Used 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Elantra GT model:

could be wears
By curt

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

not the wears car iv ever owned but i would not recommend i tell people to stay away from 20013 Elantra
mpg is way off what they say gear shifting could be a lot better rear end of car over bumps fells like it lifting off the ground had the car one session and that when the issues started found out in the spring of 2015 the a/c did not work took it to the dealer nothing wrong but needed a recharge could not find the leak work all summer well this spring i noticed it did not work again so i have to take it in still can not find the leak this is just one problem was parked in my drive way one morning found out my car would not start light would come on but engine would not start after 20 mins of trying to find out what was wrong at 6am got made hit the shiftier car starts up ok went to work did this on 7 time the past year well iv decided after reading thing on the internet that Hyundai made [non-permissible content removed] Elantra that year getting read of this car this week shame not even 52000 miles on it

Love my baby ...however...BEWARE OF HANKOOKS!!
By Kimberly B

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I love this car. I have every bell and whistle available. While I feel I got a decent deal compared to original sticker, I was dismayed to find the trade or resale is much less than projected. It is fun to drive, electronics and sound are great. Full sun roof is awesome! Heated leather seat warm uniformly.
The MPG is NOWHERE near what they claim, not matter is driving highway or city. It is apps 7-10 mpg less than they tell you. Blue link is something they don't fill you in on completely. For the full suite of services it runs $300/year. The navigation service thru Blue link is $99/ year and gives no better info than your average smart phone. I have Navi on my touch screen so it adds no value to me. I have the emergency response & vehicle maintenance service $99/yr. My husband bought me the $99 remote start/lock/etc. Worthless. Works from a cell app and no matter if on 4G or Wifi, the service only works 3 out of 10 times and never on a cold snowy day...because the servers are overwhelmed.

BEWARE STOCK HANKOOKS!
My car had 12000 miles and I had 2 sidewall bubbles. I hit nothing. My rims are pristine and my alignment is perfect. I have researched, this is common due to incompatibility with the suspension of the vehicle and the material of these low profile tires and neither Hankook or Hyundai will do anything about it. I was told that I had to upgrade from the 426 to the Venture Noble 2. 5 months later, bubbles in the new sidewalls. So in the 1st year of ownership, I am about to buy tires #5&6. Also, the stock 426's SUCK MAJORLY in rain or ANY snow or ice. The the Venture Noble were not run in snow since only lasted 6 mths. The new tire will be Michelin Premeir AS since this is what other owners have had positive experiences with.

Warranty is good on paper, but be aware that they will try to get out of any and everything at the dealer. They fought with me over window trim that simply flew off of a car that has only been hand washed. I had to create a nuisance on social media for them to pay attention. Also, they try to convince you that you need required service check points. Consult your manual. Most service can be done anywhere with proper recordkeeping. The dealer will try to upsell and make their quotas. Check points are merely selling tactics.

Over all I love my car, but I would have hesitated had I known what I do and asked the right questions. Live and learn. Hope my review helps someone.

UPDATE ****** The Michelin Premeir A/S perform beautifully in pouring rain and ponding roads as well as in snow and ice slush conditions. I have them on the front wheels and the only issues I had were from the hankooks on the rear not grabbing. Upgrading the rear tires to the Michelins. Dismayed that in 2 years this will be the 7th & 8th tires I am putting on. Next time, if I buy a hyundai, tire upgrade will be a mandatory condition of purchase.

Great value
By stankjenkins

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback w/Blue Interior (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Owned the car for roughly a year now and I haven't had a single problem in the first 9k miles. On top of that, the dealer I work for bought in two other 2013 Elantra GTs within the last week(one with 3k miles, one with 22k miles) and the only thing found in the 22k mile elantra was that it needed a couple of new tires. The mileage is great, I average 25-27 in the city and 32-35 on the highway, can be more or less depending on conditions and traffic.

Actual leather wrapped steering wheel is great, there's no wear on it after a year, steering wheel controls are easily accessible and usable. The glass roof holds up very well with small hail and is great on a nice day. Clutch is nice and light with the right amount of travel to engage which is great for a daily driver.

The only improvement I could think of at this time would be to offer dual power seats in the front and get rid of the steering modes unless Hyundai makes it so that the sport mode provides a better steering wheel to wheel turn ratio.

Great Economy Car... with Style
By denx57

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my '13 GT just over 15 months ago.
It now has 36,000 miles and no issues whatsoever.
I average 36mpg driving 80% highway... not bad at all.
I highly recommend a test drive if you're shopping for a reliable, stylish hatchback.

Great looks, good economy, funt to drive, reliable. Comes standard with features that were only on luxury cars 20 years ago. Outside temp sensor. Compass built into the mirror. Homelink with garage door openers (3) Hyundai BlueLink USB ports for music Locking Gas cover Controls are easy to use and reach. Comfortable ride yet handles very good.

Back-up camera should be standard as the view out the back is not good. Kinda scary backing up. Can't think of anything else.

Elantra GT review
By zaps

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

very bad MPG it is giving 21MPG only as compared to 34MPG on highway and 24 on interior roads. While driving you can feel it is not smooth and can feel the hardness on accelerator. The Dealer says talk to hyundai and hyundai says talk to dealer. This is worst car i had

the interior are OK

Better MPG as suggested by the dealer and company