2009 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:
Great Car
By Bob Greene on 12/05/09 09:57 AM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Azera GLS 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This may be the finest car I have ever owned. I bought fun it new during the year end closeout, and have enjoyed it since day one. The mileage I have experienced actually exceeds the EPA estimates. I am getting is in excess of 30mpg in highway driving, and the car is not yet fully broken in. It is quiet and comfortable, and is fun to drive. It has plenty of "oomph" at all speeds.

Bought another Hyundai.
By Scott on 03/18/09 18:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Azera GLS 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This will be my 3rd Hyundai. My Son drives my old 2003 Sonata with 160K on it. I traded my 07 Santa Fe AWD for this car as I commute to work almost 100 miles a day and need better MPG's. I didn't need or want the Limited as the GLS have all the options I preferred. I have owned it only a couple days and the mileage is 25 mpg but that is a lot of highway. I expect even better once the car is broke in. If you are looking for an Azera, the deals are out there. I got about 5K off the MSRP.

Good value, nice vehcile
By L&R on 03/06/09 18:58 PM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Azera GLS 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned a 2009 GLS with the Premium Package for 2 months/1,600mi. Didn’t need the extra bells and the larger engine, so saved a few $$$. Comfortable ride and generously sized for 2 teens in the back seat. Does not feel big and is easy to park and maneuver in traffic. Plenty of power on hills (we live at 6,800 ft in Colorado and go up and down in elevation constantly), plus an average 21-22mpg on about 50/50 city/hwy driving. (yes, I do drive it nicely) There is plenty of power available if you choose to use it. I was quite surprised when I “jumped on it” the first time-got up to speed in no time! We did look at Honda, Toyota and Nissan and are happy with our decision.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Hyundai Azera in VA is:

$122 per month*