Azera Vibrations
By MXV4hater on
2007 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)
The Azera has a vibration issue related to the 17" Michelin MXV4 tires. Michelin dealers won't replace the tires even after 2 dealers found problems with them, because they didn't sell them. Hyundai won't replace them (300 miles on the second set. Two sets vibrate!)and customer support won't discuss it beyond saying it's Michelin's problem. 17" low profile tires require nylon that remembers the flat after parking especially in cold temps. Shipping from Korea really puts a flat spot in them that won't come out with driving. Tech bulletins reveal the problem, but Hyundai will not resolve it. Very poor customer relations from Michelin and Hyundai. Demand non-factory tires before buying.
Favorite Features
I love the interior room and comfort. The leather seats and style are the level of luxury I was looking for. I love the power of 3.8l engine. I love the body design.
Suggested Improvements
Ship the cars with disposable tires and put new ones on when they arrive in the States. The flat induced from shipping will not subside with driving.