2008 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:
Long-Term Update
By Drew2931 on 06/21/10 12:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is a long-term update to my earlier report about 16 months ago when the car had about 20,000 miles. I now have about 60,000 miles on the car and I still love it. No question that this is one of the best cars - definitely the best value - I have ever owned. I have only had only one unusual problem - had a broken tooth on the timing gear, it was replaced under warranty. Otherwise it has been perfectly reliable. As you can tell, I spend a lot of time in a car covering al-ms in technology sales. I often will drive over 3 hours in a stretch and I arrive still feeling good as the car is so comfortable.

I'd look at a Sonata
By 2007SonataLover on 06/04/10 22:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I own a Sonata. Mine went in to the shop for a recall and I got a 2008 Azera with 20k miles on the odo. It rattles like crazy and you hear the back end. The transmission is terrible and doesn't shift right. There is cheap plastic and door handles are plastic. My Sonata is so much nicer and roomier. I don't understand. Was looking forward to driving this car. Like Hyundai, but I would look at a Sonata. Mine has twice the miles and no rattles. Oh, turned the radio up so I couldn't hear the rattles and the Infinity radio is pretty bad too. This one pulls to the right, maybe it's been wrecked since its a loaner car?

Best Car I've ever owned
By EGKG on 04/25/10 09:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Previously owned a Pontiac Bonneville, didn't ever think I would find a car as comfy as my Bonneville, but this car has surpassed it in the Comfort Zone! I test drove 7 different cars before I drove this car, and it was by far the best!! The steering is so precise you feel like it's doing all the work for you! The power side view mirrors the heated seats with lumbar support for the driver and passenger, the adjustable pedals, the auto settings for the mechanical steering wheel for 2 different drivers,the back seat has great leg room, I just can't say enough about how much we are enjoying this car!! This is definitely a Luxury Car!!

Unhappy Owner
By Mike on 03/16/10 12:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used Aug 09. Had 28k miles on it. It has developed a quite load ticking in the engine. Worse on cold days but can be heard always. Tried twice to get dealer to fix under warranty. They refused. Said until something breaks there's nothing they can do. What good is a warranty if they won't honer it. I actually am starting to hate this car. Its has a noisy, jittery ride. I just have a feeling in another 20k it will be a hunk of junk. I will get rid of it somehow this summer when it warms up and the ticking sound is not a obvious.

Very Happy
By Joe in NJ on 02/14/10 09:00 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought an '08 Azera Limited yesterday so this is my initial review. I'm very impressed with the car's ride, overall quality and appearance. I bought it with 16,500 miles. I paid $17K + my 2002 Sonata that was essentially a write off. I'm very happy with the deal I made. $17K for a $30K+ car is awesome. It's comfortable, SAFE and classy. I don't see any reason to pay the premium for other brands. This is my 3rd Hyundai and there probably will be a 4th.

Very Good but no Great
By shagnat on 02/09/10 08:28 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Hyundai. I had done loads of research before purchasing this car. I've been a Toyota man for 20+ years and it was difficult to change brands. The low resale value of this cars helped me to purchase the Hyundai. I'm not sure if I regret this decision or not, but, time will tell. I don't believe it is the same quality as Toyota, but, it's close in many areas. The performance is excellent, gas mileage is very good for 263 hp. Seating comfort is a little lacking due to very short seat bottoms. Many many lxury features, but, they haven't changed much at all since 2006. Needs a major updating.

Disappointed - Not for Everyone!!!
By Alex on 01/31/10 14:23 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

1) After first week, I felt the car pulling ...took to the dealer and they aligned it. 2nd wk still pulling...took back to the dealer and they found that the left front tire was defective and replaced for free... 2) After ~13K miles vibration upon applying brake...dealer stated that rotors needed to be "turned"...I was outside of 12K miles for what Hyundai calls "adjustments" and so had to pay 3) Dashboard cracked - KNOWN PROB WITH AZERAS- this was what was stated by dealer-My car is garaged and was so very disappointed/frustrated that yet another prob-replaced under warranty 4) Loud noise in Engine. Dlr ran diagnostics & checked front end.Could find nothing wrong...hoping nothing awaits me next

SURPRISING
By Steven on 01/28/10 21:42 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was in the market for a 5 series BMW and decided to a take a friends advice and check out the Hyundai Azera. Very glad I did, it has all the features of the BMW with extras such as folding mirrors, telescoping pedals and steering wheel. The entry and exit from the vehicle was also easier than the 5 series bmw body. The HP on the Azera is surpasses the BMW 525 as well. Warranty was also much better. 6yrs/60K compared to the 4yrs/50K BMW. The Azera is very stable at hugs the road well on turns. OVer all very pleased.

Very Pleased Azera Owner
By Azera owner on 10/26/09 18:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This car will not disappoint you. It offers many luxurious features at a fraction of the price in comparison to Lexus. It is truly a pleasure to drive. It is equipped with ample power for safe passing and responds well on hills and navigating turns. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a car with style and grace - it more than measures up to Lexus or BMW.

Dont Believe the Hype
By toalie on 10/01/09 18:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera GLS 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After 6000 miles, I have had several problems, mostly electrical. The air bags were broken 1 week after purchase, and my driver seat moves backwards while driving. The finish of the dashboard is separating around the airbag housing. The car drives well, but I fear that it will be falling apart in a few years. After this experience, probably wont buy another Hyundai.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Hyundai Azera in NJ is:

$201 per month*