Did I really just buy an Azera? It's the 8th wonder of the world!
By zoomzoomguy on
2012 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)
First off we have found ourselves only buying German cars as far back as I can remember. I bought 3 new Mercedes and 2 new BMWs and really was a bit of a snob when it came to the Hyundai brand. I told my friends my criteria for the new car that I wanted to buy and they told me I HAD to at least test drive the Azera. It came down to another 3 series, the new Lexus ES350, the Maxima, a Ford Taurus and a comparably equipped Buick. Hyundai was my last test drive and I knew it was the car for me and bought it on the spot. The tech in this car is nothing short of amazing and I felt so responsible for the first time after buying a car.
Favorite Features
The free iPhone app that allows me to do a remote start unlocks my car, lock my car and flash the lights and the horns of I lost my car in a large parking lot. I love the quiet interior and all of the technology that they packed into this car with Blue Link via myhyundai.com. Did you know there was something called a Geo-Fence that allowed you to control the distance the car could drive from your home (think teenagers) or the top speed and even the hours of operation by the day of the week? Absolutely amazing!
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see a little better performance out of this 293HP car from 0-60. I have seen some publications state 6.6 and if that is correct it is much too slow. I have seen another that stated 6.2 but it should be a 6.0 sec or under car to 60.
By zoomzoomguy
on 07/06/12 16:09 PM (PDT)

Update to my post now that I have a full tank and a trip to UT under my belt. I used the Eco-mode and got 30mph doing about 80 mph from Irvine all the way to Zion National Park in Utah. When I arrived and fill the tank it only took 14 gals! My goad for the trip was to see if I could get the 28 mpg they said it sound get so 30 was pretty cool. I love the Nav and it works beautifully but I do wish it has a few features I ws use to using such as telling you the speed limit for the road you are on and your altitude. An option for your exact long/lat would be nice too but those other 2 features would be great and I miss having them. I am not sure how they treated the windows but there is much less UV light coming into the car and I find myself not needing my perscription Maui Jims to battle the UV rays. Its also very nice that the car only needs 87 octane since all of the other cars I have owned require premium. The car on uneven roads at speed in the turns can get a little challenging as the car does like to float and hunt around on the road a little more than I am use too. I will need to check the tire pressure because its acting like the tires might be over inflated by about 6+ pounds. Seats are nothing short of amazing and after spending 7 hours in them I feel great (not so in the Taurus).