2013 Hyundai Elantra GT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra GT model:
Great Economy Car... with Style
By denx57 on 08/21/14 10:34 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my '13 GT just over 15 months ago. It now has 36,000 miles and no issues whatsoever. I average 36mpg driving 80% highway... not bad at all. I highly recommend a test drive if you're shopping for a reliable, stylish hatchback.

Elantra GT review
By zaps on 05/27/14 20:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

very bad MPG it is giving 21MPG only as compared to 34MPG on highway and 24 on interior roads. While driving you can feel it is not smooth and can feel the hardness on accelerator. The Dealer says talk to hyundai and hyundai says talk to dealer. This is worst car i had

Great car regardless of cost
By motosys on 04/29/14 16:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I got the touch and go package I really liked the Wheels and really wanted the proximity key. The Voice commands are the best of any that I have used and really like it and use it. The performance is acceptable and can get out of its own way. I went in to the dealership to look at the velositer and was very disappointed by the performance. The sales lady showed me the Elantra GT and it was much snappier and better. The fuel economy I get isn't as bad as others I have owned it for 9 months and 20000 miles I have seen in 45MPG in summer using summer gas and going down hill most of the way. most of the time combined would be 32-33MPG on summer gas on winter gas 27-31.

Amazed!
By tammielb on 04/19/14 06:52 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I recently purchased the Hyundai Elantra GT...and I love it. I was driving a Lexus RX 350 which had been a wonderful car. But it was 8 years old and time for a replacement. I'm a single mom and a teacher so another Lexus was not in my price range. I researched tons of vehicles trying to find the most for my money and hoping I wouldn't be missing the Lexus. The Elantra was it! The ride, the comfort, the bells and whistles...all of it. I don't miss my Lexus at all. I got it fully loaded and it was totally in my price range. In fact, dare I say it's more fun to drive. A little smaller and zippier around the neighborhood. My 10 and 13 year old boys even like my new car better. :)

Over all great car!
By bkohs on 03/05/14 07:23 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I've been driving my GT for about 5 months now and have just under 3000mi on it. There have been zero mecanical issues as expected for such a new car. My wife was very suprised by me getting this car because I've been into either sprots cars, or SUV's for a while. I eneded up test driving the GT just to pass some time while my wife's car was in for service. Thats all it took for me was one test drive. I came back later that day to trade in my Jeep. I opted for a 6spd manual with the touch and go package which added 17" wheel, keyless entry, push button start, and sport pedals. It also had the homelink mirror which has a nice auto dim feature.

17" Tires Extremely Prone to Damage
By jjbaltimore on 03/03/14 09:27 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Elantra GT 2013 this past October. I loved the panoramic sunroof and got the style package. This included 17" low profile wheels and tires which look great, but BEWARE. Within 3 weeks this winter, average road conditions (meaning lots of potholes) resulted in 3 tires developing 3 sidewall bubbles. This included a tire that had just been replaced. There is an entire forum on this problem with this car and these tires. Read it. http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t35968_ds499866?actionMessages=Your+answer+has+been+posted.

Great Small Family Car
By rem836 on 02/23/14 07:48 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I shopped and shopped and finally decided on the Elantra GT. Main factors in my decision were price and cargo space. I was a bit worried about fitting two car seats in the back seat, but both fit comfortably and the middle cup holder can still flip down...not that I'm going to show that feature to my kids! The car handled well in the winter ice and snow.

dissapointing gas mileage
By tracey17 on 01/28/14 11:04 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This car is reasonably zippy for a small car, although not quite as good as my first impression during the test drives. The fuel economy was a big factor in choosing this car and, in this, I am very dissapointed. I drove a manual 2001 Honda Civic EX for a few years prior and I LOVED that car...plenty of zip and mpg ranged from 32-34. I drove a couple different years of Ford Escape as a company car as well and it was a solid 24mpg. It is a tough MN winter and I am seeing 17-21mpg in this ElantraGT. In the couple months before the snow hit I was still lucky to get 26mpg overall and 32mpg on the highway, even in Eco-mode and being very conscientious about driving conservatively for a week.

love it except ...
By sharoniowa on 01/12/14 16:49 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This car handles well in the snow and ice with impressive lower gears available in the automatic. It's comfortable and attractive.

Push Button Start Not Working
By nothappy2013 on 12/08/13 16:57 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased the 2013 Elantra GT 8/31/13, no start issues until 11/15/13. Very nice vehicle except it will not start daily without pressing the brake and start button multiple times. Stranded once and called Roadside Assistance. They tightened the positive battery terminal. Also stopped at the dealership later the same day and the negative terminal was tightened. Last problem required 19 attempts to start the vehicle, number 20 was the lucky number. A very frustrating problem, dealership tests showed no problems found, certainly something is going on. Second trip to the dealership Tues. 12/10.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT in VA is:

$128 per month*