Used 2008 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Excessive road noise inside
By CALIFGUY

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2008 Azera for 9 months, and have noticed the road noise inside the car to be very loud, compared to the 2006 Azera I still own, and my wife drives. I have adjusted the tire pressure on the Michelin tires, and still see no improvement. Both cars have the exact same tires, and maintain the same tire pressure. The dealer says "it is what it is", and couldn't explain why both cars would vary so much in road noise. I still have 1000's of miles wear left on these tires, and hope when the time comes to replace them, it will make a difference

Power folding mirrors,automatic adjusting steering column, rear window shade, Satellite radio, 20 gal. fuel tank, dual temp. zones, dual seat warmers, huge trunk, split folding rear seats, plenty of horsepower, leather seats, power moon roof,low cost of maintenance, 100,000 mile warranty.

road noise

Poor Quailty vehicle no care fromHyundai
By Steve

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Guess the frustration is everything gone wrong seems to not be able to be repaired or not covered under Hyundai warranty. In 2 years CD has gone out, not under warranty, head gasket blew, not has a battery discharge short they cannot find and been in shop for 4 times same issue for a month. Hyundai won't return calls to me to discuss the issue and shop says they know it has a problem but don't know how to repair. While I enjoyed this car at once as a company I now have to give Hyundai an "F" for consumer assistance and standing behind their product. They are not a brand on my do not buy list for any reason.

Limited in nice yet seating does not adjust to way Americans sit in seating.

Take care of customers when there is a problem. Fix it or replace it.

Best Car I Have Owned
By Leslie

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 5th Hyundai and they just get better each time. Great car to drive back and forth to work everyday (50 miles so comfort and safety are paramount). The leather interior is luxurious and the wood trim gives a sense of elegance and opulence in an otherwise very affordable car. Such a smooth comfy ride, reminds me of my Mother's 1978 Cadillac El Dorado.

The rain sensing windshield wipers. The retractable sunscreen in the back window.

Been there Done that
By skyken

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at Hyundai in 1986 and didn't buy. Had 2001 Audi A6 which I sold and wanted to replace with a newer model. Drove a Sonata on a dare and enjoyed it but wanted a more powerful luxury car similar to my Audi Quattro which was the best handling car I've ever owned. The Azera that I bought was $6,000 less and 2 years newer than a comparable A6. Mileage at steady 80 is 22 mpg at 53 mph was an astonishing 29 mpg. Very comfortable ride, excellent handling for a FWD full size sedan. The dealer in Delray Beach treats me like gold and has replaced shocks, turned rotors above 30k miles. I've driven all types of cars in my over 40 years and this has to be one of the best. Definitely will buy again.

In Florida we tint windows. Problem at night seeing though. Don't need rear tint as there's an electrically raised shade. Electric folding side mirrors, excellent stereo. Powerful 3.6L engine. Great transmission. One touch up/down on front windows. We use heated seats in the winter instead of heater.

Need LED display on stereo & A/C. Fold- down seats need larger trunk access pass-through. Brighter interior lighting with ability to turn all on from driver's position. More coverage for high beams. A little tighter on suspension. Passenger wiper clearance between hood and wiper in order to raise wiper.

Own a 2006 & 2008 azera
By BILL IN SO. CALIF.

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a used 2006 (1st year model) limited edition, with 12,000 miles. Now has 103,000. Gave it to my wife, when I bought a used 2008 azera with 12,000 miles, now has 30,000. I have owned over 25 cars in my life, and these are among my top 3 all time favorite cars. You can't beat the quality and features for the price. Dealer service is the only way to go. They stand behind their cars 100%. If I have to complain about something, its the amount of road noise on the freeway. My 2008 has navigation, but it is outdated, and not user friendly. Hyundai is updating the nav in 2011. Two friends have bought azera's, after driving mine.

605 Watt stereo, all the power accessories. Quality of construction, comfort of seating, (I'm 6,4")

Reduce road noise problem.