Used 2007 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Engine Fire...2007 Azera
By gsuroviec

2007 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I owned this car for 3 years. I am 2nd owner. The 2nd owner only gets 5 year, 60K mile warranty. I was about 3 weeks past the 5 years when the engine caught on fire while sitting in a parking lot, turned off. It was a total loss... and also for others parked near by...as they too lit up. The fire started in the very front of the engine compartment. Hyundai denied any assistance or responsibility for the engine fire. They were not interested to investigate. I am just so thankful it happened out in the open, rather than back in my attached garage. I will never own another Hyundai or Kia again. I value my safety and that of my family first.

Update 1 year later
By whigbee

2007 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I'm updating my review from 1 year ago. Since then I have encountered more issues. My dashboard has cracked on the passenger side, where the Airbag is. The cracks are basicially in the shape of where the bag is. Also the rear window shade has gone out for the 2nd time. The paint is fading. I e-mailed Hyundai Usa, and they directed me to a dealership. I have 1 month or 5,000 miles left until the warranty expires (5yr/60k). This is something that should be covered even after expiration, I feel they are both safety issues. Unfortunatly I have to go back to a dealership that lacks customer service and follow-up. I had such high hopes for this Car, but am disappointed in the build/reliability

Favorite Features

Accereration. Leather seats, Sunroof. Interior Room. Stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

Quality testing on materials and workmanship. Handling and suspension. iPod connecter, which is standard on quite a few vehicles. TPMS was suppose to be on this vehicle, but does not have it. Customer service at the dealership level (But then we would all like that)

A Good Car Overall
By justme86

2007 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car since new. Quiet, good performance and decent mpg. A comfortable ride that's been on quite a few long trips. The only problems I've had are an undercar protective panel falling off on the highway (covered under warranty), the Michelin tires lasted only 30k miles and, now, the dash has cracked (I assume the dealer will also cover under warranty). I only have one little occassional rattle but don't they all have at least one? I've enjoyed this car and intend to keep it until at least the end of the warranty period. I would recommend Hyundai to all buyers.

Favorite Features

My Limited has a peppy 6 cylinder. The interior comfort lasts even after a 16-hour day behind the wheel. I like the exterior design and the trunk has more than enough room.

Suggested Improvements

All cars have room for improvements and my Azera is no exception. Some of the interior plastic parts could better retain their color/finish. And I'm a bit disappointed about the cracks in the dash since my car is garaged while at home and I always use my windshield reflective sunscreen.

Issues with our 2007 Azera
By daveb2323

2007 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a our 2007 Azera new, and have had several issues with the car. I will list only those that I consider more than nuisance value. Cracked dashboard, much like all the other customers. Sound barrier/shroud bolts under car came off like others, dragging from front to back. Latest issue is a failed rear winshield screen motor, which the dealer says has been impossible for him to fix... Car also gives off a tremendous amount of heat under the car on both sides and the rear. Overall, the car has been nice to drive but has so many what seems to be design flaws that it's now clear to me why hyundai does not advertise it or give it showroom floor space.

Suggested Improvements

Engineer it better. The car is basicially a good design but has too many annoying service issues.

2007 Azera Ltd
By whigbee

2007 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

on 02/24/11 19:08 PM (PST) I had both Plastic engine shrouds fall down while driving. I drove it home with them pointing forward hitting the ground. I unbolted the remaining bolts and removed them and took it to our dealer( Poor Customer service), and they questioned me, but I showed where they broke. The car radiates a lot of heat when you get out of the car, by the drivers door, from underneath. I had the Door panels replaced, the Rear shade replaced, the rubber around the sunroof replaced. The battery replaced after 2 years. The ride can be rough, but the power is great.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, comfort, adjustable pedals and telescopic sterring wheel, sound systems, sun roof and rear shade, folding mirrors. Hyundai online service Guide, maintenance manual.

Suggested Improvements

Hyundai Dealership Service Dept. Better Quality control, improved ride.