Used 2013 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 6-speed Automatic - (12 reviews )

Great MPG, luxury for less, awesome stereo
By Adam

2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I buy new cars about every 2 to 3 years, i get bored with them, i have had Lexus, BMW, Infiniti, Honda and Toyotas all good cars but nothing more, but the 2013 Azera had the look, paint color, nice looking wheels, plenty of leg room and back seat has a lot of room for adults not just kids, consistent mpg 21 city and 30 to 32 on interstate i normally set my cruise 5 above limit and leave it, a V6 with great passing power and merging is a breeze always has plenty of get up and go power very smooth six speed auto transmission never wanders looking for gears like my last Lexus did, the heated and cooled seats are great and work awesome also has rear heated seats that my kids love, what sold me on car was the Infinity car stereo plenty of bass and clear crisp music 550 watts sounds are amazing that come from this stereo satellite radio is works great unlike some past cars, and the quiet interior and great ride also surprised me, only thing that really bugged me is the fact that remote start is not on a $40,000 car, and have to pay over $300 a year for bluelink if i want remote start from a phone. The panoramic moon roof is very nice i never liked moon roofs before always thought they were to small but on this Azera its huge. The Navigation is a clear crisp picture not grainy like most, easy to use and read, the bluetooth for phone is very easy to use and setup. The trunk has enough room for 2 full size suit cases, 2 kids suit cases and a full size cooler and still have room in trunk. I have not noticed any difference in fuel octanes 87 or 91 engine always runs smooth and same mpg, unlike other cars i have had that say 87 octane is ok to use but run better and smoother on 91, I never thought i would ever drive or buy a Hyundai but dont knock it till you at least drive it, before i bought the Azera i test drove 2013 Lincoln MKZ and MKS, 2014 Lexus ES350, Infiniti m series, 2012 and 2013 Toyota Avalon, 2012 Nissan Maxima, 2012 Acura TL, 2013 Accord V6, 2014 Impala LTZ, and fell in love with a Azera features and comforts.

My Azera has really changed my opinion of Hyundai!
By Ben

2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I were in the market for a new car. We looked at Maximas, Fusions, Camrys, Avalons, etc... and could never find a car that we absolutely fell in love with. I mentioned a Hyundai Genesis that I'd driven as a rental while traveling for business. We decided to give Hyundai a look, but wasn't really expecting much. We found the Azera and were instantly blown away by every detail! This tech package car has it all....sleek/sporty looks, plenty of room for a family of 4 (was very surprised by how much space the interior has), premium leather, Infinity sound system, Bluetooth tech package/navigation system, panoramic sunroof, power back glass shade, great power heated AND cooled seats. While all this was nice, we needed something that would be economical. To our surprise, we are able to get anywhere from 26 to 30mpg in this! Plus, this car drives like a sports car! If you haven't tried one, you are DEFINITELY missing out!!!

Very comfortable to ride, but not to drive
By abjee

2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned this car for 2 months, and mostly drive it in the foothills of Smoky Mts. The car drives firm. At low speeds it instills a sense of confidence. The ride quality is one of the best – quiet and very comfortable, suited best as a family sedan. But some glaring shortcomings in driving experience show up in hilly roads. The car drives and steers sluggish in the “ECO/Automatic ” modes. In the “Sports/ Manual ” mode, the car is somewhat more fun to drive. Yet, Azera is best suited as chauffer-driven limo, where one can enjoy astounding rear-seat comfort, fantastic leather, and the panorama of the sunroof, and forget the shortcomings in the driving experience.

Panoramic sunroof, upscale leather, sexy looks, power and feel of the V6 Engine, very quiet interior, extremely comfortable ride, Sports mode (in Manual Transmission), interior and trunk space, sunshades, uniform heated and cooled seats, strong AC, beautiful sounding stereo with crisp bass. Good brakes. Highway and city ride quality is overall fantastic. The Xenon headlamps are good for dark forested roads.

Drive quality in hilly areas and winding roads is bad. Steering is very heavy, tight, and has a tendency to very quickly return into central position if not tightly held. It also has a lot of understeer built into it. Result: Unsafe on winding hilly roads and hands get fatigued after an hour. Hankook tires are noisy and not the best dry-grip. Sluggish transmission shift becomes glaring, especially on hilly roads. Additionally, the car has an appalling ride and handling quality on gravel, probably the worst of all cars I have driven. No full-size spare.

Loving my Azera!
By bluebird79

2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car! I have the Smoke Grey Metallic w/ tech pkg. You rarely see it on the street unlike the Sonata which is everywhere. It's so much car for the money, perfect for business or a night out on the town. Loads of room and I am so glad that they included a 40/60 folding back seat as this does come in handy for those of us with kids. The leather is beautiful and the heated seats are great. Now for the critique: for a car of this price you should not have to subscribe to a service for remote start period Hyundai really dropped the ball with this one; it should be standard period! Also at 2500 miles I am still not getting the advertised mileage but I am getting closer.

My favorite features are the panoramic sunroof, XM radio, Bluetooth for hands-free talking and audio streaming, the wonderful space and posh look of the interior.

Remote start should be standard and free and not a service that you have to subscribe to for the life of your car which becomes ridiculously expensive.

Unexpected Find
By chazjonathan

2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Was in the market for a Cadillac, we test drove and was very disappointed in the ride of the vehicle. Owned several Hyundai's in the past and currently own two. None of the cars we owned ever given us any major problems. We to car lot to look at Santa Fe's, Tucson's, and Sonata's when we discovered the Azera. I have always thought that the Azera's were priced in the same category as the Genesis. Long story short love the look, style, and comfort of this vehicle. And it made my wife smile which was the number one reason I Love it..

Everything!! It is fully loaded with all the bells and whistles...

Adaptive Cruise would be nice and rain sensing wipers would be a plus..