Overall very satisfied
By docthor on
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
Purchased vehicle almost 6 weeks ago, and have already put just over 6K miles on it (purchased in Florida and driven to California) Automatic with Style Package. It is being used as daily driver to work, about 42 miles each way, mostly highway, some city. Incredibly happy with vehicle. It handles great, the styling is modern, sporty and attractive. The interior looks and feels like inside a much pricier car. I am 6'3 ft and I have no issues with head/legroom up front or in the back, although my head is close to ceiling interior because of sunroof. It is not superfast, but has enough power for anything you may encounter in day to day driving. Suspension feels firm but not too hard.
Favorite Features
The controls/buttons on the steering wheel are very well thought out, they are not in the way whilst driving, yet are easy to operate. The lumbar support in the drivers seat really helps with longer drives. The steering wheel is telescopic and tilts so it can be set up for all drivers. The bottle holders in the door panels are a really nice touch I frequently use. The storage space in the back is huge with the seats folded down. The sunroof is well worth the money, it makes the car feel so much more open and in warmer climates the car feels great with no ac and windows down. No turbulence from sunroof either. The stereo sounds great, has good bass and clarity for all music.
Suggested Improvements
While you can certainly achieve the advertised MPG ratings, I do not during typical commuting unless I am actively thinking about it. I'd say real world MPG for my is about 27 city, 36 hwy ( I usually drive 70-80 on interstate in California). Upon starting the car/accelerating, I notice a clicking sound coming from engine. I've contacted Hyundai themselves as well as dealer, and the clicking is a completely normal sound coming from the fuel injectors. It would be nice if there were airvents for rear passengers.For taller drivers, the visor over the instrument cluster can block the top part of spedometer for taller drivers, not a big issue. Overall an incredible car for couples, families!