Second time Hyundai owner
By furunofan on
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
I traded in my 2005 Tucson that I purchased new for this 2013 Elantra GT. The car is really comfortable and has a nice quiet ride for a small car. The value isn't as good as I recieved when purchasing the 2005 Tucson. I think the value of the dollar has decreased to the point imports are having problems keeping the value they offered just 5 years ago. The steering is great. I wanted a Ford Focus until I test drove one and found the steering radius was not what I expected from a small car. The GT steering has three modes and all drive really well. I had problems getting a manual transmission but I didn't want to pay the xtra for an automatic.
Favorite Features
Love the gas mileage. I am running about 32mpg combined driving. The heated mirrors and other standard features were a must for me. I added the style package because I wanted the lumbar support and leather seating. Unlike the Tucson, it didn't smell like plastic for months. The dash is soft vinyl and not hard plastic. The panoramic sunroof is nice but I worry about leakes in the future. The manual transmission is great and allows me to force the pickup I need to get into traffic. The XM radio works well if you use it. The blue link is a good start but not refined. The intergration is good.
Suggested Improvements
The center console arm rest doesn't lock in placee and is always sliding forward or back when you don't want it to. The radio and interior dash lights are tired to one control. When adjusting the lighting it end up with the radio being too bright compared to the other dash lights and can be distracting at night. The main flooring of the car is really cheap compared to my old Tucson. The carpeted floor matt are really thin and again lower quality. The rims look nice but the chrome is plastic inlays. If replacement inlays were not so expensive you might say it was to save weight but I think it was to save money. (cheap) The value and build just isn't what I expected after having my SUV.