is poor. I am very disappointed in the mileage -- it claimed to be 28/39, averaging 32. I am barely getting 26 with a fair bit of highway driving. This is worse than my old Honda Civic.

By scott987
on 02/20/14 20:30 PM (PST)

Sadly I complete agree. VERY disappointed in the mileage. I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Auto PZEV and the sticker said 30 MPG (27 city, 37 highway). We are averaging a consistent 23! And, the main driver is very conservative so that is not the reason. She had a VW Passat that consistently hit 37+. Recently we took the Elantra on a trip and reset the MPG calculator to track the trip (all highway) and averaged 30.7. Very sad. Would have been halfway ok with low-md 30s, but this is way off. Although we like the car, with such inaccurate MPG information being pushed I can't imagine considering a Hyundai again!