2009 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:
Azera
By Dave Stoltz on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My wife is the major driver and she loves the car and the features like heated seats etc. After correcting a tire problem the car is once again riding very smooth with good handling capabilities.

A finer car than I imagined
By David Dahl on 04/21/10 15:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a comfortable, quiet good handling car, and the Azera exceeds my expectations. On two recent longer trips the mileage was between 27 & 29 mpg, which for a 3.8 liter engine running on regular fuel is very respectable. Wish the "around town" mileage were a bit better (at around 22+). The quality and features are outstanding and are the equal or better than cars costing several thousands more. Great power, great sound system, comfortable seats, and good visibility. Hope Hyundai retains the Azera along with the new Genesis. I can certainly heartily recommend this automobile.

Best car I've ever owned!
By RBuck on 01/12/10 11:16 AM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I spend a lot of time driving since I commute 4 hrs per day. Thus, I have already put 29K miles on this car in only 11 mos. I am 59 and have owned/driven a lot of cars, including some very expensive ones (both foreign & domestic). And this car is, without a doubt, "the best" car I have ever owned. Hyundai is producing some great products at a reasonable price. The closest equivalent car would be a Toyota Avalon; but the Azera rides better, is more powerful, quieter, and more responsive in handling. Yet the price of an Azera is thousands less than an Avalon. Great workmanship & reliability: like I said, I have put 29K miles on this car already without any mechanical problems. Great car!

Few Faults With This One
By Lawton R. on 10/15/09 12:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car 5 months, put over 5,000 miles on it, and have found two faults. Sunlight falls on the navigation/audio screen with near blinding effect, and substantial road noise occurs at interstate speeds. That's it. I enjoy driving the car so much that I usually regret reaching my destination. Initially the ride was hard but the cause was simply over inflated tires. Unexpectedly at 5K miles I have had a significant uptick in mileage and now get well over EPA average. I am so "sold" on Hyundai now that I expect to move up to the very quiet Genesis with my next purchase.

Just bought it and love it!!!
By bmbutler on 09/28/09 19:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was actually looking at the new Genesis, but financially the Azera was a better fit for me. I think it is a mistake for Hyundai to discontinue this car because it fits right between the Sonata and Genesis on price point, but oh, well........... Very happy with my choice and Hyundai of New Bern is the best!!! I love this car.

Great car-Poor MPG
By PoppyJ on 09/21/09 17:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is one great car except for the city MPG which I am getting only 13-14 mpg. On a trip to the Hyundai factory in Montgomery AL. I averaged 27MPG which is respectable. That plant is really something to see and worth the 650 mile trip each way. My poor gas mileage is on file with my dealer, Maybe I have a lemon which I am following up on.

All I hoped for, almost
By Delighted driver on 09/13/09 14:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

It is possible to find faults with this car. At interstate speeds road and wind noise are substantial. Sun light falls on the audio/navi screen making it almost unreadable. Otherwise the car is a pure delight to drive. I normally regret reaching my destination. The car is attractive, comfortable, powerful, and has many amenities. Cabin and trunk are spacious also. Just what I wanted excepting the two features mentioned above.

Concert Hall on Wheels- a Real Gem
By AWM on 08/29/09 08:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is an amazing great car with unmatched value. My wife and I absolutely love it. Our friends are very impressed. We've owned it for 4 months and I waited until now to do the review. At 3500 miles, with majority (~80%) highway driving, the long-term mileage has been 24 mpg. As the flagship for Hyundai until the Genesis, one clearly senses that a whole lot of thought had gone into the design, and care into the build of this car. So far, this has been the most issue-free car I've owned, including Camrys and Accords. There are people who would rave about this car if it was a luxury brand, but are more reserved as a Hyundai product. The Azera should be continued, to convert these skeptics.

More BANG for the buck!!
By JIM M. on 07/18/09 10:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this fine vehicle on August 4th,2008 and been very satisfied with it in all respects except one - a bumpy shift from lower gears to drive. While I find this to be irritating it still does not diminish my enjoying my Azera.

One Great Car
By Bob P on 04/20/09 07:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase the Hyundai Azera Limited after having a Camry for only 15 months (which also was purchsed new) The Azera Ltd. has much more power with just scacrificeing a mile or two MPG. The ride is top knotch and the sound system is awesome. Braking is aggressive. The "manual" shift mode is fun on the twisty roads. Fold-in mirrors is a great auto car wash feature. I found out that the Sun Screen in the back window is not only good on sunny days, but also a benefit when the guy behind you has his brights on. So far this car has been a pleasure to drive and own.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Hyundai Azera in VA is:

$122 per month*