2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra GT model:
2013 Hyundai GT hatch Auto - 1 month review
By mergatroid on 09/06/12 13:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Came from a 2010 Mazda 3. Love this car so far. I am 6' 1" tall and have great leg room in front. Back seat is also very spacious. I have the base model but it is very well equipped. So far averaging about 32MPG in about 80% hwy, 20% city driving. On one 60 minute freeway stretch at 65mph I averaged 36mpg. Pleased so far and I am hoping it will improve as time goes on. Keep it in ECO mode all the time. Very quiet car, average acceleration but plenty of power in manual mode. Sport mode in steering my favorite and handles very well, but not quite as good as my Mazda 3. Fantastic dash set up - Bluetooth works great, AC strong, above average stereo - nice bass. Competitors have their work to do.

Overall very satisfied
By docthor on 09/04/12 15:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased vehicle almost 6 weeks ago, and have already put just over 6K miles on it (purchased in Florida and driven to California) Automatic with Style Package. It is being used as daily driver to work, about 42 miles each way, mostly highway, some city. Incredibly happy with vehicle. It handles great, the styling is modern, sporty and attractive. The interior looks and feels like inside a much pricier car. I am 6'3 ft and I have no issues with head/legroom up front or in the back, although my head is close to ceiling interior because of sunroof. It is not superfast, but has enough power for anything you may encounter in day to day driving. Suspension feels firm but not too hard.

Very nice car
By blou2 on 09/04/12 06:54 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Traded a 2012 ford focus titanium for the 2013 loaded elantra gt...had nothing but trouble with the focus and so far everything works in the elantra and is as nice as the build and style of the focus...the elantra drives smooth and gives the feel of confidence....took a large monetary hit trading a 8 month old car but glad we did...the Hyundai is a very nice suprize....B-lou

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT
By bcgordy1 on 08/31/12 18:27 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought the car a couple of weeks ago. Had narrowed decision down to Toyota Prius or the GT. Decided on the GT because of price, standard features, warranty, no batteries to replace and, believe it or not, quietness! Admitedly it is a little smaller than the Prius but we are empty nesters in our 60's looking for an around town/short road trip car. The car is a joy to drive and so quiet. Suspension is "sports", i.e., fairly stiff. Car feels solid.

2013 Elantra GT is smooth and sporty
By dhfromcali on 08/16/12 09:51 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

After much research and test drives, I finally decided on the Elantra GT with the Style package. I test drove and compared the following: VW Golf, Golf TDI, Jetta TDI, Mazda 3, Ford Focus, Nissan Altima, Kia Optima. By far, the Elantra GT was the quietest ride out of all, nicest cabin, and best overall value. It was fun to drive (only slightly less fun than the Mazda which had great steering) but was smoother on freeway than Mazda. It's a lot roomier in front and back seat than all of those listed, and has better warranty. It was close between the Mazda and Hyundai but the Mazda didn't make good use of dash setup and I'm only 5'5" and hit my head getting in/out of the car.

Pleasantly surprised
By bigal11 on 07/16/12 19:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/Blue Interior (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This brand has come a long way. Great commuter. Not as refined in suspension as my '12 Jetta TDI but very good. MPG on 2 tanks: 38 and 41, better than the Jetta diesel. Easy 6sp to train newbies. Interior, Bluetooth, infotainment jacks, also surprises me. Nice to know my kid won't be tempted into texting at the wheel. I bought it for my daughter to finish High school and go to University. 100K waranty makes me feel much better about that. I simply can't think of a better choice for my purpose.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback in VA is:

$127 per month*