2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Consumer Review: It's a Love-Hate Relationship

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT - Consumer Review

It's a Love-Hate Relationship
By nanne8 on

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I've had this car for about six months and have some regrets about buying it. It looks great - both the interior and exterior designs are excellent. And the technology it's equipped with (I have the tech/style pkg) beats any other car in its segment. However, there are some major deficiencies: (1) the gas mileage is nowhere near what Hyundai claims. The most I've ever gotten is 30mpg highway and 27 combined. That's driving conservatively in eco mode the entire time; (2) the ride is VERY harsh - you feel every (I mean EVERY) bump in the road and forget about going over rough pavement, bumps, or potholes. I feel like I'm riding in a school bus. (3) the acceleration/power stinks...badly.

Panoramic sunroof, backup camera, interior design, cargo space

Need to soften the ride and improve gas mileage
By redgeminipa
on 07/16/14 05:27 AM (PDT)

I'm in the middle of buying a 2014 with Style package right now. I think your concerns are covered. I find the ride much better than the 2012 Sonata SE I'm trading in for it, and the engine is now the 2.0L instead of the 1.8L in the 2013s. So far, I love this little car!

By dansmom3391
on 04/06/14 09:14 AM (PDT)

I have never read reviews with so much disparity....either plp love it and they say the gas mileage is great...or they HATE it...this is extremely confusing.