2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Consumer Review: Excellent Interior and Value w

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT - Consumer Review

PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic w/Blue Interior)

Excellent Interior and Value with some regrets
By depiction on

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT PZEV 4dr Hatchback w/Blue Interior (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I came from a 2005 Mazda3 and was looking to buy a new hatchback for the versatility. I test drove the Impreza, Mazda3, and the Elantra GT. Thankfully I haven't noticed the MPG problems other owners have mentioned. In mixed driving I'm able to get 30-31 MPG with Active Eco mode off. After a couple tests, I've found Active Eco mode useless. It's a great value with an excellent interior. Unfortunately it's suspension is very harsh and it's a bit noisy (both engine and wind noise). I feel every little bump on the road. even after upgrading to excellent Michelin tires. At 65 MPH, interior noise is about 75 db, as measured by an app on my iPhone. A 2010 Mazda3 measures about 70 db.

The Elantra GT is a great value with an excellent interior. The interior is better than most all other cars in this segment. The panoramic roof is gorgeous. The rear seats fold down nicely for a flat loading area.

- Upgrade suspension for a softer ride - More powerful engine - More sound deadening