Used 2009 Hyundai Azera Limited Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

2009 Hyundai Azera

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Best Car I've Owned So Far!
By Hawkskill818

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've had Volvos, Chryslers, Nissans, and Subarus. But, I've owned my Azera Limited for about 2 years now, and it is the best car I've ever owned, hands down. It is comfortable, powerful, fuel efficient, has a great sound system, and is SAFE! Consistently averages about 25-26mpg at speeds of 80mph, close to 30mpg around 70mph. I was also rear-ended at about 50mph in this car, the appraisers and auto body employees said if I was hit at any higher speed the car would've been totaled, but I came out completely unscathed! No whiplash or even a backache! It also performs very well in inclement weather, remains sure footed in rain, and the ESC system helps a lot in the snow as I have never gotten stuck and rarely slide around. It is also an extremely reliable car, I have never had any issues with anything on it. This is definitely a diamond in the rough car for Hyundai, and I will proudly buy more Hyundai products for many years to come because of my experiences with this one!

Azera
By Dave Stoltz

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My wife is the major driver and she loves the car and the features like heated seats etc. After correcting a tire problem the car is once again riding very smooth with good handling capabilities.

Level of control with all features within reach.

For someone 6'2" there isn't much leg room when driving the vehicle, best fits someone shorter.

A finer car than I imagined
By David Dahl

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a comfortable, quiet good handling car, and the Azera exceeds my expectations. On two recent longer trips the mileage was between 27 & 29 mpg, which for a 3.8 liter engine running on regular fuel is very respectable. Wish the "around town" mileage were a bit better (at around 22+). The quality and features are outstanding and are the equal or better than cars costing several thousands more. Great power, great sound system, comfortable seats, and good visibility. Hope Hyundai retains the Azera along with the new Genesis. I can certainly heartily recommend this automobile.

Power, handling, sound system, build quality, quietness, understated elegance of design, and use of regular gas.

Somewhat better fuel economy around for city driving.

Best car I've ever owned!
By RBuck

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I spend a lot of time driving since I commute 4 hrs per day. Thus, I have already put 29K miles on this car in only 11 mos. I am 59 and have owned/driven a lot of cars, including some very expensive ones (both foreign & domestic). And this car is, without a doubt, "the best" car I have ever owned. Hyundai is producing some great products at a reasonable price. The closest equivalent car would be a Toyota Avalon; but the Azera rides better, is more powerful, quieter, and more responsive in handling. Yet the price of an Azera is thousands less than an Avalon. Great workmanship & reliability: like I said, I have put 29K miles on this car already without any mechanical problems. Great car!

Quality of construction & attention to detail: this car is tight, solid & well-finished. Looks: some might find it's looks a bit dated, but I find its lines to be classic & upscale. Very smooth, quiet ride: I test drove the rear-wheel drive Genesis, but found I preferred the Azera's ride. Powerful!

It would be nice if the driver's seat could go back a couple of more inches. Slightly better gas mileage would be nice: getting around 22-24 around town, and 27 on the road; but guess that's the price you pay for the power & responsiveness of a 3.8 V6.

Few Faults With This One
By Lawton R.

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car 5 months, put over 5,000 miles on it, and have found two faults. Sunlight falls on the navigation/audio screen with near blinding effect, and substantial road noise occurs at interstate speeds. That's it. I enjoy driving the car so much that I usually regret reaching my destination. Initially the ride was hard but the cause was simply over inflated tires. Unexpectedly at 5K miles I have had a significant uptick in mileage and now get well over EPA average. I am so "sold" on Hyundai now that I expect to move up to the very quiet Genesis with my next purchase.

I like almost everything so well that it is difficult to speak of favorites. I like the interior, especially the wood trim. The capacious trunk has been useful for carrying a wheel chair of late. The power is smooth and ample. All features integrate in to a very pleasurable whole.

Shield the navigation screen. Use acoustic glass in windows. Install auto stop feature so as not to waste gas idling. Up transmission to 6 speeds. A rear camera would be useful also.