2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Consumer Review: Over all great car!

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Over all great car!
By bkohs on

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I've been driving my GT for about 5 months now and have just under 3000mi on it. There have been zero mecanical issues as expected for such a new car. My wife was very suprised by me getting this car because I've been into either sprots cars, or SUV's for a while. I eneded up test driving the GT just to pass some time while my wife's car was in for service. Thats all it took for me was one test drive. I came back later that day to trade in my Jeep. I opted for a 6spd manual with the touch and go package which added 17" wheel, keyless entry, push button start, and sport pedals. It also had the homelink mirror which has a nice auto dim feature.

Interior, Sound system even on the base model is great! The looks are more reflective of a high dollar car. MPG's are great I'm getting an average of 29mpg with mostly city driving in congested South FL.

Not everything gets high praises with this car. There are a few places Hyundai fell a little short. First off the factory tires are garbage. This is the first time in my life I will be happy when the tires get low so I have an excuse to change them. Hyudai should have gone with a better brand for thier cars. The rear suspension can be a little sketchy when going over bumps while turning. I, for the most part, fixed this problem with changing the rear shocks to KYB's. It was only $150 for the parts and they made a world of difference. 1st and 6th gear are mostly useless on the manual trans. The gearing should be changed a little. Finally the Engine should have about 30 or so more HP.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review