2013 Hyundai GT hatch Auto - 1 month review
By mergatroid on
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
Came from a 2010 Mazda 3. Love this car so far. I am 6' 1" tall and have great leg room in front. Back seat is also very spacious. I have the base model but it is very well equipped. So far averaging about 32MPG in about 80% hwy, 20% city driving. On one 60 minute freeway stretch at 65mph I averaged 36mpg. Pleased so far and I am hoping it will improve as time goes on. Keep it in ECO mode all the time. Very quiet car, average acceleration but plenty of power in manual mode. Sport mode in steering my favorite and handles very well, but not quite as good as my Mazda 3. Fantastic dash set up - Bluetooth works great, AC strong, above average stereo - nice bass. Competitors have their work to do.
Favorite Features
Hwy road manners, quiet, dash layout, stereo, adjustable steering modes, leg room front and back, split rear seats lay FLAT. Tons of cargo room with seats down, fit and finish impressive, 100K warranty, visibility.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the suspension!! Great on smooth surfaces, but when you encounter bumps, the car almost feels as if it "jumps" - unsettling feeling but I will get used to it. Headlight warning chime please, even if the lights will turn off after locking the car. Put a locking mechanism on the center armrest - storage console so it doesnt slide back and forth every time you place your arm on it. Upgrade the cheap carpeting.
By chattipatti
on 09/12/12 06:57 AM (PDT)

I dont find the Elantra GT to be as great as reported here. In fact I was ready to give it back after less than a week until they told mt there'd be fee's involved and elluded my money would be a Hyundai credit. The car's bottom beneath the break area feels like its scraping the ground if I make too fast a turn. So much for the handling. Fun driving? Noooo if I drove this the way I drove my Ford Escape I'd wrap myself arund a tree. Yes its very light but not in a good way. Despite the comfy seats and nice dash I give the car a D-