Used 2013 Hyundai Azera Sedan Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Azera Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Azera Sedan

Base 3.3L V6 6-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )

Bought First Hyundai in US. Hyundai's Ever Since
By Jim Stevens

2013 Hyundai Azera Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I and my family have owned Hyundai's for over 29 years. That's right "FOR OVER 29 YEARS. Hyundai entered the U.S. market in 1986 with the introduction of its subcompact Excel. Our family has bought and enjoyed every Hyundai we have purchased since that time. We have owned over 8 Hyundai's since their conception in the United States. Long story short, 'ALL' have performed exceptionally well with minimal and or no repair required. They have improved exceptionally over the years and in my opinion, Hyundai is one of the best keep secrets in the automotive industry and one of the best vehicles on the road today. All of us are committed to Hyundai and will but nothing else.

As far as my current vehicle, the 2013 Azera, 'FANTASTIC' . Friends of ours have had their Chevy' s and Fords in the shop multiple times for repairs. Not our Hyundai's.

I hate this car
By Jay Skousen

2013 Hyundai Azera Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is probably the 15th car I have owned and I have had only a few clunkers, but this one takes the cake. It is not the "big" issues, I have not had any mechanical issues, but it is the little things. If I can recall them, they are:
> The placement of the power seat controls are on the doors near the C(?) pillar so that in order for either the driver or passenger to recline the seat or move it all the way to the rear you have to maintain a sit up until the operation is done. Ditto when you want to return the seat to its normal position, a sit up is needed.
> The GPS is difficult to program, and it has a tendency to take you on strange routes, going from our home to my daughters in Dallas the last 20 miles it had us on narrow two lane roads when there were major 4 lanes and decent two lanes available, and it would have been shorter, faster. Even on moderately near destinations, 50 miles or so, it has a tendency to misdirect you right as you near the destination, it has had us turn West when we should have gone East on X road just a half mile from the destination. A terrible terrible system. It does not show the roads you are coming upon either. I suppose it does tell you many POIs such as rest areas, but I would have had to take out the manual to find out how, gads this bloody thing has at least 3, yes 3, manuals! The piece de resistance though is that in most cars with the GPS factory installed have a hood surrounding it so the glare from the sun is minimized. Not this car, there are times during a sunny day one cannot see the display.
> The sound system has an awesome sound I believe it has 12 speakers, an infinity system. BUT, it is not intuitive on how to program stations you want to save. It is nice to be able to save, what is it 18 stations per band, BUT, when you push the steering wheel control to move to the next station it only allows the six stations shown. To get to the others you have to take your eyes off the road to select the next 6 and so on. On my GMC it flows from channel to channel and once you have gone through all the channels you can reverse. I will say though, the saving grace is the voice command. It works well. (I never did figure out how to instruct it to get directions via the GPS, I only used it to find me a station to listen to).
> I have heated and cooling seats in the front and to heater work fine, but after the first summer season the cooling seats for the driver were minimally effective, I could live with it, but when I first got the car it made me cold, not now, though I am comfortable but gee.
> I lived in the Detroit area for nearly 40 years and learned to drive there. I was livid to find out that I had wheel locks placed on the car. Not one, not one person I know anywhere has lost a wheel to thieves, not in Detroit or here in Ohio where I now live. The key was gone when I first went for a rotation and was asked for the key, I was nonplussed. I had to order a key for $15, and could not buy new lug nuts as in the infinite wisdom of Hyundai the lug nuts are not a standard size I had to have the dealer replace the lug nuts for another 20. This is not an option I would tout if I were them. Can you imagine your spouse having a tire issue anywhere and not being able to take your wheel/tire off because it is locked? Whew!
> It seems to that Hyundai has an issue wherein you press on the gas and the car thinks for 3-4 seconds before it responds. Drives me nuts, and of course the dealer comes back, "it is normal we find nothing wrong" I compained 3 times. I have driven for nearly 40 years and have owned multiple cars and vans. My brother worked at GM in engines as an engineer, this is not normal. I am not a fool.

I expected this to be the last car I would buy as I am now in my 60s. but I am going to get rid of this damn thing and buy something else. I am sure there is other issues, for instance I do not like the keyless entry and start feature, but my wife does. The big issue for me is that when I am exiting the car and press the lock button if I am still coming out it will not lock. I don't like that, but my wife has no problem so i mention it but it really is not too big an issue.

My other Mercedes Benz
By Frank Anthony

2013 Hyundai Azera Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

After owning 3 Mercedes E-Class sedans, we bought this car for $22,000 less and after driving it for 2 years and 24,000 miles I say it is better than the Mercedes. It doesn't cost $2000 per year to maintain. Doesn't need new brake pads at 23,000 miles and tires at 30,000 miles and on and on.

Great Buy!!
By heicel Rodriguez

2013 Hyundai Azera Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Best choice and Hidden Hyundai jewel. My car has nothing TO ENVY to the expensive make and models out there. It it's fully equipped and handles great.

Great MPG, luxury for less, awesome stereo
By Adam

2013 Hyundai Azera Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I buy new cars about every 2 to 3 years, i get bored with them, i have had Lexus, BMW, Infiniti, Honda and Toyotas all good cars but nothing more, but the 2013 Azera had the look, paint color, nice looking wheels, plenty of leg room and back seat has a lot of room for adults not just kids, consistent mpg 21 city and 30 to 32 on interstate i normally set my cruise 5 above limit and leave it, a V6 with great passing power and merging is a breeze always has plenty of get up and go power very smooth six speed auto transmission never wanders looking for gears like my last Lexus did, the heated and cooled seats are great and work awesome also has rear heated seats that my kids love, what sold me on car was the Infinity car stereo plenty of bass and clear crisp music 550 watts sounds are amazing that come from this stereo satellite radio is works great unlike some past cars, and the quiet interior and great ride also surprised me, only thing that really bugged me is the fact that remote start is not on a $40,000 car, and have to pay over $300 a year for bluelink if i want remote start from a phone. The panoramic moon roof is very nice i never liked moon roofs before always thought they were to small but on this Azera its huge. The Navigation is a clear crisp picture not grainy like most, easy to use and read, the bluetooth for phone is very easy to use and setup. The trunk has enough room for 2 full size suit cases, 2 kids suit cases and a full size cooler and still have room in trunk. I have not noticed any difference in fuel octanes 87 or 91 engine always runs smooth and same mpg, unlike other cars i have had that say 87 octane is ok to use but run better and smoother on 91, I never thought i would ever drive or buy a Hyundai but dont knock it till you at least drive it, before i bought the Azera i test drove 2013 Lincoln MKZ and MKS, 2014 Lexus ES350, Infiniti m series, 2012 and 2013 Toyota Avalon, 2012 Nissan Maxima, 2012 Acura TL, 2013 Accord V6, 2014 Impala LTZ, and fell in love with a Azera features and comforts.