Used 2009 Hyundai Azera GLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

2009 Hyundai Azera

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Great car but not for snow!
By seagypsy1000

2009 Hyundai Azera GLS 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had my Azera for over two years and I absolutely loved it! However, with any kind of ice on the road, the car became completely undrivable. I had really good tires on it and even going down straight, smooth, flat roads with any type of ice on them, the car would fishtail all over the place. Ultimately, I decided I had to trade it in or risk winding up in the ditch in the winter. If I lived where there was no snow, I would have never given this car up! I was told by a dealership that even with studded tires, the car would still act the same way. It's a car meant for cruising and that it does very well.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, Sirius XM built in, smooth driving, sun roof, auto seats.

Suggested Improvements

I don't know how to make this car do better under icy conditions but that would be the only thing I can think of that could make this car any better.

Great Car
By Bob Greene

2009 Hyundai Azera GLS 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This may be the finest car I have ever owned. I bought fun it new during the year end closeout, and have enjoyed it since day one. The mileage I have experienced actually exceeds the EPA estimates. I am getting is in excess of 30mpg in highway driving, and the car is not yet fully broken in. It is quiet and comfortable, and is fun to drive. It has plenty of "oomph" at all speeds.

Favorite Features

Driver comfort and quietness

Suggested Improvements

None

Bought another Hyundai.
By Scott

2009 Hyundai Azera GLS 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This will be my 3rd Hyundai. My Son drives my old 2003 Sonata with 160K on it. I traded my 07 Santa Fe AWD for this car as I commute to work almost 100 miles a day and need better MPG's. I didn't need or want the Limited as the GLS have all the options I preferred. I have owned it only a couple days and the mileage is 25 mpg but that is a lot of highway. I expect even better once the car is broke in. If you are looking for an Azera, the deals are out there. I got about 5K off the MSRP.

Favorite Features

The comfort and ride of a full size sedan. The Bluetooth is a great feature and works perfect. Very nice XM radio. Trip meter. Nice size trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Sun glass compartment. The bluetooth is where it would be. Wish the console held more like my Santa Fe did. These are very minor improvements.

Good value, nice vehcile
By L&R

2009 Hyundai Azera GLS 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned a 2009 GLS with the Premium Package for 2 months/1,600mi. Didnít need the extra bells and the larger engine, so saved a few $$$. Comfortable ride and generously sized for 2 teens in the back seat. Does not feel big and is easy to park and maneuver in traffic. Plenty of power on hills (we live at 6,800 ft in Colorado and go up and down in elevation constantly), plus an average 21-22mpg on about 50/50 city/hwy driving. (yes, I do drive it nicely) There is plenty of power available if you choose to use it. I was quite surprised when I ďjumped on itĒ the first time-got up to speed in no time! We did look at Honda, Toyota and Nissan and are happy with our decision.

Favorite Features

Itís a nice, comfortable, fun to drive sedan. The iPod connection is wonderful

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage (Iíd always want more if Iím to be honest). No other suggestions Ė itís a good value for what you get.