Used 2012 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

2012 Hyundai Azera

Base 3.3L V6 6-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )

Love the car - but......
By dispatchn

2012 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Everything everyone else writes is correct and I don't have any complaints about this car except.... There will be times when I put the car in drive or reverse and all of a sudden it gives a VIOLENT jolt as if you were just hit by another car. Its rather scary. I found where a few others have posted online about this but unable to figure out the problem. The also gave me a loaner and it also did the JOLT. Please comment if you have experienced this in your car, once or more. I took the car into the dealership and they have been unable to trace the cause of the problem, and Hyuandai also shows nothing in their records of this problem. TRUST ME, it exists -

Favorite Features

Comfort of seats and softness of leather

Suggested Improvements

Allow the mood blue lights to change colors, similar to what Ford has. Rims stick out past tires, so you scuff them way more than rims that have the tires sticking out over them.

We could not be more happy with our choice
By bucca1

2012 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

We have been thoroughly please with our Azera. I have not had a car that I love to drive like this one. We love just going for rides. This thing is fast!! and if we want to take it easy on freeway on 300 mile trips we get 30 to 32 mpg. Our overall average is 22 with city, freeway, going easy and punching for fun moments. Seats are way way comfortable. My wife loves how the passenger seats automatically adjusts to any height or position she wants. I am 6' 3" and she is 5' 4". our other car when she is in passenger seat sits way below me. Like below I could go on. We simply could not be more pleased.

Favorite Features

Where do I start.... Feel of leather, seats are so comfortable, only need to stop on long road trips is to empty the bladder, extremely quiet, car is great looking, drivers seat extends under your thighs, inside and outside lighting, cooled seats, GPS ease of use and guidance, back up camera style, sun screen in back window and rear windows, panoramic roof, sun roof is quiet and useable too many sun roofs are noisy and it looks cool when open!, you rarely see Azera's on the road (not everyone has one like so many other models), they don't rent this model to rental companies, the list goes on..........

Suggested Improvements

Blind spot warning in side mirrors

This car will convert Hyundai snobs!
By larryhat1

2012 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I just turned 5,000 miles on my new 2012 Azera and I love it more every day! This is the best entry level luxury car there is. The body design, coupled with the lighting screams nothing but class. Premium comfort comes from within on this car. The controls are laid out very well, and the all around the cabin accent lighting in a nice touch. Plush seating is very important to me and this ride has it in spades. Being that you can get all that for well under $40k, it is an unbelievable buy! Lastly, on a trip from Virginia to Texas using only interstate highways, I averaged 33 mpg!

Favorite Features

Luxury feel. Body design Fuel economy for a large car Tech package was well thought out

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of.

Can't beat the value for the price!
By go4it2

2012 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Impressive roominess in the cabin with far better seats then the over price would suggest. Nice comfortable ride with MPGs to spare.

Favorite Features

Love the camera, the instant MPG/distance to refuel/avg speed/etc...telemetrics. Beautiful sound out of the "basic" stereo, not bad MPG around town with wonderful results on the interstate. It looks Great just sitting in the driveway too!

Suggested Improvements

I love almost everything about this new '12 Azera except the navigational system. Please just throw that GPS system in the trash and start over again. It couldn't be made any more complicated if they had tried and why are the maps out of date on a brand new car? I guess Hyundai has its reasons. The dealership agreed that they are out of date, but doesn't know why or seem to care when asked.

Did I really just buy an Azera? It's the 8th wonder of the world!
By zoomzoomguy

2012 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

First off we have found ourselves only buying German cars as far back as I can remember. I bought 3 new Mercedes and 2 new BMWs and really was a bit of a snob when it came to the Hyundai brand. I told my friends my criteria for the new car that I wanted to buy and they told me I HAD to at least test drive the Azera. It came down to another 3 series, the new Lexus ES350, the Maxima, a Ford Taurus and a comparably equipped Buick. Hyundai was my last test drive and I knew it was the car for me and bought it on the spot. The tech in this car is nothing short of amazing and I felt so responsible for the first time after buying a car.

Favorite Features

The free iPhone app that allows me to do a remote start unlocks my car, lock my car and flash the lights and the horns of I lost my car in a large parking lot. I love the quiet interior and all of the technology that they packed into this car with Blue Link via myhyundai.com. Did you know there was something called a Geo-Fence that allowed you to control the distance the car could drive from your home (think teenagers) or the top speed and even the hours of operation by the day of the week? Absolutely amazing!

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see a little better performance out of this 293HP car from 0-60. I have seen some publications state 6.6 and if that is correct it is much too slow. I have seen another that stated 6.2 but it should be a 6.0 sec or under car to 60.