2007 Hyundai Azera GLS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:
Outstanding Car!!
By Ken on 05/14/08 22:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I researched a bunch of cars, came close to buying a Toyota Camry vs. Nissan Altima until I read about the Hyundai. I went to the local dealer to look at a 2009 Sonata and ended up falling in love with a used 2007 Azera. This is by far the best car I've ever owned for a fraction of the price I paid for Mercedes, BMW, Volvo, and Audi. Congratulations to the South Koreans for producing an outstanding car! In contrast to other reviews I get about 20 mpg around town and 28-33 on the road.

poor fuel performance
By mathew7 on 05/02/08 09:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is an excellent car as a whole . Great radio . Rides smoothly and has excellent pickup. Automatic climate controls work nicely. I have had this car since Nov 07 and have driven 4700 miles since then.

2007 Azera Limited
By agzeal on 04/27/08 20:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my Cadillac while on vacation. This car is roomy and has a trunk as large as my DeVille. Fun car to drive and it will get up and go. Very nice leather interior and I love the white pearl exterior. Engine is exceptionally quiet as well as powerful. Heated seats and folding rear seats and exterior chrome accents make this a special car.

hyundai is the way to go!
By george hurowitz on 04/26/08 13:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2004 Maxima with only 27,000 miles for the 2007 Azera limited w/ultimate package in August, 2007. My purchase was based on the features included with the car, especially 8 airbags! The Azera outshines my old car in everything wanted or desired in an automobile. The turning radius is unbelievable compared to my trade-in. My wife loves the way the Azera handles, as I do.

Stiff Seats
By JamieR on 04/21/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Azera last spring after researching a number of comparable models. I chose the Azera because of its Consumer Reports ratings compared to other similar models, and the value for all the goodies I wanted. My only complaint is that the seats are incredibly uncomfortable. I thought the seats would soften up but after a year they're just not any better. I found my MPG got much better after my 15 month tune-up when they did the injector service. I'm now getting about 24-25mpg, with close to 28-29 if I do nothing but highway driving.

Just a nice face
By Ronald on 04/20/08 17:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I am getting about 20.5 mpg in city driving,slow to down shift. On mildly rough roads this car is a handful, even after the dealer replaced both front shocks, I still feel every bump in the road. I also own a 2004 Sonata, however, I am going to get rid of this heap ASAP

Awesome Ride
By Andy on 04/17/08 17:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Best car for the money. First foreign car I have owned. I purchased a limited in December of 2007. I got the golden beige. My wife liked it so much we bought her one. She got the XM steel Gray. I have almost 7000 miles on mine. Best car I have ever had! Very quiet. Plenty of power. Infinity sound system rocks. I had all the tires aligned and ha nitrogen put in them. No issues with the michelins. Drives like a dream. My wife's car is a program car with 22k miles. She loves it. The entire buying experience was unbelievable. Great experience with dealer. The entire sale was negotiated over the phone. I truly believe that the azera is the most car for the money on the road today!

Very poor instrument panel poor fuel
By BERNARD HAUSFELD on 04/11/08 22:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The instrument panel lighting is so poor in sunlight can't see odometer or trip meter or Cruise set indicator. Tires have vibration. Poor fuel 23 mpg. Transmission does funny things, as if it does not want to release when coasting. Should have bot another Buick Lesabre, 27 mpg over 68,000 miles.

I love my Hyundai's .....but
By Randall G on 04/02/08 10:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Good price, and lots of goodies for the price. Great ride, and if you take care of them, they will not only turn heads on the higher end vehicles, but also keep going for years to come. I kept my XG350 and continue to drive it in tandem with my Azera. However, Hyundai does a poor job in transport. Visually inspect any new purchase very closely. They are poor when it comes to care after it leaves the plant. Deep scratches and sometimes missing clearcoat spots seem to be a problem with Hyundai and the attitude extends to it's dealerships.

Azera Vibrations
By MXV4hater on 03/25/08 20:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The Azera has a vibration issue related to the 17" Michelin MXV4 tires. Michelin dealers won't replace the tires even after 2 dealers found problems with them, because they didn't sell them. Hyundai won't replace them (300 miles on the second set. Two sets vibrate!)and customer support won't discuss it beyond saying it's Michelin's problem. 17" low profile tires require nylon that remembers the flat after parking especially in cold temps. Shipping from Korea really puts a flat spot in them that won't come out with driving. Tech bulletins reveal the problem, but Hyundai will not resolve it. Very poor customer relations from Michelin and Hyundai. Demand non-factory tires before buying.