Used 2011 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Acceleration hesitation and surges
By geonar

2011 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Driven 1000 miles, to dealer twice, this time 11-days and counting for this hesitation, then surge acceleration problem, when tuning and/or traveling in stop and go traffic, have to drive 1 foot on brake to control surge acceleration. Hyundai Corp Engrs working with Dealers Techs to resolve. TPMS indicator light has been on since new still an issue. Parts were obtained from Korea is concerning. Consider this acceleration problem major safety issue. Suggest if test-driving an Azera Limited; satisfy yourself of the drivability while maneuvering when slightly accelerating at speeds below about 15MPH. Own a Santa Fe Limited with all options, ranks one of the best cars I ever owned, this is

Suggested Improvements

Make sure that when changing a transmission from 5-speeds to 6-speeds that dealers techs have all error codes and have parts readily available in USA

Most overlooked car in the US market
By Bob

2011 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I had never heard of the Azera until a friend of mine with a Genesis let me drive it. I was impressed and went to the dealer to check them out, but the one thing I didn't like was RWD--thus a test drive of the Azera. It was the last of seven cars I test-drove and turned out to be just what I wanted & thousands of dollars less than I was willing to pay. All the cars I drove were either German or Japanese. My second choice was the Avalon, but didn't think it met my needs like the Azera. My Azera now has over 1000 miles on it & am truly amazed at the quality for the price. It's not often the least expensive is my favorite. It is a far superior car to the Buick I used to drive.

Favorite Features

Front wheel drive, very quiet, smooth, lots of interior room (I'm 6'2" and 215), great warranty, folding mirrors and quick/responsive engine.

Suggested Improvements

Would like a push button starter.

My best car
By BERNIE

2011 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My last cars before my azeras were Jaguar & Lexus. I just traded my 2009 azera limited for 2011 limited. I liked the 2009 so much that I wanted another. The 2011 is even smoother & faster with the 6 speed transmission. The trade in value was excellent & I am very happy. This is more of an automobile than the jag & Lexus could hope to be, and for thousands less. I test drove the sonata & Genesis. The sonata was too small & the Genesis is not as smooth & comfortable as the azera. The azera is just the finest car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Electric folding mirrors for the garage. Lots of power & very quiet engine. You have to look at tach sometimes to know if engine is even running.

Suggested Improvements

Improve lighting inside trunk. All cars need this. Relocate speaker from inside top of trunk. It blocks luggage & reduces space.

Great car
By arthur

2011 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Had a 2006 new azera and loved it. traded it in at 40,000 miles for the 2011. and i love the 2011 even better. took a 160 mile trip and averaged 30.2 miles per gallon. i have the nav. package and xm Sirius radio. everything is working beautiful. I'm just surprised there aren't more being sold. i must admit i came close to buying the 2011 sonata but went back to the azera and am not sorry although the sonata was just as beautiful.

Favorite Features

nav. and xm sirius radio along with the great mileage.

Suggested Improvements

should have a power express passenger window as my 2006 azera had. that's about it.

Nice car!
By Jack

2011 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought this car. Haven't driven much yet, but so far, we love it! It is very stylish, and I like that I haven't seen another on the road. Roomy, fun to drive. Lots of pick- up. Mine is loaded, so all the gadgets are very neat, especially the pop up rear window shade!

Favorite Features

Pop up rear window shade, programmable seat settings, telescopic power steering wheel, wood grain interior, headrests that go in and out, along with up and down.

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be a little more comfortable and a tad bit wider (for this large lady).