2008 Hyundai Azera Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:
Where are these!
By 1514mb on 02/15/13 21:09 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have been interested in the Hyundai Azera's for a while and finally found a good price on a used one. With 78,000 miles on it I still cant believe how well it looks and drives. What really surprises me is how little these gems sold in America. For the money I don't believe there was a better buy in this class. All cars have issues and for what you pay for this car, and the amenities you receive it is amazing. I can't wait to buy one of these brand new some day. Great job Hyundai and Kia!!!!!

Excellent Car
By dragonsol on 10/16/12 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

A few month ago I have bought a used 2008 Hyundai Azera Limited (Canadian Edition) with 68,000km. Since then, I have driven about 10,000km and managed to get a consistent/avarage 28MPG (25MPG city and 30MPG highway). The car looks good, fun to drive, comfortable and no reliability problems whatsoever. I have purchased an aftermarket DVD/GPS unit with rear view camera to replace the factory radio, so now the vehicle is complete.

The Azera is a great family car!
By 2hyundaiowners on 08/10/12 08:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased used in 2009 w/17,000 miles. It has been very good with no maintenance issues. I wanted a Toyota Avalon but they cost thousands more for the same car. Also chose this vehicle because we have had such good luck with our Hyundai Sonata. Everyone that rides in it loves our car. This is a nice luxury vehicle with great features that is very affordable. Hyundai has a great warranty & they have always been very good to deal with, we will buy another Hyundai next time-possibly a Genesis.

Still the best value in the land
By Ed on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Still the best value. Bought my Azera only six months ago and already put 12,000 miles on it. It's a dream. What a value for the bucks (less than $20K). And I always get looks and comments. Minor annoyances: driver's seat doesn't go back far enough; bumps are over exaggerated. But all in all it's more than likely the best car I've ever owned (and I've owned about 15). Nothing to think about. If you're looking for a great car at a great price - Azera's your only real choice. I'm even thinking about getting another one.

Replaced Michelins with Bridgestones
By sgtusmc73 on 09/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

OEM Michelins with lots of rubber were driving me nuts with their noise. Replaced them with Bridgestone Turanzas Serenity. Holy Crapola! What an upgrade in so many ways; it drives like a new car. No more noise and hippity hopping down the bunny trail anymore. And the car drives like it is on a track, unbelievable. Got the tires out the door for $400. Great deal; great tire; finally great handling and cruising and silence - blessed silence. Those Michelins were driving my buggy. Those are the only Michelins I have ever had on a car and they will be the only ones. SemperFi

Excessive road noise inside
By CALIFGUY on 08/22/10 14:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2008 Azera for 9 months, and have noticed the road noise inside the car to be very loud, compared to the 2006 Azera I still own, and my wife drives. I have adjusted the tire pressure on the Michelin tires, and still see no improvement. Both cars have the exact same tires, and maintain the same tire pressure. The dealer says "it is what it is", and couldn't explain why both cars would vary so much in road noise. I still have 1000's of miles wear left on these tires, and hope when the time comes to replace them, it will make a difference

Poor Quailty vehicle no care fromHyundai
By Steve on 08/21/10 05:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Guess the frustration is everything gone wrong seems to not be able to be repaired or not covered under Hyundai warranty. In 2 years CD has gone out, not under warranty, head gasket blew, not has a battery discharge short they cannot find and been in shop for 4 times same issue for a month. Hyundai won't return calls to me to discuss the issue and shop says they know it has a problem but don't know how to repair. While I enjoyed this car at once as a company I now have to give Hyundai an "F" for consumer assistance and standing behind their product. They are not a brand on my do not buy list for any reason.

Best Car I Have Owned
By Leslie on 08/18/10 14:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 5th Hyundai and they just get better each time. Great car to drive back and forth to work everyday (50 miles so comfort and safety are paramount). The leather interior is luxurious and the wood trim gives a sense of elegance and opulence in an otherwise very affordable car. Such a smooth comfy ride, reminds me of my Mother's 1978 Cadillac El Dorado.

Been there Done that
By skyken on 07/28/10 22:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at Hyundai in 1986 and didn't buy. Had 2001 Audi A6 which I sold and wanted to replace with a newer model. Drove a Sonata on a dare and enjoyed it but wanted a more powerful luxury car similar to my Audi Quattro which was the best handling car I've ever owned. The Azera that I bought was $6,000 less and 2 years newer than a comparable A6. Mileage at steady 80 is 22 mpg at 53 mph was an astonishing 29 mpg. Very comfortable ride, excellent handling for a FWD full size sedan. The dealer in Delray Beach treats me like gold and has replaced shocks, turned rotors above 30k miles. I've driven all types of cars in my over 40 years and this has to be one of the best. Definitely will buy again.

Own a 2006 & 2008 azera
By BILL IN SO. CALIF. on 07/27/10 19:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a used 2006 (1st year model) limited edition, with 12,000 miles. Now has 103,000. Gave it to my wife, when I bought a used 2008 azera with 12,000 miles, now has 30,000. I have owned over 25 cars in my life, and these are among my top 3 all time favorite cars. You can't beat the quality and features for the price. Dealer service is the only way to go. They stand behind their cars 100%. If I have to complain about something, its the amount of road noise on the freeway. My 2008 has navigation, but it is outdated, and not user friendly. Hyundai is updating the nav in 2011. Two friends have bought azera's, after driving mine.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.