2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Consumer Review: Over all great car!

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Over all great car!
By bkohs on

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I've been driving my GT for about 5 months now and have just under 3000mi on it. There have been zero mecanical issues as expected for such a new car. My wife was very suprised by me getting this car because I've been into either sprots cars, or SUV's for a while. I eneded up test driving the GT just to pass some time while my wife's car was in for service. Thats all it took for me was one test drive. I came back later that day to trade in my Jeep. I opted for a 6spd manual with the touch and go package which added 17" wheel, keyless entry, push button start, and sport pedals. It also had the homelink mirror which has a nice auto dim feature.

Favorite Features

Interior, Sound system even on the base model is great! The looks are more reflective of a high dollar car. MPG's are great I'm getting an average of 29mpg with mostly city driving in congested South FL.

Suggested Improvements

Not everything gets high praises with this car. There are a few places Hyundai fell a little short. First off the factory tires are garbage. This is the first time in my life I will be happy when the tires get low so I have an excuse to change them. Hyudai should have gone with a better brand for thier cars. The rear suspension can be a little sketchy when going over bumps while turning. I, for the most part, fixed this problem with changing the rear shocks to KYB's. It was only $150 for the parts and they made a world of difference. 1st and 6th gear are mostly useless on the manual trans. The gearing should be changed a little. Finally the Engine should have about 30 or so more HP.