2009 Hyundai Azera Consumer Review: Few Faults With This One

2009 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Review

Limited Sedan (3.8L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Few Faults With This One
By Lawton R. on

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car 5 months, put over 5,000 miles on it, and have found two faults. Sunlight falls on the navigation/audio screen with near blinding effect, and substantial road noise occurs at interstate speeds. That's it. I enjoy driving the car so much that I usually regret reaching my destination. Initially the ride was hard but the cause was simply over inflated tires. Unexpectedly at 5K miles I have had a significant uptick in mileage and now get well over EPA average. I am so "sold" on Hyundai now that I expect to move up to the very quiet Genesis with my next purchase.

Favorite Features

I like almost everything so well that it is difficult to speak of favorites. I like the interior, especially the wood trim. The capacious trunk has been useful for carrying a wheel chair of late. The power is smooth and ample. All features integrate in to a very pleasurable whole.

Suggested Improvements

Shield the navigation screen. Use acoustic glass in windows. Install auto stop feature so as not to waste gas idling. Up transmission to 6 speeds. A rear camera would be useful also.