2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra GT model:
Over all great car!
By bkohs on 03/05/14 07:23 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I've been driving my GT for about 5 months now and have just under 3000mi on it. There have been zero mecanical issues as expected for such a new car. My wife was very suprised by me getting this car because I've been into either sprots cars, or SUV's for a while. I eneded up test driving the GT just to pass some time while my wife's car was in for service. Thats all it took for me was one test drive. I came back later that day to trade in my Jeep. I opted for a 6spd manual with the touch and go package which added 17" wheel, keyless entry, push button start, and sport pedals. It also had the homelink mirror which has a nice auto dim feature.

Great Small Family Car
By rem836 on 02/23/14 07:48 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I shopped and shopped and finally decided on the Elantra GT. Main factors in my decision were price and cargo space. I was a bit worried about fitting two car seats in the back seat, but both fit comfortably and the middle cup holder can still flip down...not that I'm going to show that feature to my kids! The car handled well in the winter ice and snow.

So far, so good...
By richmonder1 on 09/22/13 13:55 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my Elantra GT almost three months and nearly 4000 miles. Mine came with the "Touch & Go" package. Additionally, I preferred the manual transmission. Which brings me to the point of my review: I am getting better than the advertised mileage. On the highway, with limits varying between 55 mph and 70 mph, I typically get between 39 and 40 mpg. Sometimes more but rarely less. Around town, I can get as much as 31 to 32 mpg or as little as 27 mpg. Typically, it will depend on the number of stoplights that trip has. Even with a canoe and a kayak on a Yakima rack, I was able to get 31 mpg on country secondary roads with 55 mph speed limits. The difference might be the transmission

Careful. This LEMON needs a lot of work.
By elantragtowner on 02/08/13 12:34 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this brand new 3 months ago, and am now having to take it in for it's 7th or 8th visit. I've lost track. The vehicle steering system was defective or just poor design to begin with. On the highway, if I relaxed my hand, it would fly off the road to the left. It was very dangerous, and I got into a few close calls because of this. It took 6 attempts for the shop to get it adequate. By adequate I mean it isn't 100%, but they fixed it "enough" to where I can tolerate it. Now I have to take the vehicle in again due to engine trouble. It's been taking the engine 20-30 seconds to wind down from 5,000RPM to 1000RPM when you shift into neutral. It's getting worse. Not happy at all.

Better than Ford Focus
By justaguy6 on 10/20/12 19:52 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Owning a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback for 5 months, I was in the shop 4 times for transmission issues and once for the nav/audio screen shutting off. All in all, it was a mess. I have purchased a silver elantra gt with tech and style package, manual transmission. Owning it for about a week, I am averaging 37 mpg (not sure where everyone else is driving). Prior to Ford, I was a BMW owner (2003) - fed up with costs to own. Although this is no BMW, this car is a lot of fun. Feel solid and handles pretty well for a car in this segment.

Second time Hyundai owner
By furunofan on 09/30/12 17:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2005 Tucson that I purchased new for this 2013 Elantra GT. The car is really comfortable and has a nice quiet ride for a small car. The value isn't as good as I recieved when purchasing the 2005 Tucson. I think the value of the dollar has decreased to the point imports are having problems keeping the value they offered just 5 years ago. The steering is great. I wanted a Ford Focus until I test drove one and found the steering radius was not what I expected from a small car. The GT steering has three modes and all drive really well. I had problems getting a manual transmission but I didn't want to pay the xtra for an automatic.

GT rocks!
By capte on 09/21/12 13:50 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2013 Elantra GT with the 6 speed manual shifter and am more than pleased. After breifly owning a 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback for a week and returning it because of automatic transmission issues, I decided no more automatics in small cars. The manual tranny in the GT is smooth with reasonably short throws. I installed 17 inch wheels with Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires and the improved cornering and traction is noticeable. It now handles as well in the corners as the Focus did, without the reliability issues that Ford has always been known for. The interior quality and noise levels are better in the GT than the Focus and the controls in the GT are much more intuitive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback in VA is:

$127 per month*