A Nice Design With Problems
By lv_poker_guy on
2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
This car is very fuel efficient. I am averaging mid-30MPG City and low-40MPG Hwy. The styling is great. My only disappointment in the styling department was no rear wing. The styling in the SE (with spoiler and blackout grill) is not as nice as the GS. I solved my wing issue by ordering a Kia Forte Koup wing through my Hyundai dealer (same company). Fun to drive, but other problems I have encountered make my whole experience trying. At 5k miles my steering rack failed. The leather on the SE is bad. Luckily there is a long warranty. However, when I needed parts, in one case I had to wait 3 months because it's hard to get parts for the coupe. I would recommend the GS not the SE.
Favorite Features
Exterior Styling, Fuel Economy, Long Warranty
Suggested Improvements
Better Parts Availability, Improved Leather, Same Grill as GS, Rear Wing to Replace Current Spoiler
By lv_poker_guy
on 07/10/14 03:26 AM (PDT)

After another 6 months with the car, I want to add some things. I think I rated "Performance" too high above. Maybe 3 stars because there is no pickup which has been traded off for fuel economy. The wheel/tire combination on the SE are low profile and any slight ding from a curb leaves a large gouge in the wheels because of the thinness of the tires. Another reason for the GS instead of the SE. Finally, my dealer offered me a synthetic oil for oil changes. My gas mileage has suffered 2-3 mpg since I've switched.