Used 2013 Hyundai Azera Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Azera Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 6-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )

Very comfortable to ride, but not to drive
By abjee

2013 Hyundai Azera Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned this car for 2 months, and mostly drive it in the foothills of Smoky Mts. The car drives firm. At low speeds it instills a sense of confidence. The ride quality is one of the best – quiet and very comfortable, suited best as a family sedan. But some glaring shortcomings in driving experience show up in hilly roads. The car drives and steers sluggish in the “ECO/Automatic ” modes. In the “Sports/ Manual ” mode, the car is somewhat more fun to drive. Yet, Azera is best suited as chauffer-driven limo, where one can enjoy astounding rear-seat comfort, fantastic leather, and the panorama of the sunroof, and forget the shortcomings in the driving experience.

Panoramic sunroof, upscale leather, sexy looks, power and feel of the V6 Engine, very quiet interior, extremely comfortable ride, Sports mode (in Manual Transmission), interior and trunk space, sunshades, uniform heated and cooled seats, strong AC, beautiful sounding stereo with crisp bass. Good brakes. Highway and city ride quality is overall fantastic. The Xenon headlamps are good for dark forested roads.

Drive quality in hilly areas and winding roads is bad. Steering is very heavy, tight, and has a tendency to very quickly return into central position if not tightly held. It also has a lot of understeer built into it. Result: Unsafe on winding hilly roads and hands get fatigued after an hour. Hankook tires are noisy and not the best dry-grip. Sluggish transmission shift becomes glaring, especially on hilly roads. Additionally, the car has an appalling ride and handling quality on gravel, probably the worst of all cars I have driven. No full-size spare.

Loving my Azera!
By bluebird79

2013 Hyundai Azera Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car! I have the Smoke Grey Metallic w/ tech pkg. You rarely see it on the street unlike the Sonata which is everywhere. It's so much car for the money, perfect for business or a night out on the town. Loads of room and I am so glad that they included a 40/60 folding back seat as this does come in handy for those of us with kids. The leather is beautiful and the heated seats are great. Now for the critique: for a car of this price you should not have to subscribe to a service for remote start period Hyundai really dropped the ball with this one; it should be standard period! Also at 2500 miles I am still not getting the advertised mileage but I am getting closer.

My favorite features are the panoramic sunroof, XM radio, Bluetooth for hands-free talking and audio streaming, the wonderful space and posh look of the interior.

Remote start should be standard and free and not a service that you have to subscribe to for the life of your car which becomes ridiculously expensive.

Unexpected Find
By chazjonathan

2013 Hyundai Azera Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Was in the market for a Cadillac, we test drove and was very disappointed in the ride of the vehicle. Owned several Hyundai's in the past and currently own two. None of the cars we owned ever given us any major problems. We to car lot to look at Santa Fe's, Tucson's, and Sonata's when we discovered the Azera. I have always thought that the Azera's were priced in the same category as the Genesis. Long story short love the look, style, and comfort of this vehicle. And it made my wife smile which was the number one reason I Love it..

Everything!! It is fully loaded with all the bells and whistles...

Adaptive Cruise would be nice and rain sensing wipers would be a plus..

Great Valued Sedan
By driver335

2013 Hyundai Azera Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I just bought a 2013 Hyundai Azera after coming from a Nissan dealer, test driving their Maxima. We are old Nissan owners and have owned two Altimas, two Maximas, and two Infinity G35's. This new Azera reminds us of the Infinity G35 Sport Sedan we bought in 2004, except it has many more features. The Bluetooth and stereo are awesome. The interior room and the leather seating are great. We highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a great sedan at a great price that is comparable to a Lexus or BMW or Cadillac.

Bluetooth hands free commands, navigation system, stereo, key fobs with push button starting, exterior & interior styling, exterior & interior colors, seat controls, one-push auto windows.

None that I can think of.

From a practical enthusiast...
By tman27

2013 Hyundai Azera Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I have no desire to race my car from stoplight to stoplight. I have no desire to zip thru canyons as fast as possible. I DO like to have ample power for typical driving situations (highway passing, merging, etc.). I DO appreciate a car that handles well. This car delivers on all fronts. Typically, I drive the speed limit +5mph in the city, and +8 to 10mph on the highway. Driving I-10 to LA westbound (against the wind) at an average of 80mph I observe 25 to 27mpg. Eastbound (with the wind) I see 29 to 30. Practical mileage with ample power, luxury, and incredible sound system to boot. Love this car. Side note: big guy 6'2", long legs, 250lbs and completely comfortable for long trips.

Cooled seats, comfort, power, handling, sound system. Economy is a bonus for me. Panoramic roof was not a personal requirement, but I find myself using it all the time... it is really nice and I can't imagine buying a car with a smaller "old school" sunroof from now on. I like that the sunroof exterior is easy to keep clean with a good glass cleaner and I think it makes the car look much more expensive. My hope is that long-term, the sunroof will "wear" better than paint for cars exposed in the Arizona sun.

Voice recognition and navigation system software seem to kinda suck. While the voice recognition itself seems to recognize my voice fine... it is verbose with pauses: Me: "Call name" Car: "blah blah blah, something " Me: "" Car: "Do you want to call ?" Me: "Yes" OMG... Siri is so much smarter and I can call someone with one verbal statement. I find myself using Siri on my iPhone to initiate calls. Fortunately, the Hyundai Bluetooth system picks up the call once the phone starts dialing. Their voice navigation system DESPERATELY needs a "Search by POI Name" function. I can only voice search by "Nearest POI" or "Address."