Used 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra GT model:

Love my baby ...however...BEWARE OF HANKOOKS!!
By Kimberly B

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I love this car. I have every bell and whistle available. While I feel I got a decent deal compared to original sticker, I was dismayed to find the trade or resale is much less than projected. It is fun to drive, electronics and sound are great. Full sun roof is awesome! Heated leather seat warm uniformly. The MPG is NOWHERE near what they claim, not matter is driving highway or city. It is apps 7-10 mpg less than they tell you. Blue link is something they don't fill you in on completely. For the full suite of services it runs $300/year. The navigation service thru Blue link is $99/ year and gives no better info than your average smart phone. I have Navi on my touch screen so it adds no value to me. I have the emergency response & vehicle maintenance service $99/yr. My husband bought me the $99 remote start/lock/etc. Worthless. Works from a cell app and no matter if on 4G or Wifi, the service only works 3 out of 10 times and never on a cold snowy day...because the servers are overwhelmed. BEWARE STOCK HANKOOKS! My car had 12000 miles and I had 2 sidewall bubbles. I hit nothing. My rims are pristine and my alignment is perfect. I have researched, this is common due to incompatibility with the suspension of the vehicle and the material of these low profile tires and neither Hankook or Hyundai will do anything about it. I was told that I had to upgrade from the 426 to the Venture Noble 2. 5 months later, bubbles in the new sidewalls. So in the 1st year of ownership, I am about to buy tires #5&6. Also, the stock 426's SUCK MAJORLY in rain or ANY snow or ice. The the Venture Noble were not run in snow since only lasted 6 mths. The new tire will be Michelin Premeir AS since this is what other owners have had positive experiences with. Warranty is good on paper, but be aware that they will try to get out of any and everything at the dealer. They fought with me over window trim that simply flew off of a car that has only been hand washed. I had to create a nuisance on social media for them to pay attention. Also, they try to convince you that you need required service check points. Consult your manual. Most service can be done anywhere with proper recordkeeping. The dealer will try to upsell and make their quotas. Check points are merely selling tactics. Over all I love my car, but I would have hesitated had I known what I do and asked the right questions. Live and learn. Hope my review helps someone.

Great value
By stankjenkins

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback w/Blue Interior (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Owned the car for roughly a year now and I haven't had a single problem in the first 9k miles. On top of that, the dealer I work for bought in two other 2013 Elantra GTs within the last week(one with 3k miles, one with 22k miles) and the only thing found in the 22k mile elantra was that it needed a couple of new tires. The mileage is great, I average 25-27 in the city and 32-35 on the highway, can be more or less depending on conditions and traffic.

Actual leather wrapped steering wheel is great, there's no wear on it after a year, steering wheel controls are easily accessible and usable. The glass roof holds up very well with small hail and is great on a nice day. Clutch is nice and light with the right amount of travel to engage which is great for a daily driver.

The only improvement I could think of at this time would be to offer dual power seats in the front and get rid of the steering modes unless Hyundai makes it so that the sport mode provides a better steering wheel to wheel turn ratio.

Great Economy Car... with Style
By denx57

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my '13 GT just over 15 months ago. It now has 36,000 miles and no issues whatsoever. I average 36mpg driving 80% highway... not bad at all. I highly recommend a test drive if you're shopping for a reliable, stylish hatchback.

Great looks, good economy, funt to drive, reliable. Comes standard with features that were only on luxury cars 20 years ago. Outside temp sensor. Compass built into the mirror. Homelink with garage door openers (3) Hyundai BlueLink USB ports for music Locking Gas cover Controls are easy to use and reach. Comfortable ride yet handles very good.

Back-up camera should be standard as the view out the back is not good. Kinda scary backing up. Can't think of anything else.

Elantra GT review
By zaps

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

very bad MPG it is giving 21MPG only as compared to 34MPG on highway and 24 on interior roads. While driving you can feel it is not smooth and can feel the hardness on accelerator. The Dealer says talk to hyundai and hyundai says talk to dealer. This is worst car i had

the interior are OK

Better MPG as suggested by the dealer and company

Great car regardless of cost
By motosys

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I got the touch and go package I really liked the Wheels and really wanted the proximity key. The Voice commands are the best of any that I have used and really like it and use it. The performance is acceptable and can get out of its own way. I went in to the dealership to look at the velositer and was very disappointed by the performance. The sales lady showed me the Elantra GT and it was much snappier and better. The fuel economy I get isn't as bad as others I have owned it for 9 months and 20000 miles I have seen in 45MPG in summer using summer gas and going down hill most of the way. most of the time combined would be 32-33MPG on summer gas on winter gas 27-31.

Proximity key, Voice Commands

better fuel economy most drivers feel cheated by the fuel economy

• SUV