Used 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Elantra GT model:

My GT
By Jack Accountius

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Has been an excellent car. 63000 miles and has never needed any repair. Live on a dirt road, but this never phased the car. One of the best I have ever driven in ice and snow.

Great Little Car
By Tahoedirt

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I'm single with a medium sized dog- We both love the car. I bought a salvage title (from small accident) and stole this guy at almost half price !! Mine only has 15k miles and I've only driven 1500 of that, so it's early on for a review, but I can't find fault anywhere. There's one detail I'll mention- I like to sit up a little higher and I'm 6-3, so I use a foam pad. I don't like sitting down inside a car and prefer to be on top of things.

A great car
By Nate

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

In my opinion, the 2013 Elantra GT is the perfect commuter car. On average, I drive about 35 to 40 mostly highway miles per day to and from work, and I routinely get about 37 miles per gallon, which is just about as good as it gets for a regular gas engine vehicle. The car handles extremely well in most road conditions; having said that, if snowy conditions make you nervous, you might prefer an AWD vehicle. (For my part, I have never had a problem with it in the snow.) The Hyundai warranty is second to none. The car has been extremely reliable: Mine has over 56,000 miles on it, and have had no issues outside normal maintenance. I just changed the tires for the first time, but that's normal; otherwise, the brakes, clutch, fluid levels, etc. are all in great shape. Basically, if you're looking for a reliable, economical vehicle that is great for daily use either in town or on the highway, I cannot recommend this car highly enough. I plan to keep mine for a long time.

could be wears
By curt

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

not the wears car iv ever owned but i would not recommend i tell people to stay away from 20013 Elantra
mpg is way off what they say gear shifting could be a lot better rear end of car over bumps fells like it lifting off the ground had the car one session and that when the issues started found out in the spring of 2015 the a/c did not work took it to the dealer nothing wrong but needed a recharge could not find the leak work all summer well this spring i noticed it did not work again so i have to take it in still can not find the leak this is just one problem was parked in my drive way one morning found out my car would not start light would come on but engine would not start after 20 mins of trying to find out what was wrong at 6am got made hit the shiftier car starts up ok went to work did this on 7 time the past year well iv decided after reading thing on the internet that Hyundai made [non-permissible content removed] Elantra that year getting read of this car this week shame not even 52000 miles on it

Love my baby ...however...BEWARE OF HANKOOKS!!
By Kimberly B

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I love this car. I have every bell and whistle available. While I feel I got a decent deal compared to original sticker, I was dismayed to find the trade or resale is much less than projected. It is fun to drive, electronics and sound are great. Full sun roof is awesome! Heated leather seat warm uniformly.
The MPG is NOWHERE near what they claim, not matter is driving highway or city. It is apps 7-10 mpg less than they tell you. Blue link is something they don't fill you in on completely. For the full suite of services it runs $300/year. The navigation service thru Blue link is $99/ year and gives no better info than your average smart phone. I have Navi on my touch screen so it adds no value to me. I have the emergency response & vehicle maintenance service $99/yr. My husband bought me the $99 remote start/lock/etc. Worthless. Works from a cell app and no matter if on 4G or Wifi, the service only works 3 out of 10 times and never on a cold snowy day...because the servers are overwhelmed.

BEWARE STOCK HANKOOKS!
My car had 12000 miles and I had 2 sidewall bubbles. I hit nothing. My rims are pristine and my alignment is perfect. I have researched, this is common due to incompatibility with the suspension of the vehicle and the material of these low profile tires and neither Hankook or Hyundai will do anything about it. I was told that I had to upgrade from the 426 to the Venture Noble 2. 5 months later, bubbles in the new sidewalls. So in the 1st year of ownership, I am about to buy tires #5&6. Also, the stock 426's SUCK MAJORLY in rain or ANY snow or ice. The the Venture Noble were not run in snow since only lasted 6 mths. The new tire will be Michelin Premeir AS since this is what other owners have had positive experiences with.

Warranty is good on paper, but be aware that they will try to get out of any and everything at the dealer. They fought with me over window trim that simply flew off of a car that has only been hand washed. I had to create a nuisance on social media for them to pay attention. Also, they try to convince you that you need required service check points. Consult your manual. Most service can be done anywhere with proper recordkeeping. The dealer will try to upsell and make their quotas. Check points are merely selling tactics.

Over all I love my car, but I would have hesitated had I known what I do and asked the right questions. Live and learn. Hope my review helps someone.

UPDATE ****** The Michelin Premeir A/S perform beautifully in pouring rain and ponding roads as well as in snow and ice slush conditions. I have them on the front wheels and the only issues I had were from the hankooks on the rear not grabbing. Upgrading the rear tires to the Michelins. Dismayed that in 2 years this will be the 7th & 8th tires I am putting on. Next time, if I buy a hyundai, tire upgrade will be a mandatory condition of purchase.