2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra GT model:
Love the styling, but shocked at the MPG lie!!
By dmortaz on 01/21/13 08:52 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Last week we purchased the 2013 Elantra GT with the Touch-and-Go package for our every day commute car! But I am sorely disappointed at the Noise in the cabin specially on the freeway rides. I am also shocked that despite the rebates on the inaccurate Gas Millage claims, our sticker on the car was still showing a 30 MPG average!! This car's dash only shows 24-25 MPG which is far shy of the stickers claim! I wish I had known about the exaggerated millage. I am NOT sure if it would have caused us to change our decision, but now I wonder what other facts the Hyundai folks have been exaggerating about.

LOVE IT!
By demarcho on 12/27/12 08:31 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I've been driving it for about 2 months now and I absolutely love it! Previously I had a 2005 Elantra... and it is a big upgrade with heated leather seats, Bluetooth, iPod, and Panoramic Sunroof. Lots of options....! This car feels heavier than sturdier than my previous car which makes me feel safer. Mileage... I am getting between 27~29 City and 32~34 Highway (going 75mph). I believe I will get better mileage in milder weather.

Disappointing fuel economy, but I still LOVE it
By stephen_b on 12/21/12 07:36 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/Blue Interior (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

What initially drove me to look at the GT was the fuel economy, but what sold me was the sleek styling and comfortable roomy interior. I am 6'3 and have ample head and leg room. The leather seats are very comfortable. And the car just looks sexy. I got it in red with tan leather and the style package, and it's just beautiful. It is visually far more appealing than any other car in it's class, imo. The only issue I have with it is the disappointing fuel economy. I have only had it for a little less than a month, but it's averaging about 25-26 mpg with a substantial amount of highway driving. I've only had it for a month, and put about 1k miles on it. I also live in a congested area.

After 3000 Miles - There are some regrets
By efav on 12/11/12 18:33 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Bought it because it had good cargo space, 4 and 5 star crash test ratings, it was comfortable, good warranty, and sticker said 28-39 mpg. Figured with good mileage like that, I could spend the extra money and buy this car as a long term investment. The reality is the mileage is awful when compared to the sticker. Like other reviewers here, my real world MPG is 25 city, 26/27 on my commute, and 31 road trip with no stops for over 300 miles. Quite disappointed. I am conservative driver, and received 29-33 in my old Sentra. The refund program will reimburse me for only 1 mpg difference, not 5-7 mpg difference. The cost of the MPG difference will cost me almost $400/yr more at current prices.

Better than Ford Focus
By justaguy6 on 10/20/12 19:52 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Owning a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback for 5 months, I was in the shop 4 times for transmission issues and once for the nav/audio screen shutting off. All in all, it was a mess. I have purchased a silver elantra gt with tech and style package, manual transmission. Owning it for about a week, I am averaging 37 mpg (not sure where everyone else is driving). Prior to Ford, I was a BMW owner (2003) - fed up with costs to own. Although this is no BMW, this car is a lot of fun. Feel solid and handles pretty well for a car in this segment.

I like the car but am disappointed in the mileage
By bberszoner on 10/15/12 17:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I have had the car for a couple of weeks and and like lots of things, but a few negatives stand out: (1) the review of the car say the auto transmission is a little lackluster - that is true; (2) the stated mileage is 28/39, but I'm getting 26 with a fair bit of highway driving, so I no longer believe it's possible. What else isn't true?

Second time Hyundai owner
By furunofan on 09/30/12 17:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2005 Tucson that I purchased new for this 2013 Elantra GT. The car is really comfortable and has a nice quiet ride for a small car. The value isn't as good as I recieved when purchasing the 2005 Tucson. I think the value of the dollar has decreased to the point imports are having problems keeping the value they offered just 5 years ago. The steering is great. I wanted a Ford Focus until I test drove one and found the steering radius was not what I expected from a small car. The GT steering has three modes and all drive really well. I had problems getting a manual transmission but I didn't want to pay the xtra for an automatic.

Hyundai Continues to compete and win with Elantra GT base
By salmonking46 on 09/29/12 23:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

If you are in the market for a car that is the perfect combination of fun, affordable, and functional the Elantra GT beckons a look. The Bluetooth functionality is practical and fun, Blulink is a useful. The steering mode option is clever, and again practical and fun. Eco mode is great for economy, averaged 39 mpg on the interstate first time out. Turning Eco off gives you some extra punch in the pedal. The seats are a comfortable compliment to a stable ride that seems to mix sporty attitude with touring comfort perfectly. Standard heated seats are an unexpected bit of luxury. It would be nice to have more compartments for storage. Exterior appearance beats the competitors by far.

Very satisfied
By h2lemonwedge on 09/25/12 13:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I just picked mine up from the dealer yesterday; I had the opportunity to take the car for the weekend while my wife and I "talked" about it a little more. As disappointed as I was to find that this class of car has gone up in price in recent years I feel I got alot for my money. I like the standard features that come with the car.

GT rocks!
By capte on 09/21/12 13:50 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2013 Elantra GT with the 6 speed manual shifter and am more than pleased. After breifly owning a 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback for a week and returning it because of automatic transmission issues, I decided no more automatics in small cars. The manual tranny in the GT is smooth with reasonably short throws. I installed 17 inch wheels with Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires and the improved cornering and traction is noticeable. It now handles as well in the corners as the Focus did, without the reliability issues that Ford has always been known for. The interior quality and noise levels are better in the GT than the Focus and the controls in the GT are much more intuitive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback in VA is:

$128 per month*