Probably Best in Class
By romil01 on
2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)
In a class that includes cars such as the Toyota Avalon, Nissan Maxima, and Buick LaCrosse, the Azera is probably the best. I leased a 2013 Azera with Tech in Feb and have put about 2,500 miles on the car so far. The car is amazing, especially compared to the 2011 Sonata GLS base model I upgraded from. The base model Azera comes standard with features that you have to get pricey options packages on the competitors in order to have. The Tech package adds a lot of cool features as well. This car is very nice to drive and it stands out visually when placed next to its competitors. There aren't very many Azeras on the road so it is also relatively unique.
Favorite Features
Exterior/interior are both beautiful. The quality of the leather is significantly better than any of the competition, including the 2013 Lexus ES350. The interior has a very sharp, modern look to it and all the controls are intuitive to use. Decent straight-line acceleration and gets good mileage for a nearly 300 HP car. I have been averaging 28 MPG (I do about 75% of my driving on the highway at 75 MPH). The panoramic sunroof is great and really makes the car feel massive inside. The upgraded Infinity speakers on the Tech package are exceptionally clear and loud, with good bass response. The interior/trunk are spacious. Interior/exterior LEDs at night are awesome looking.
Suggested Improvements
Front styling of the car needs to be differentiated a bit more from the Sonata. The touch nav is slow to respond (I frequently have to tap the same button a few times) and the fingerprints are ugly. A control knob near the shifter (similar to German brands) would be better. The steering and chassis could be tuned to better compete with sportier offerings in the segment (Maxima). While the interior is great, there are still some hard plastics on the dash that shouldn't be in a car at this price. The two key fobs are identical...i.e. if my wife has been driving using her fob and I get in using my fob, I still have to hit the memory position on the door to move the seat to my position.