Used 2009 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

2009 Hyundai Azera

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Great car but not for snow!
By seagypsy1000

2009 Hyundai Azera GLS 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had my Azera for over two years and I absolutely loved it! However, with any kind of ice on the road, the car became completely undrivable. I had really good tires on it and even going down straight, smooth, flat roads with any type of ice on them, the car would fishtail all over the place. Ultimately, I decided I had to trade it in or risk winding up in the ditch in the winter. If I lived where there was no snow, I would have never given this car up! I was told by a dealership that even with studded tires, the car would still act the same way. It's a car meant for cruising and that it does very well.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, Sirius XM built in, smooth driving, sun roof, auto seats.

Suggested Improvements

I don't know how to make this car do better under icy conditions but that would be the only thing I can think of that could make this car any better.

Azera
By Dave Stoltz

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My wife is the major driver and she loves the car and the features like heated seats etc. After correcting a tire problem the car is once again riding very smooth with good handling capabilities.

Favorite Features

Level of control with all features within reach.

Suggested Improvements

For someone 6'2" there isn't much leg room when driving the vehicle, best fits someone shorter.

A finer car than I imagined
By David Dahl

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a comfortable, quiet good handling car, and the Azera exceeds my expectations. On two recent longer trips the mileage was between 27 & 29 mpg, which for a 3.8 liter engine running on regular fuel is very respectable. Wish the "around town" mileage were a bit better (at around 22+). The quality and features are outstanding and are the equal or better than cars costing several thousands more. Great power, great sound system, comfortable seats, and good visibility. Hope Hyundai retains the Azera along with the new Genesis. I can certainly heartily recommend this automobile.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, sound system, build quality, quietness, understated elegance of design, and use of regular gas.

Suggested Improvements

Somewhat better fuel economy around for city driving.

Best car I've ever owned!
By RBuck

2009 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I spend a lot of time driving since I commute 4 hrs per day. Thus, I have already put 29K miles on this car in only 11 mos. I am 59 and have owned/driven a lot of cars, including some very expensive ones (both foreign & domestic). And this car is, without a doubt, "the best" car I have ever owned. Hyundai is producing some great products at a reasonable price. The closest equivalent car would be a Toyota Avalon; but the Azera rides better, is more powerful, quieter, and more responsive in handling. Yet the price of an Azera is thousands less than an Avalon. Great workmanship & reliability: like I said, I have put 29K miles on this car already without any mechanical problems. Great car!

Favorite Features

Quality of construction & attention to detail: this car is tight, solid & well-finished. Looks: some might find it's looks a bit dated, but I find its lines to be classic & upscale. Very smooth, quiet ride: I test drove the rear-wheel drive Genesis, but found I preferred the Azera's ride. Powerful!

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if the driver's seat could go back a couple of more inches. Slightly better gas mileage would be nice: getting around 22-24 around town, and 27 on the road; but guess that's the price you pay for the power & responsiveness of a 3.8 V6.

Great Car
By Bob Greene

2009 Hyundai Azera GLS 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This may be the finest car I have ever owned. I bought fun it new during the year end closeout, and have enjoyed it since day one. The mileage I have experienced actually exceeds the EPA estimates. I am getting is in excess of 30mpg in highway driving, and the car is not yet fully broken in. It is quiet and comfortable, and is fun to drive. It has plenty of "oomph" at all speeds.

Favorite Features

Driver comfort and quietness

Suggested Improvements

None