Used 2008 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Where are these!
By 1514mb

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have been interested in the Hyundai Azera's for a while and finally found a good price on a used one. With 78,000 miles on it I still cant believe how well it looks and drives. What really surprises me is how little these gems sold in America. For the money I don't believe there was a better buy in this class. All cars have issues and for what you pay for this car, and the amenities you receive it is amazing. I can't wait to buy one of these brand new some day. Great job Hyundai and Kia!!!!!

Favorite Features

Engine, interior quality, radio, turn signal indicator mirrors, sunshade, steering wheel, rear end appearance, great interior fit and finish along with exterior. Also a huge trunk and 28 to 29 miles hwy..

Suggested Improvements

Still a new car to me so not anything at this time. the only thing others have mentioned was road noise and rattles. Not that bad in my book.

Excellent Car
By dragonsol

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

A few month ago I have bought a used 2008 Hyundai Azera Limited (Canadian Edition) with 68,000km. Since then, I have driven about 10,000km and managed to get a consistent/avarage 28MPG (25MPG city and 30MPG highway). The car looks good, fun to drive, comfortable and no reliability problems whatsoever. I have purchased an aftermarket DVD/GPS unit with rear view camera to replace the factory radio, so now the vehicle is complete.

Favorite Features

Everything.

The Azera is a great family car!
By 2hyundaiowners

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased used in 2009 w/17,000 miles. It has been very good with no maintenance issues. I wanted a Toyota Avalon but they cost thousands more for the same car. Also chose this vehicle because we have had such good luck with our Hyundai Sonata. Everyone that rides in it loves our car. This is a nice luxury vehicle with great features that is very affordable. Hyundai has a great warranty & they have always been very good to deal with, we will buy another Hyundai next time-possibly a Genesis.

Favorite Features

Smooth riding, comfortable for five adults. Like the rear air vents for our passengers. It has a great trunk. Free Hyundai roadside assistance if you ever break down.

Suggested Improvements

Problems with gas "spilling" out when filling-up.

Still the best value in the land
By Ed

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Still the best value. Bought my Azera only six months ago and already put 12,000 miles on it. It's a dream. What a value for the bucks (less than $20K). And I always get looks and comments. Minor annoyances: driver's seat doesn't go back far enough; bumps are over exaggerated. But all in all it's more than likely the best car I've ever owned (and I've owned about 15). Nothing to think about. If you're looking for a great car at a great price - Azera's your only real choice. I'm even thinking about getting another one.

Favorite Features

Ride (as long as I'm on smooth road). Look. Luxuries & Conveniences.

Suggested Improvements

More extension on the driver's seat to move rearward. Smoother ride over bumps.

Replaced Michelins with Bridgestones
By sgtusmc73

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

OEM Michelins with lots of rubber were driving me nuts with their noise. Replaced them with Bridgestone Turanzas Serenity. Holy Crapola! What an upgrade in so many ways; it drives like a new car. No more noise and hippity hopping down the bunny trail anymore. And the car drives like it is on a track, unbelievable. Got the tires out the door for $400. Great deal; great tire; finally great handling and cruising and silence - blessed silence. Those Michelins were driving my buggy. Those are the only Michelins I have ever had on a car and they will be the only ones. SemperFi

Favorite Features

All of the bells and whistles which cae with this Azera Limited with the Ultimate Package which I dressed up with rebadging, chrome on window frames, tinted windows, and a spoiler to touch off the rear end. This is the best damned car that I have ever owned and it gets a lot of great comments.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I would like to make is to upgrade the struts; I think that the OEM ones are not up to the quality of the rest of the car.