Used 2012 Hyundai Azera Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Azera Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Hyundai Azera Sedan

Base 3.3L V6 6-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )

2012 Hyundai Azera
By Michael G

2012 Hyundai Azera Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this used 2012 Azera just a week ago. I have only had this car a week and I absolutely love it. I am probably driving my friends crazy with that look at my new toy, look at it, lets drive somewhere attitude. Before the Azera I owned a 2005 Hyundai Sonata GLS which I bought in 2006. I loved that car and did my best to give it the TLC a car needs and it has lasted and lasted and still turned heads. But I was more than ready for a newer car with updated amenities and the 2012-2014 Azera model Really captured me. Also I never see this model and trim on the road which made me want it all the more. This car is simply gorgeous in every way its Pearl white with the black glass top and 19 inch wheels and a camel leather interior. I love the lines, the curves and the sharpness of the interior and exterior. I am over the moon with this one. Its super comfortable and very roomy. I'm 6'2" as I sit in the driver seat I then get out and sit in the back seat to see how another tall person would feel, it sit has ample leg room. I love everything about my 2012 Hyundai Azera Special Edition. My only complaint is the GPS/voice command isn't very user friendly, but perhaps I'm just not doing something right, I have only had it for a week.

Love the car - but......
By dispatchn

2012 Hyundai Azera Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Everything everyone else writes is correct and I don't have any complaints about this car except....

There will be times when I put the car in drive or reverse and all of a sudden it gives a VIOLENT jolt as if you were just hit by another car. Its rather scary.

I found where a few others have posted online about this but unable to figure out the problem. The also gave me a loaner and it also did the JOLT.

Please comment if you have experienced this in your car, once or more.

I took the car into the dealership and they have been unable to trace the cause of the problem, and Hyuandai also shows nothing in their records of this problem. TRUST ME, it exists -

Comfort of seats and softness of leather

Allow the mood blue lights to change colors, similar to what Ford has. Rims stick out past tires, so you scuff them way more than rims that have the tires sticking out over them.

We could not be more happy with our choice
By bucca1

2012 Hyundai Azera Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

We have been thoroughly please with our Azera.
I have not had a car that I love to drive like this one.
We love just going for rides.
This thing is fast!! and if we want to take it easy on freeway on 300 mile trips we get 30 to 32 mpg.
Our overall average is 22 with city, freeway, going easy and punching for fun moments.
Seats are way way comfortable.
My wife loves how the passenger seats automatically adjusts to any height or position she wants.
I am 6' 3" and she is 5' 4".
our other car when she is in passenger seat sits way below me.
Like below I could go on.
We simply could not be more pleased.

Where do I start.... Feel of leather, seats are so comfortable, only need to stop on long road trips is to empty the bladder, extremely quiet, car is great looking, drivers seat extends under your thighs, inside and outside lighting, cooled seats, GPS ease of use and guidance, back up camera style, sun screen in back window and rear windows, panoramic roof, sun roof is quiet and useable too many sun roofs are noisy and it looks cool when open!, you rarely see Azera's on the road (not everyone has one like so many other models), they don't rent this model to rental companies, the list goes on..........

Blind spot warning in side mirrors

This car will convert Hyundai snobs!
By larryhat1

2012 Hyundai Azera Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I just turned 5,000 miles on my new 2012 Azera and I love it more every day!
This is the best entry level luxury car there is.
The body design, coupled with the lighting screams nothing but class.
Premium comfort comes from within on this car.
The controls are laid out very well, and the all around the cabin accent lighting in a nice touch.
Plush seating is very important to me and this ride has it in spades.
Being that you can get all that for well under $40k, it is an unbelievable buy!
Lastly, on a trip from Virginia to Texas using only interstate highways, I averaged 33 mpg!

Luxury feel. Body design Fuel economy for a large car Tech package was well thought out

None that I can think of.

Can't beat the value for the price!
By go4it2

2012 Hyundai Azera Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Impressive roominess in the cabin with far better seats then the over price would suggest. Nice comfortable ride with MPGs to spare.

Love the camera, the instant MPG/distance to refuel/avg speed/etc...telemetrics. Beautiful sound out of the "basic" stereo, not bad MPG around town with wonderful results on the interstate. It looks Great just sitting in the driveway too!

I love almost everything about this new '12 Azera except the navigational system. Please just throw that GPS system in the trash and start over again. It couldn't be made any more complicated if they had tried and why are the maps out of date on a brand new car? I guess Hyundai has its reasons. The dealership agreed that they are out of date, but doesn't know why or seem to care when asked.