Used 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Elantra GT model:

It's a Love-Hate Relationship
By nanne8

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I've had this car for about six months and have some regrets about buying it. It looks great - both the interior and exterior designs are excellent. And the technology it's equipped with (I have the tech/style pkg) beats any other car in its segment. However, there are some major deficiencies: (1) the gas mileage is nowhere near what Hyundai claims. The most I've ever gotten is 30mpg highway and 27 combined. That's driving conservatively in eco mode the entire time; (2) the ride is VERY harsh - you feel every (I mean EVERY) bump in the road and forget about going over rough pavement, bumps, or potholes. I feel like I'm riding in a school bus. (3) the acceleration/power stinks...badly.

Panoramic sunroof, backup camera, interior design, cargo space

Need to soften the ride and improve gas mileage

miss my subaru
By ecormack

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

very disappointed in my gas milage. Best I've gotten is 27mpg. My subaru with all wheel drive got that. I should have gotten something different

gas milage.

Excellent Interior and Value with some regrets
By depiction

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback PZEV 4dr Hatchback w/Blue Interior (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I came from a 2005 Mazda3 and was looking to buy a new hatchback for the versatility. I test drove the Impreza, Mazda3, and the Elantra GT. Thankfully I haven't noticed the MPG problems other owners have mentioned. In mixed driving I'm able to get 30-31 MPG with Active Eco mode off. After a couple tests, I've found Active Eco mode useless. It's a great value with an excellent interior. Unfortunately it's suspension is very harsh and it's a bit noisy (both engine and wind noise). I feel every little bump on the road. even after upgrading to excellent Michelin tires. At 65 MPH, interior noise is about 75 db, as measured by an app on my iPhone. A 2010 Mazda3 measures about 70 db.

The Elantra GT is a great value with an excellent interior. The interior is better than most all other cars in this segment. The panoramic roof is gorgeous. The rear seats fold down nicely for a flat loading area.

- Upgrade suspension for a softer ride - More powerful engine - More sound deadening

Nice Ride!
By antoniog71

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This car is simply awesome. Looks very small, but it is VERY comfortable, even for big people like me and my family. It rides super slick and it looks nice as well. The interior is nice, very nice. This car is perfect for any 4 people, can fit 5, but looks like it will not be comfortable. Besides it being a GT, it is a good purchase for my family. It will be used to take us anywhere, and the mileage on this car is sweet. Nice Ride! You can't go wrong with this car.

Love this car, but...
By cafiestase

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second Elantra...wow, what a difference. The other was a 2008 SE. This has more power, ride is much better. My one is a big difference for the and the wife and I fell in love with lines and the "Red", I mean "Red". I am looking for better mileage, but I only have 1,800 miles on the clock. My last car was a 2011 Ford Fiesta W/6-speed trans that need work at 30K, so we traded it for the Elantra GT, even so, when ever I traveled for over 100 miles, I got a min. of 40mpg so where is the 37mpg Hyundai???

Well, of course I love the warranty, The Elantra GT is way more quite to drive, the steering is tighter, and many more amenities. Softer over-all ride quality. I drove this car from Riverside area to Yuma, AZ and back; only achieved 29MPG one way, and 32MPG the other. Nearly all of this trip was divided highway or Freeway and considering that only drove 70 MPH. I expected much better...perhaps when the car gets more miles on the clock, MPG will improve!

To say that I am a car nut, is a correct statement. Since 2000, I have owned "8" new automobiles, including the Elantra GT. Improvements, at this point in this ownership, I have not found any recommendations for improvement, that is said with a car with very few miles... Stay tuned...

• SUV