Used 2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Elantra-coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra Coupe model:

A Hidden Gem
By silver_flame01

2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Not sure why there are many bad reviews for this car, but for me this car has been great so far in the half a year I've been driving it. I have the stick shift version and is quite fun to drive, especially with a Magnaflow muffler to give it a "sporty" sound. It almost feels like driving an Acura due to its nice interior design, and doesn't look cheap like the Honda Civic. It has so many technological features (USB port, Bluetooth, Moonroof, controls on the streeting, etc), and a good looking exterior design that it's hard to believe its price. Definitely a bang for your buck. The MPG, eventhough it's not as the EPA estimates, it's still quite good. I am getting an average of 35 MPG

Favorite Features

-Good looking interior and exterior -Technological features -Moon roof -Good gas mileage, averaging 38 MPG on hwy and 35 MPG combined city/hwy, not was stated in the EPA estimates but still better than other cars of its kind. Perhaps I get this high MPG because my car is a manual transmission. -Bang for your buck

Suggested Improvements

A little bit of more acceleration would be nice. Car is a bit slow in accelerating when shifting from 1st to 2nd year.

Not as expected
By idaho_sparkles

2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe GS 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle expecting wonderful gas mileage and a reliable vehicle. Considering it is less than a year old, reliability is not an issue. It looks nice, drives decently, is comfortable, and I can't complain too much based on the price. My gas mileage during the winter is around 20mpg. 25mpg if I am lucky. If you play music off of your phone via Bluetooth, you have to crank up both volumes all the way to hear it decently (no, I don't blast my ears off). When it is the slightest bit cold the front window fogs! During the spring, fall, and winter I always have to have heat on the front window so it doesn't fog up on me. Lastly, there is no spare tire.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats Nice looking Bluetooth calling Steering wheel controls

Suggested Improvements

Need, need, need a spare tire included. That kit is junk if you hit a porcupine. I called customer service and they stated that is what the road assistance is for. Okay, let me walk 50 miles to the nearest cell signal, in the middle of Idaho, so I can call for help (all hoping that I don't freeze or dehydrate).

A Nice Design With Problems
By lv_poker_guy

2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car is very fuel efficient. I am averaging mid-30MPG City and low-40MPG Hwy. The styling is great. My only disappointment in the styling department was no rear wing. The styling in the SE (with spoiler and blackout grill) is not as nice as the GS. I solved my wing issue by ordering a Kia Forte Koup wing through my Hyundai dealer (same company). Fun to drive, but other problems I have encountered make my whole experience trying. At 5k miles my steering rack failed. The leather on the SE is bad. Luckily there is a long warranty. However, when I needed parts, in one case I had to wait 3 months because it's hard to get parts for the coupe. I would recommend the GS not the SE.

Favorite Features

Exterior Styling, Fuel Economy, Long Warranty

Suggested Improvements

Better Parts Availability, Improved Leather, Same Grill as GS, Rear Wing to Replace Current Spoiler

Don't Buy
By citrushtsgirl

2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe GS PZEV 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

These cars look nice, and are still being sold as gas saving cars. They are not unless you only drive on the Highway.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the cars to match the gas ratings you sell them at!

Nice car for the money
By john_doe_wny

2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe GS PZEV 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I have only had my car a few days but I'm very happy with it. I bought it for the looks, warranty and gas mileage...it is very quiet and handles great. Large trunk but no spare...

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, warranty, looks, hands free phone...

Suggested Improvements

Make it so I don't have to use my parking lights if I want my day time running lights on...other than that I'm good.