Used 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra GT model:

Great value
By stankjenkins

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback w/Blue Interior (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Owned the car for roughly a year now and I haven't had a single problem in the first 9k miles. On top of that, the dealer I work for bought in two other 2013 Elantra GTs within the last week(one with 3k miles, one with 22k miles) and the only thing found in the 22k mile elantra was that it needed a couple of new tires. The mileage is great, I average 25-27 in the city and 32-35 on the highway, can be more or less depending on conditions and traffic.

Actual leather wrapped steering wheel is great, there's no wear on it after a year, steering wheel controls are easily accessible and usable. The glass roof holds up very well with small hail and is great on a nice day. Clutch is nice and light with the right amount of travel to engage which is great for a daily driver.

The only improvement I could think of at this time would be to offer dual power seats in the front and get rid of the steering modes unless Hyundai makes it so that the sport mode provides a better steering wheel to wheel turn ratio.

Great Economy Car... with Style
By denx57

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my '13 GT just over 15 months ago. It now has 36,000 miles and no issues whatsoever. I average 36mpg driving 80% highway... not bad at all. I highly recommend a test drive if you're shopping for a reliable, stylish hatchback.

Great looks, good economy, funt to drive, reliable. Comes standard with features that were only on luxury cars 20 years ago. Outside temp sensor. Compass built into the mirror. Homelink with garage door openers (3) Hyundai BlueLink USB ports for music Locking Gas cover Controls are easy to use and reach. Comfortable ride yet handles very good.

Back-up camera should be standard as the view out the back is not good. Kinda scary backing up. Can't think of anything else.

Elantra GT review
By zaps

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

very bad MPG it is giving 21MPG only as compared to 34MPG on highway and 24 on interior roads. While driving you can feel it is not smooth and can feel the hardness on accelerator. The Dealer says talk to hyundai and hyundai says talk to dealer. This is worst car i had

the interior are OK

Better MPG as suggested by the dealer and company

Great car regardless of cost
By motosys

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I got the touch and go package I really liked the Wheels and really wanted the proximity key. The Voice commands are the best of any that I have used and really like it and use it. The performance is acceptable and can get out of its own way. I went in to the dealership to look at the velositer and was very disappointed by the performance. The sales lady showed me the Elantra GT and it was much snappier and better. The fuel economy I get isn't as bad as others I have owned it for 9 months and 20000 miles I have seen in 45MPG in summer using summer gas and going down hill most of the way. most of the time combined would be 32-33MPG on summer gas on winter gas 27-31.

Proximity key, Voice Commands

better fuel economy most drivers feel cheated by the fuel economy

Amazed!
By tammielb

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I recently purchased the Hyundai Elantra GT...and I love it. I was driving a Lexus RX 350 which had been a wonderful car. But it was 8 years old and time for a replacement. I'm a single mom and a teacher so another Lexus was not in my price range. I researched tons of vehicles trying to find the most for my money and hoping I wouldn't be missing the Lexus. The Elantra was it! The ride, the comfort, the bells and whistles...all of it. I don't miss my Lexus at all. I got it fully loaded and it was totally in my price range. In fact, dare I say it's more fun to drive. A little smaller and zippier around the neighborhood. My 10 and 13 year old boys even like my new car better. :)

The interior looks like a luxury vehicle. I drove other cars in the same cats gory and was not nearly as impressed. The ride is very smooth. It handles bumps and road issues very well.

I would love for all the windows to be auto up. Also would like to see curb sensors. But those are minor details that I can live without.