I waited for this car - it was worth it.
By speds on
2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I was in the market to replace my 13 year old car but wanted a coupe not a 4 door sedan. None of the coupes currently on the market "wowed" me in terms of style. I find the Honda couple to be too generic looking and Scion Coupe to be too much of a "young boy's" car. I tested both. Neither compared to the ride of the Elantra Coupe. I saw this car at the auto show, I decided to wait for it to be available. While I waited OVER a year, I'm glad I did. It's a nicely styled car that doesn't feel small on the inside, rides nice and is fuel efficient. IT IS NOT a sports car - it doesn't pretend to be either. It's a sporty styled two-door sedan. But it's performance is that of a sedan.
Favorite Features
Having tested the other common coupes on the market, I made the right choice. For the same money I could get A LOT more in terms of options. So I got the full monty - the technology package, leather, etc. I love the Push Button Start, the GPS, Blue tooth, heated seats - those are things I never had before so I feel spoiled LOL! I think the exterior is my favorite though - it's unique and stylish. I'm a very low mileage drive as I walk to Public Transit each day for work so it's a weekend car and I expect to have it for a long time which is why the Hyundai warranty was a selling feature for me also. I love this car. It's fun to drive, it feels "tight" and it's attractive.
Suggested Improvements
It could have a more "get up and go" - but given it's the Elantra motor in a sportier car, I wasn't expecting a high performance motor so it's not upsetting - it just could be a bit "peppier" out of the gate. My old car was a Coupe with a V6 so I'm used a bit more of the stop but I'm no drag racer regardless LOL!