2012 Azera with Tech
By samborambo1 on
2012 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)
It has been a week since i picked up the new Azera and so far it has been a pleasant experience. I have only purchased Japanese premium brands until now. I was looking for a large sedan or a CUV (I have a two year old boy) for greater space for the family. I looked into Avalon, Edge, Explorer, Venza, etc but none of these cars could even come close to matching the amenities and the build quality that of the new Azera. I have to give it to the hyundai for vastly improving and becoming one of the market leaders in many areas including build quality, warranty, reliability, etc. Overall I am quite satisified with the purchase.
Favorite Features
Very good MPG for such a large car (it's the biggest interior space for cars in its class, large family sedan), as long as you drive sensibly. Bluetooth music streaming from your iphone/smartphone without cable (play straight from your pocket), side window shades (manual, but we love it to shield my kid from the sun when he naps during long trips), rear power shade (this is not found on many luxury cars, panormic sun roof (it's HUGE, and I love the way the cover opens, like parting of the red sea)
Suggested Improvements
I wish Hyundia did not strip down the Korean version to make the American version. The Korean version has much more luxury and amenity items that I think should be on the American version (adaptive cruise, forward 180 degree camera, more intricate seat adjustment system, better and bigger navigation, and much more tech items) but they do charge 10000 dollar more for it over there. I am sure they will include some of it over the next few years throughout its model life.